Player Discussion: Anthony Beauvillier

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
To me he was the worst player on the ice last night by far. Would love to see what MDC could offer for a game or two.
nope. he does lotsa little things that many people miss. didn't hurt us at all.

he played sheltered minutes, i agree, because he needs to toughen up, but he played as many minutes as Martin. unless you think Trotz is a bad coach? didn't see what was so obvious to you?

Trotz finished the game with his vets, which is totally understandable. Beau is learning hockey from Flip and Leo, which is a good thing.

any position on this team, can be upgraded. trust in Trotz...

Last edited:

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
To me he was the worst player on the ice last night by far. Would love to see what MDC could offer for a game or two.
He sucked last night. 3 steps behind the play all game.

Some people just look for the negatives whenever they can huh?

First ever playoff game. "HE SUCKED! BENCH HIM!... for a player that also never played a playoff game :help:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
They claim maintenance day as he is not out there. Wouldn’t surprise me if he sits regardless tomorrow

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
They claim maintenance day as he is not out there. Wouldn’t surprise me if he sits regardless tomorrow
he took a pretty good pop along the boards from someone (Bjugstad?)... knocked his helmet off. if he is injured, maybe we do see MDC?

BMOK... who took his place? thx

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

First ever playoff game. "HE SUCKED! BENCH HIM!... for a player that also never played a playoff game :help:

Classic take. Everyone up and down the roster should be noticeable (positively) in the game otherwise they didn't do anything and they suck!

Reactions: Instant

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015

Yes god forbid we discuss the players on a f***ing message board

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Classic take. Everyone up and down the roster should be noticeable (positively) in the game otherwise they didn't do anything and they suck!

Yep!!! and if MDC does get a chance to play and "sucks" they'll be calling for Beau again. Vicious circle.

Palfmeister

Oct 2, 2011
Beau screened the goalie on Leddys goal. Great play by him in front of the net. MDC shouldn't replace Beau in the lineup. Trotz picked the right crew for this one.

Reactions: dood

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Beau screened the goalie on Leddys goal. Great play by him in front of the net. MDC shouldn't replace Beau in the lineup. Trotz picked the right crew for this one.

TBH I think MDC makes more sense on the Flip/Komarov. More physical and responsible defensively IMO. More than capable of screening the net and maybe actually throwing a tip on the puck (not that it was needed on that shot).

That being said, Beau has about 200 NHL games on MDC - no way I see Trotz sitting Beau unless it's absolutely necessary

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
TBH I think MDC makes more sense on the Flip/Komarov. More physical and responsible defensively IMO. More than capable of screening the net and maybe actually throwing a tip on the puck (not that it was needed on that shot).

That being said, Beau has about 200 NHL games on MDC - no way I see Trotz sitting Beau unless it's absolutely necessary

Beau brings some speed to the Flip/Leo line. I actually like Beau on that line and thought he looked fine last night.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Beau also is a better scoring threat. Need some goals in this series.
I don’t think 1-0 or 2-1 is gonna cut it. Need 3 or more goals against this team or we will lose.

Last edited:

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here

I thought MDC's last game was his best as an NHL'er.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011

He sucked in the regular season games too, and he has played in plenty of those.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I have not been a fan of his game play at all this season, he was the biggest and possibly only disappointment this year... however he is going to score a lot of goals over the next few games, he is that anomaly player waiting to happen.

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Beau has talent but still has a lot work on his positioning and puck battles in his own zone. There are time he could not help get the pucks out of his own end along the boards and at time he left too soon without the pucks. I think if just focus a bit harder on the positioning and use his stick and speed to chip the puck out and then chase after it, he could have a more complete game.

MDC has the size advantage but still need to improve his speed so he can be more effective in the O zone. He just need to want the puck a bit more and play a bit more aggressive in the o zone and be a more receptive to the passes.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Beau has talent but still has a lot work on his positioning and puck battles in his own zone. There are time he could not help get the pucks out of his own end along the boards and at time he left too soon without the pucks. I think if just focus a bit harder on the positioning and use his stick and speed to chip the puck out and then chase after it, he could have a more complete game.

MDC has the size advantage but still need to improve his speed so he can be more effective in the O zone. He just need to want the puck a bit more and play a bit more aggressive in the o zone and be a more receptive to the passes.

As for playoff, you have to go with experience/intensity.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
MDC or Beau oh my. Say that 10 times fast and be happy that Andrew Ladd was not taking up any of the spots on the playoff roster. The speed of game #1 would have left him just spinning in circles and returning to the bench . He would have been good for a couple minor penalties and the outcome may have been different too.

LGI

Reactions: Keyserfrans

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Beau was fine weds. He is settling in as a grinder w goalscoring. Just needs to play w confidence and grit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad