Post-Game Talk: Another point!

Mantha Poodoo

Playoff Beard
Jun 5, 2008
Devils fan here, I really thought you guys were going to control more of the play than you did, especially with them missing Henrique and Zajac. I also thought given how the last few years have been for the team that Howard would have saved that breakaway like that haha.

Wings have always been a team I followed since a kid, so not here to talk ****.

I was more expecting the Wings to control the play and for Schneider to poop on them. Admittedly was not expecting the Wings to get dominated in possession/shooting by a wounded NJ.

And it wasn't even that NJ looked all that good. The Wings just looked disinterested in battling.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
I missed every single one of NJ's goals.

How did they look?

Screen, deflection, breakaway. The last one could've been played differently, but eh whatever. The Devils could've easily won this game in regulation with the amount of good chances they had.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Just FYI, but that was probably the worst OT we've played pace wise. We usually use 2 F and 1 D but with Zajac and Henrique out.. I think they changed things up.

Why we were dumping the puck in on a 3 on 3... I got no idea. That was horrible.. you guys deserved to win on that alone.

Great game by Howard though. And damn Tatar's shot..

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Yes and I am looking forward to your spreadsheet holding all the other players accountable for all the mistakes they made tonight. Trust me, it would be a *long* sheet.

Sure - Smith blew it on the breakaway, Ericsson gave up the blue line over and over, outlets got knocked down, passes didnt connect and everyone looked tired. Because they were. They played last night. Blash also put them into lead protection/ dump in mode which imo is a bad thing because this team doesn't ever really play well backing up. Howie still has to defend a breakaway better and stop long shots he sees. But again, all in all, one point on the second of two nights is always a good outcome.

Last edited:

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I wonder how many 3rd period collapses it'll take for Holland to address the defense. I'm guessing sixty billion since we'll make the playoffs.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Since the new division realignment, the Red Wings are 2nd in the NHL in OTL (loser points) with 35. There are 4 teams that dominate this stat, all in the East. Nashville has the 5th most OTLs at 27.

-Ottawa has 32 OTLs
-Philly has 34
-Detroit 35
- And the team with the most is ironically the Devils, with 36 OTLs.

Apparently the Wings are satisfied with only getting 1 point.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Howie still has to defend a breakaway better and stop long shots he sees.

I don't think he saw that shot from the point until it was going by him. You could tell by his reaction. He was still looking ahead trying to track it through the screen, when it flew by his shoulder. The effort on the breakaway goal was ... yeah not so great.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Since the new division realignment, the Red Wings are 2nd in the NHL in OTL (loser points) with 35. There are 4 teams that dominate this stat, all in the East. Nashville has the 5th most OTLs at 27.

-Ottawa has 32 OTLs
-Philly has 34
-Detroit 35
- And the team with the most is ironically the Devils, with 36 OTLs.

Apparently the Wings are satisfied with only getting 1 point.

Lol so sad I blame the dfence

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Sure - Smith blew it on the breakaway, Ericsson gave up the blue line over and over, outlets got knocked down, passes didnt connect and everyone looked tired. Because they were. They played last night. Blash also put them into lead protection/ dump in mode which imo is a bad thing because this team doesn't ever really played well backing up. Howie still has to defend a breakaway better and stop long shots he sees. But again, all in all, one point on the second of two nights is always a good outcome.

I don't even like Howard, I always thought he's the kinda goalie who's OK 90% of the time but gets wobbly too often at inopportune times. Not good for your nerves or the stability of the team.

But when you concede 40 ish shots you probably don't wanna talk about the goalie even if he didn't look perfect on their goals (and it's not like they scored 5 or 6).

The team played tired and they got their excuses lined up but it's not like NJ isn't a banged up team and wouldn't have excuses for losing the game. Let's face it, it was a crap effort and I'll save my anti-Howard tirades for games which we played well enough to win but lost on him giving up a few softies. Not the case today.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Way to hold onto that 2-0 lead boys. lol It's so damn predictable at this point. ****in clowns out there. And how does NJ get 38 shots when they're last in shots for??

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
The team peaked before the Washington game

2x outshot by Washington and New Jersey
Played alright against montreal

But maybe it's just a fluke and they get 35 shots next game

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Haters gonna hate. I called this in the afternoon. I could tell in the first period team was gassed to all hell. Completely on E. Not surprised at all. Got that point though...

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I don't even like Howard, I always thought he's the kinda goalie who's OK 90% of the time but gets wobbly too often at inopportune times. Not good for your nerves or the stability of the team.

But when you concede 40 ish shots you probably don't wanna talk about the goalie even if he didn't look perfect on their goals (and it's not like they scored 5 or 6).

The team played tired and they got their excuses lined up but it's not like NJ isn't a banged up team and wouldn't have excuses for losing the game. Let's face it, it was a crap effort and I'll save my anti-Howard tirades for games which we played well enough to win but lost on him giving up a few softies. Not the case today.

I guess we have different tirade standards. I don't care that much if we play well enough to win. I just care if we score enough to win. Squandering leads is for *****!

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Haters gonna hate. I called this in the afternoon. I could tell in the first period team was gassed to all hell. Completely on E. Not surprised at all. Got that point though...

Ericsson? I didn't think he did anything

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Sure - Smith blew it on the breakaway, Ericsson gave up the blue line over and over, outlets got knocked down, passes didnt connect and everyone looked tired. Because they were. They played last night. Blash also put them into lead protection/ dump in mode which imo is a bad thing because this team doesn't ever really play well backing up. Howie still has to defend a breakaway better and stop long shots he sees. But again, all in all, one point on the second of two nights is always a good outcome.

Not when you had the lead. If you came back from being down that's different.

Aug 6, 2012
Tough loss but can't win them all. Jimmy played great, puck was bouncing all over the place. Move on to the next one. Just continue the process.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad