post-36506-yeah-well-work-on-it-gif-Slap-1XO0.gif

For some, Hynes Deadpool Watch has Begun

raw

LGD

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
The Rangers aren't the Senators, but hopefully they can build off the way they played defensively last night. Step in the right direction even though it was ridiculously low event hockey, but I'd prefer that to high event hockey in our own zone and low event elsewhere.

I would try to find a way to insert one of Parenteau or Bennett tonight, preferably by taking Gazdic out.

Hall - Zajac - Bennett
Wood - Henrique - Palmieri
Cammalleri - Josefson - Lappin
Kalinin - Fiddler - DSP

That would be my line-up for tonight.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Haha I've just been letting Police video's play on youtube since I looked up Message In A Bottle. I haven't seen some of these in an eternity. Jon Merrill looks somewhat like young Stewart Copeland, especially with that current hair that he's got going on.:laugh:

Do we have to play

I'd rather forfeit than get blown outta there again.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
The Rangers aren't the Senators, but hopefully they can build off the way they played defensively last night. Step in the right direction even though it was ridiculously low event hockey, but I'd prefer that to high event hockey in our own zone and low event elsewhere.

I would try to find a way to insert one of Parenteau or Bennett tonight, preferably by taking Gazdic out.

Hall - Zajac - Bennett
Kalinin - Fiddler - DSP

gaza in for dsp

bash someones face in could be good entertainment

eddie shore…. old time hockey

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Hall - Zajac - Bennett
Kalinin - Fiddler - DSP

Do you remember who Josefson and Cammalleri played with on Carolina on the night Cammalleri scored the hat trick?

I don't recall who the RW wing was on that line, or was Josefson playing RW and someone else centering? I recall Josefson playing RW at one point.

They looked good, if not just for that one game. It's worth another try. I believe it was Bennett.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bennett should really be in, same with PAP because we really don't have anyone better.

He's still on pace for 32 points this year. Bennett is on pace for 24 but it could easily be higher if he had 3 or 4 goals. Then we got Kalinin on pace for 4 points and Josefson pace for 12. Zacha is on pace for 23. Not good for a 3rd liner at all but certainly better some of these alternatives. DSP is on pace for 18, that's like Josefson in a good year. But DSP has been played on the 4th line more than Josefson (when he's in) and has had some poor and unstable linemates for the most part. Him Beau Bennett playing with Kalinin was like a death sentence for those two. None of them can score a goal right now if they had an empty net in super score-o.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
The Devils have a total of five out of a possible sixteen points so far this December, according to my math, and all of those points were earned in our first three games this month. Since then we've been on a five game losing streak. A happy holiday present from Hynes and the team. :gift::x):

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The Devils have a total of five out of a possible sixteen points so far this December, according to my math, and all of those points were earned in our first three games this month. Since then we've been on a five game losing streak. A happy holiday present from Hynes and the team. :gift::x):

In our last 15 games, only 8 out of a possible 30 points were attained.:amazed:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Do you remember who Josefson and Cammalleri played with on Carolina on the night Cammalleri scored the hat trick?

I don't recall who the RW wing was on that line, or was Josefson playing RW and someone else centering? I recall Josefson playing RW at one point.

They looked good, if not just for that one game. It's worth another try. I believe it was Bennett.

It was Bennett.

It's tough figuring out what to do with Cammalleri. Him and Hall don't seem to mesh well together. They've played well at times, but that's when they were put out there on the spot or when we were pressing trying to score goals. Wood seems to get Henrique-Palmieri moving as well so I would rather keep him there.

Then you're left with Cammalleri on the third line centered by Kalinin, JJ, or Zacha. Kalinin would be a black hole offensively and Zacha hasn't been trustworthy defensively of late. Josefson isn't much better than Kalinin, but I think he could create enough of a transition game for Cammalleri to get chances. Lappin will go to all the dirty areas for those two as well.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Bennett should really be in, same with PAP because we really don't have anyone better.

He's still on pace for 32 points this year. Bennett is on pace for 24 but it could easily be higher if he had 3 or 4 goals. Then we got Kalinin on pace for 4 points and Josefson pace for 12. Zacha is on pace for 23. Not good for a 3rd liner at all but certainly better some of these alternatives. DSP is on pace for 18, that's like Josefson in a good year. But DSP has been played on the 4th line more than Josefson (when he's in) and has had some poor and unstable linemates for the most part. Him Beau Bennett playing with Kalinin was like a death sentence for those two. None of them can score a goal right now if they had an empty net in super score-o.

Those guys aren't good defensively.

Bennett plays like it's open hockey which puts pressure on us defensively at times and Parenteau doesn't skate well enough and isn't physical enough to be good defensively.

I'd like to see them phased in, but it's more important to get back to that defensive structure first before we do. I don't think we'd be able to do that with them in the line-up. Hopefully, it'll also motivate them to be smarter with their decision making and play a more honest game when they return.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
What was the longest losing streak under Debeor or the triple heads?

Longest (including OT losses) was 10 games at the end of the 2013 season.

Currently we are at 5 games and had;

1 other 5gm or more losing streak in 2013
1 in 13-14
2 in 14-15

7 was the second longest between 2013-2015, and the others were either 5 or 6 games so this years team is entering pretty bad company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad