Post-Game Talk: Another point!

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Tune in next game, where your Detroit Red Wings will blow yet another 3rd period lead, but don't worry, they will get an OT loser point! Once again, OTLing their way to the playoffs. :shakehead

Unacceptable 3rd period yet again, same old, same old.

This Datsyuk line needs to be changed right away. How is Datsyuk supposed to produce with scrubs as his linemates?

Because Tats, Nyquist, and Sheahan have been awesome together.

PuckDynasty

May 3, 2014
So many mixed feelings with this "streak". Giving up a 2 goal lead is going to happen on occasion. But to NJ? They were totally playing for the shootout knowing Jimmy's history. Who wins a 3 on 3 playing 2 D the entire time?

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Why talk about Howard when they allowed a breakaway to a team that didn't even really want to score...

Because it really was that bad. He made some great stops, but he also did see the tying goal too and just missed it. He was hit after the puck was past him. If you see it you gotta stop it.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
All I can think about is NJ's overtime philosophy. Hilarious that it's that organization that plays that passive. Seriously, who in the world dumps the puck in to make a change in 3-on-3? It really pisses me off that they're 5-1 now in OT. I wish they were 0-6.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Massively outshot, yet people still blame Howard...

Jimmy played good. The boys were gassed in the 3rd and hung him out to dry. And then there's 3 on 3, which is a coin toss essentially.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Because Tats, Nyquist, and Sheahan have been awesome together.

So we should handcuff our "best" player (I still consider him to be our best player) because other players are playing well together? I hate how Zetterberg always gets the better Wingers, better PP units, better everything. Brad Richards is done, and Darren Helm is nothing more than a great 3rd line player, with limited offense. Playing Datsyuk with them is dumb.

Arytonblue

Oct 30, 2015
I know Mrazek's been fairly average recently but there's just something about Howard that you just can't trust him to get the W in a tight game even when he plays well, his awfulness on breakaways and shootout certainly don't help once regulation ends.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Howard wasn't perfect, sure, but overall it's not the sort of game where your first post in the post-game thread should be about the goalie. The Wings allowed what 40 shots to *New Jersey* and a weakened New Jersey at that and got clowned on a breakaway in OT by a team dumping the puck in 3v3.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Looked like nj was playing for a shootout there cus they know we are terrible at it. Bad break, I'll take the point

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Massively outshot, yet people still blame Howard...

Jimmy played good. The boys were gassed in the 3rd and hung him out to dry. And then there's 3 on 3, which is a coin toss essentially.

I don't blame Howard for loss. He bailed us out plenty tonight, but then he lays eggs. He is entirely frustrating, and I don't see anything wrong with holding him accountable for making saves he should make.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
So many mixed feelings with this "streak". Giving up a 2 goal lead is going to happen on occasion. But to NJ? They were totally playing for the shootout knowing Jimmy's history. Who wins a 3 on 3 playing 2 D the entire time?

David Putty voice: THE DEVILS!

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I know Mrazek's been fairly average recently but there's just something about Howard that you just can't trust him to get the W in a tight game even when he plays well, his awfulness on breakaways and shootout certainly don't help once regulation ends.

Mrazek makes me nervous anytime the puck is near him. Howard has been better but that OT goal was a joke. NJ probably lulled him to sleep.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
So we should handcuff our "best" player (I still consider him to be our best player) because other players are playing well together? I hate how Zetterberg always gets the better Wingers, better PP units, better everything. Brad Richards is done, and Darren Helm is nothing more than a great 3rd line player, with limited offense. Playing Datsyuk with them is dumb.

I'm going to say it... he hasn't been our "best" player this year.

Sorry.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I don't blame Howard for loss. He bailed us out plenty tonight, but then he lays eggs. He is entirely frustrating, and I don't see anything wrong with holding him accountable for making saves he should make.

Yes and I am looking forward to your spreadsheet holding all the other players accountable for all the mistakes they made tonight. Trust me, it would be a *long* sheet.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

Howard never won anything as a kid. That's why he's not clutch

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Mrazek makes me nervous anytime the puck is near him. Howard has been better but that OT goal was a joke. NJ probably lulled him to sleep.

You're more scared of mrazek playing the puck then Howard? It's official you hate mrazek lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad