Player Discussion: Anthony Beauvillier

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
100% intentional. Beauvillier opens up his stick to push it back toward Komarov and looks for him behind him and then immediately turns to look to see if he got it.

Yup, there is no doubt in my mind it was a specific touch pass, and a brilliant one at that! I'm sure the old codger celebrated his goal in an indecipherable mumble of glee.

Reactions: Macch

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Yup, there is no doubt in my mind it was a specific touch pass, and a brilliant one at that! I'm sure the old codger celebrated his goal in an indecipherable mumble of glee.

He 1000% knew what he was doing. Head up and soft touch. Bravo AB

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
There is a time in a player's career where he has completely turned the corner for good... the Carolina series will be that moment for this chap

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'm willing to give him a little leash. He's from that 2015 NHL draft. He's actually done well from where he was drafted. The players around him have not done much better. He has talent, perhaps a break out year next season?

Reactions: dood

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I'm willing to give him a little leash. He's from that 2015 NHL draft. He's actually done well from where he was drafted. The players around him have not done much better. He has talent, perhaps a break out year next season?

In order for any breakout to happen he needs to gain a lot more strength on the puck. If the Isles could have him as the main piece in a deal for a stud such as Stone was rumored I would pull the trigger today.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
In order for any breakout to happen he needs to gain a lot more strength on the puck. If the Isles could have him as the main piece in a deal for a stud such as Stone was rumored I would pull the trigger today.

Isles need a top winger, preferably an experienced one that is around Stone's age. I have not been following Lee's negotiations, are they going well? I think that winger could be Wahlstrom. He had a promising AHL start abeit it was just a few games and playoffs. The Isles are in a very tricky situation this summer. They have cap space but they will have to allocate this to Pulock and Barzal next year. That's 15M potentially. Then Sorokin will also want atleast a good chunk of money to come over. Another 5M? To me it's just say it's a Panarin type winger or set Lee free. You can't have them all. Leafs are finding this out, you can't sign them all even if Dumbass said he could. The cap looks great now, but I have one eye on it. It's going to get a lot tighter next year.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Not sure what he did this offseason, but he looks like a different player this season.

He looks faster and more confident. The game has slowed down for him.

Unfortunately he has a terrible case of puck luck. I think he has 4 or 5 posts this season.

Keep it up Beau!!!

The Real JT

The slate is clean. LGI
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Where did all the Beau haters go?

While I wasn't ready to pencil him in for the top 6 after last year, I never understood the negativity on him. This is a kid who has outperformed at every level and was already a 20 goal NHL scorer at an early age.

There were many MDC fans that could not wait to package Beau with some picks in the off season. At the same time, they wanted to put MDC on the 1st line so that he had a "real chance".

How is that working out so far?

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Where did all the Beau haters go?

While I wasn't ready to pencil him in for the top 6 after last year, I never understood the negativity on him. This is a kid who has outperformed at every level and was already a 20 goal NHL scorer at an early age.

There were many MDC fans that could not wait to package Beau with some picks in the off season. At the same time, they wanted to put MDC on the 1st line so that he had a "real chance".

How is that working out so far?

C'mon. Don't be like that.

Everyone is wrong sometimes.

Let's just enjoy how well he is playing instead of stuffing crow into people's mouths

The Real JT

The slate is clean. LGI
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
C'mon. Don't be like that.

Everyone is wrong sometimes.

Let's just enjoy how well he is playing instead of stuffing crow into people's mouths

Just making conversation. That's what these boards are all about.

I'll admit, I was wrong on JHS but jumped ship on him last year.

I might have been wrong on some other things but I won't admit it.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
The thing with AB is that he has the drive, he has the hockey sense, and he has skill - the question was (and still is to a certain extent) whether he'd gain enough strength not to lose battles up and down the ice. What we're seeing so far is a big improvement, and - that's the thing - we could see even more. Because we all know that from the neck up he's where he needs to be, it's just a question of physical development.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
I wouldn't say that he's gotten stronger (maybe a bit, but nothing noticeable), but it seems to me that he is better using his speed and smarts to win board battles.

He's always been pretty good in open ice, but this year, he seems to be making better decisions, and quicker. Less afraid to shoot, maybe?

IDK, it's probably a few things, but I'm sure glad that he found 'it'.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I wouldn't say that he's gotten stronger (maybe a bit, but nothing noticeable), but it seems to me that he is better using his speed and smarts to win board battles.

He's always been pretty good in open ice, but this year, he seems to be making better decisions, and quicker. Less afraid to shoot, maybe?

IDK, it's probably a few things, but I'm sure glad that he found 'it'.

He's understanding how to win the battles, he's confident, and the game has slowed down for him. In previous seasons he'd be too eager to move the puck when he could hold onto it, deferring to someone else. It seems like he's realized he can actually make plays happen now and it taking it to the opposition instead of reacting to what they do. His tenacity on the walls has been great this season, not being knocked off the puck as easily.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Granted I’ve had limited viewings this season, but it appears that he’s starting to get the confidence to try 1-on-1 moves. Don’t know if that’s because he’s improved his strength and in his mind he feels like he can pull it off, but it’s a step in the right direction.

I think he ends up being a solid middle six guy who can play adequately in all three zones and chip in 45 points or so. I’m just not seeing the explosiveness that’s allowed someone like Marchard to explode statistically later in his career. Edit: Yet

Last edited:

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Looks a more complete player this season, but he seems just as streaky goalwise as normal. Off to a fast start then starting to hit posts instead of nets

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I never really understood why anyone would have wanted this kid gone. Quality youth(especially up front) is something we've lacked for a while and this is a kid who has proven capable of excelling in this league. One statistical down year in a new system doesn't negate that.

I'd personally love to see the Tito-Barzy duo reunited. I think they would compliment one another much more than Barzal and Lee.

For all the talk about how we need that star winger, we could potentially have our 1st line of the future in the organization already with Beauvillier-Barzal-Wahlstrom. Not to turn this into a Wahlstrom thread but this kid has impressed the hell out of me in a 4th line role. Playing physical, creating offense, looking dangerous from pretty much anywhere on the ice with that shot. Looking like a legitimate agitator at times which is awesome to see...can't wait to see him in a legit top-six role.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I never really understood why anyone would have wanted this kid gone. Quality youth(especially up front) is something we've lacked for a while and this is a kid who has proven capable of excelling in this league. One statistical down year in a new system doesn't negate that.

I'd personally love to see the Tito-Barzy duo reunited. I think they would compliment one another much more than Barzal and Lee.

For all the talk about how we need that star winger, we could potentially have our 1st line of the future in the organization already with Beauvillier-Barzal-Wahlstrom. Not to turn this into a Wahlstrom thread but this kid has impressed the hell out of me in a 4th line role. Playing physical, creating offense, looking dangerous from pretty much anywhere on the ice with that shot. Looking like a legitimate agitator at times which is awesome to see...can't wait to see him in a legit top-six role.
I still would trade Tito. Fine skater but I don’t think he has the shot accuracy to be a consistent 20 goal scorer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad