Player Discussion: Anthony Beauvillier

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Isn't he pretty much already?
2 full season body of work. 21 and 18 goals.

With his speed my expectation of Beauvillier is 25 goals a year. It’s painful sometimes to watch him take a slapper on a breakaway knowing he’s going to hit the glass.

I like Tito’s game. Just not his shot.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
He's been playing well and it's nice to see. Guy has always given 110% each shift and it's nice to see his game start to come together.

He's still got a ways to go imo but kid has all the tools + work ethic & attitude so it's just a matter of time before he kicks things up a notch.

- a vocal critic

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Beau's always been smart with a high work ethic and very good skills to compliment. Now he has some experience under his belt that gives him the confidence to really apply his talents because he believes in himself. He's only going to get better and I never really had any doubt. He's a core player moving forward, IMO.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
This is going to be his year.

He been snake bitten for a lot of this season. Hopefully last night starts the overflow of goals.

He's a streaky scorer. I think he'll always be a streaky scorer. But if his overall play remains what it has been so far, he's a solid second line winger, and a pain in the *** to play against.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
I believe that Beau can be even better.

He has done well to fine tune his game, and is starting to see more consistent success. He always showed flashes of brilliance, and was a tireless worker, so it seemed like it was just a matter of time.

Still, I can see that he expects more out of himself, even become part of the captaincy group. And I think he can do it.

Seems to match really well with Nelson right now, and I'm glad that BT keeps them together a lot. I'd even say that Beau drives their line more than Nelson.

It's a bit awkward right now, how he plays with Barzal, but when those two start clicking... gonna be like magic. I think BT tried Beau on the 1st PP, didn't he? Briefly? I think that Beau is going to become a fixture on the top unit, soon.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Kid is a catalyst. Love his fire and die trying attitude.

Just incredible the last 2 games. Even when not scoring prior, plays a strong 2 way game and is always creating chances.

Love the Beau!

His speed and tenacity on the forecheck have been huge, he brings a similar dynamic to Barzal as a strong F1 forechecker. The Killer B's have both taken to Trotz's philosophy and their games have taken quantum leaps.

I think it's pretty clear that the man strength is finally coming in for him. We've seen a lot of Captain Snowpants with him in the past, not so much this year. Beau is so much stronger on the puck and he's actually winning board battles. While he's always been a good skater, it's ticked up a notch or two in all phases - speed is up, much stronger on his skates, better edge work.

I know there have been discussions about Beau playing center in the past, I think he's found a home on the wing.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
He's a streaky scorer. I think he'll always be a streaky scorer. But if his overall play remains what it has been so far, he's a solid second line winger, and a pain in the *** to play against.

A but harsh to label him a streaky scorer. It’s only his 3rd NHL season. 2nd season with a real coach.

Reactions: WangMustGo

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Night and day from last year. Even when hes not scoring hes useful. Creates alot of turnover, strong defensively, can kill penalties, and play on the powerplay. He has a fantastic shot and his motor is always going. I think we are just scratching the surface with Beau.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Been saying it since the start of the season: he has an extra jump to his game. He skates with a purpose and it seems like a fire was lit under his ass. It's been such a joy to watch his progression so far.
I think that fire was lit with the trade rumors last deadline.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
For $hits and giggles, here's a few Beau posts from last season:

We've all had some misses on player projections so I won't attribute any names to the posts (except one).

At this point Beau is close to Comeau on a hockey IQ level

Nothing wrong with Beau but I don't see a 30-30 guy. More like a solid 3rd line guy

Trade him

Another Ryan strome, probably won't have to leave for Europe for a number of years like ho sang will very soon, but he is not really that good. As soon as he starts asking for his 3+ millions year he will be gone. aronjudge11

He’s not that good of a player, and he could be a very valuable piece in a trade. I’d much rather move him than Bellows, Dobson, Wilde, or Wahlstrom.

Really hope I eat crow on Beauvillier. I still do not see him as a top six player.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
For $hits and giggles, here's a few Beau posts from last season:

We've all had some misses on player projections so I won't attribute any names to the posts (except one).

At this point Beau is close to Comeau on a hockey IQ level

Nothing wrong with Beau but I don't see a 30-30 guy. More like a solid 3rd line guy

Trade him

Another Ryan strome, probably won't have to leave for Europe for a number of years like ho sang will very soon, but he is not really that good. As soon as he starts asking for his 3+ millions year he will be gone. aronjudge11

He’s not that good of a player, and he could be a very valuable piece in a trade. I’d much rather move him than Bellows, Dobson, Wilde, or Wahlstrom.

Really hope I eat crow on Beauvillier. I still do not see him as a top six player.

I don't think any of those were me. :thumbu:

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
At 19 years old this kid scored 21 goals (in 71 games) and gave 100% every night since coming into the league. Yet...Tons of people were on his s**t calling him a bust and useless.

I figure those were the same people who felt that snow just needed "a little more time."

God bless Beauvillier. I've loved him for years. He's the type of guy that will float under the radar, but is really helping you win in so many ways.

And...He hasn't come close to reaching and stabilizing his potential yet. I wish he had the Ladd contract because of what I think he will be when he's 25 (which is still 3 years away).

Reactions: The Real JT

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
At 19 years old this kid scored 21 goals (in 71 games) and gave 100% every night since coming into the league. Yet...Tons of people were on his s**t calling him a bust and useless.

I figure those were the same people who felt that snow just needed "a little more time."

God bless Beauvillier. I've loved him for years. He's the type of guy that will float under the radar, but is really helping you win in so many ways.

And...He hasn't come close to reaching and stabilizing his potential yet. I wish he had the Ladd contract because of what I think he will be when he's 25 (which is still 3 years away).

Hindsight is 20/20 but imagine if only Lou had better foresight and tried to extend him for a few years more this past summer.

If he continues to produce and excels further, he'll get a nice payday in 2022.

Good problem to have for the Isles I suppose.

Reactions: mm11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad