GDT: Another One? Devils @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
That's great. Like I said, if you want this team to come out of this hole and back to being respectable, you play Schneider.

I ****ing hate this board sometimes lol

You ever think that overuse might be a problem and that maybe the team should sit him instead so he can rest and instead of doing more damage to it by letting him play and letting him work out his problems on the ice?

So far Schneider has been a big problem why this team is such an embarrassment and playing like ****.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
didn't someone say the team is giving up EIGHT more scoring chances per game on average?

Schneider has NOT been his normal self this year, but I am not ready to blame anything regarding this season on hi,

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
You ever think that overuse might be a problem and that maybe the team should sit him instead so he can rest and instead of doing more damage to it by letting him play and letting him work out his problems on the ice?

So far Schneider has been a big problem why this team is such an embarrassment and playing like ****.

He's started 22 of our 30 games so far, he's had much heavier work loads in the past and been fine. He had nearly the same percentage of games played last season despite being injured for a decent stretch. So no, fatigue is not a concern for me.

I didn't dispute Schneider's play hasn't helped us. I'm saying that if he can return to form, then that's a massive step in the right direction for this team. I'd rather bank on that then Kinkaid keeping up his play.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
He's started 22 of our 30 games so far, he's had much heavier work loads in the past and been fine. He had nearly the same percentage of games played last season despite being injured for a decent stretch. So no, fatigue is not a concern for me.

I didn't dispute Schneider's play hasn't helped us. I'm saying that if he can return to form, then that's a massive step in the right direction for this team. I'd rather bank on that then Kinkaid keeping up his play.

Rest couldn't hurt him.

So let me get this straight, you have an issue with using Kinkaid for a few game stretch over Schneider because you have zero faith in him even though he has played better than Schneider? Yet you have faith in Schneider who has flat out sucked the last month?

So what happens if Schneider can't get it together for another month or so? Just keep going with him and dragging the team into a deeper hole?

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
latest

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
The Rangers are doing far better as a team though, and can afford to sit their starter for a few games. We kind of need Cory to go into God mode right now.

Yea, we have been saying this for the last month. He hasn't shown any indication of being able to do that right now.

This team can't afford to keep starting an ice cold goalie that can't stop the puck and just hope it will correct himself.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
lol, Schneider has the best save percentage in NHL history. Of course I have more faith in him than I do in a career journeyman.

Selective memory allows you guys to conveniently forget the goals Kinkaid has allowed where he was grossly out of position or got a piece of but could have saved, while ignoring Cory's strong play in the first month that allowed us to steal points in OT games we had no business being in.

GOOD PLAYER vs BAD PLAYER CURRENTLY DOING BETTER THAN EXPECTED BUT IT WON'T LAST. These are very different things.

BAD PLAYER vs GOOD PLAYER CURRENTLY DOING WORSE THAN EXPECTED BUT IT WON'T LAST. These are very different things.

Don't be dense. These are the kinds of minds that let Andrew Hammond and Thomas Greiss have careers because they put up superficially nice stats for short periods of time, and the boxscore warriors are ready to ignore YEARS of a body of work to go with the shiny new toy.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Yea, we have been saying this for the last month. He hasn't shown any indication of being able to do that right now.

This team can't afford to keep starting an ice cold goalie that can't stop the puck and just hope it will correct himself.

If we had Dominik Hasek as the backup, I would agree.

Keith Kinkaid is JAG. He is nothing special. I would rather play Schneider and see if he can work out his kinks than play Kinkaid when you know he is what he is.

Especially since most of you guys already are whining that the season is over (and yes, we are getting close to that being the case unless we start stringing together some wins), why wouldnt you want Cory to play to TRY and gain some confidence back?

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Well at least Hynes is smartening up with Gazdic, DSP, and Josefson out of the lineup.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
If we had Dominik Hasek as the backup, I would agree.

Keith Kinkaid is JAG. He is nothing special. I would rather play Schneider and see if he can work out his kinks than play Kinkaid when you know he is what he is.

Especially since most of you guys already are whining that the season is over (and yes, we are getting close to that being the case unless we start stringing together some wins), why wouldnt you want Cory to play to TRY and gain some confidence back?

Yea, because we need a hall of fame goalie to step in for 3-4 games to give Schneider some rest to get his head on straight.

There is no negative to allowing Kinkaid to start over Schneider for a few games.

You know what man spare me the BS with complaining about us "whining" for saying the season is over. This team sucks, the defensive system is nonexistent and our star goalie is playing like absolute ****. And the Devils are in the toughest division in hockey, if you think this season is not over, you are kidding yourself.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
lol, Schneider has the best save percentage in NHL history. Of course I have more faith in him than I do in a career journeyman.

Selective memory allows you guys to conveniently forget the goals Kinkaid has allowed where he was grossly out of position or got a piece of but could have saved, while ignoring Cory's strong play in the first month that allowed us to steal points in OT games we had no business being in.

GOOD PLAYER vs BAD PLAYER CURRENTLY DOING BETTER THAN EXPECTED BUT IT WON'T LAST. These are very different things.

BAD PLAYER vs GOOD PLAYER CURRENTLY DOING WORSE THAN EXPECTED BUT IT WON'T LAST. These are very different things.

Don't be dense. These are the kinds of minds that let Andrew Hammond and Thomas Greiss have careers because they put up superficially nice stats for short periods of time, and the boxscore warriors are ready to ignore YEARS of a body of work to go with the shiny new toy.

You want to talk about Cory's strong play in the beginning of the season, while ignoring his **** play now. You think we are saying make Kinkaid the starter for the rest of the season? No, just let him start a few game stretch over Schneider to give him some rest and get his head right. Especially if he gets lit up tonight, which I have no doubt will happen.

MissMyDevs*

Mar 14, 2016
ya Keith Kinkaid is soooo gud

It's not that he's so much better than Cory but Cory is "supposed" to be one of the best in the league and he's just not, so it hurts more when he loses and gives up goal after goal over his right shoulder and his 5 hole

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
It's not that he's so much better than Cory but Cory is "supposed" to be one of the best in the league and he's just not, so it hurts more when he loses and gives up goal after goal over his right shoulder and his 5 hole

yes, and he still is one of the best in the league. One bad month while playing behind a terribad defense isn't going to change my opinion on that.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
That's not the point...the break helped Lundqvist find his game again.

I'm sure it did, that's also a very different situation (aside from Kinkaid not playing well as Raanta). The Rangers were what, a 1st/2nd place team at the time? They were riding a very hot hand and winning nearly every night. We'd be riding a warm hand who's, while still a little better than Schneider, lost nearly every single game during this stretch.

Rest couldn't hurt him.

So let me get this straight, you have an issue with using Kinkaid for a few game stretch over Schneider because you have zero faith in him even though he has played better than Schneider? Yet you have faith in Schneider who has flat out sucked the last month?

So what happens if Schneider can't get it together for another month or so? Just keep going with him and dragging the team into a deeper hole?

Rest might not hurt, but it could. Schneider is a starting goalie, he wants to play every game and to an extent needs to to keep his rhythm up - or in this case, find it.

Stop putting words in my mouth holy ****. I said I'd sooner bet on Schneider finding his game than Kinkaid keeping up his. Schneider has been fantastic throughout his career, this little slump isn't wavering my faith.

Whatever, this is over. Enjoy watching Schneider tonight. I will.

MissMyDevs*

Mar 14, 2016
yes, and he still is one of the best in the league. One bad month while playing behind a terribad defense isn't going to change my opinion on that.

Agreed. Defense is the worst ever, but for him not to steal a single game during this stretch is pretty disheartening considering how much they signed him for. But who knows maybe with a decent defense one day he returns to form. Not happening this year

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I actually can't believe we're discussing Schneider v. Kinkaid here. And I've been one of Kinkaid's biggest supporters for a while.

The losing has gotten to some people.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
I'm sure it did, that's also a very different situation (aside from Kinkaid not playing well as Raanta). The Rangers were what, a 1st/2nd place team at the time? They were riding a very hot hand and winning nearly every night. We'd be riding a warm hand who's, while still a little better than Schneider, lost nearly every single game during this stretch.

Rest might not hurt, but it could. Schneider is a starting goalie, he wants to play every game and to an extent needs to to keep his rhythm up - or in this case, find it.

Stop putting words in my mouth holy ****. I said I'd sooner bet on Schneider finding his game than Kinkaid keeping up his. Schneider has been fantastic throughout his career, this little slump isn't wavering my faith.

Whatever, this is over. Enjoy watching Schneider tonight. I will.

While Kinkaid has lost during this stretch as well, he still has a better save percentage on the season.

This isn't a little slump. A little slump is a few games, not a month long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad