GDT: Another One? Devils @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Not like he even gets a fair shot. He plays on his off side, why not play him at RW before scratching him.

They really don't do much. I like Lappin in a 4th line role, but other than him nobody in the bottom six that was dressed yesterday is any good. I like Bennett as well, would like to see him get a chance at RW.

Bennett plays both sides and I believe his preference is LW anyways.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I was preparing a Billy Joel themed GDT, complete with some new lyrics on one of this songs and a few photo-shops but I can save that for the next game lol

MissMyDevs*

Mar 14, 2016
One of the best team in the league versus the worst and the score will prove it once again. Feel sorry for any Devils fans attending the game.
Last time I went to MSG for a Devils Rangers game the Devils were playing almost as poor, although I still believe this is the worst stretch in their franchise history, and it was a nightmare. The fans there are complete pieces of ****

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One of the best team in the league versus the worst and the score will prove it once again. Feel sorry for any Devils fans attending the game.
Last time I went to MSG for a Devils Rangers game the Devils were playing almost as poor, although I still believe this is the worst stretch in their franchise history, and it was a nightmare. The fans there are complete pieces of ****
Ummm, there were worst stretches between 82 and 87 and perhaps earlier if you count the Colorado and Kansas City days.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Ummm, there were worst stretches between 82 and 87 and perhaps earlier if you count the Colorado and Kansas City days.

Giving up 59 goals in 14 games is just as bad (if not worse) as anything that was seen back in those days.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Not like he even gets a fair shot. He plays on his off side, why not play him at RW before scratching him.

Eh I actually think it's far less important for forwards to be in their correct side than defensemen. Forwards you can at least get the one-timers off from the off side, that's why the KHL All-Star preferred playing on the left when we kept shoehorning him on the right.

Giving up 59 goals in 14 games is just as bad (if not worse) as anything that was seen back in those days.

I'm fairly certain I can find some stretch in the '80's where they gave up more goals than that, key phrase being in the '80's when goalscoring across the board was goosed.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

I guarantee I can find at least 10 worse stretches in those days. The Devils' goalies routinely had GAAs above 4 for a season.

DevilWithin

Feb 24, 2015
New Jersey
Its ok people the Devils will find their form at some point this season...but it will probably be too late. Let's make the best out of this situation and look at the positives of how well Wood and Lappin are playing, the new acquisition of Hall providing that extra sparkle of chances. It is obvious an ultimatum should be made to players like Smith-Pelly, Kalinin, and Josefson. It hurts to see the team like this now, but it will get good at some point.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Turned down free seats to this game (and they were really good seats). Not work the train ticket for the lirr.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Eh I actually think it's far less important for forwards to be in their correct side than defensemen. Forwards you can at least get the one-timers off from the off side, that's why the KHL All-Star preferred playing on the left when we kept shoehorning him on the right.

I'm fairly certain I can find some stretch in the '80's where they gave up more goals than that, key phrase being in the '80's when goalscoring across the board was goosed.

It might have less of an impact but it still has one. Kovalchuk is a special player, there is a reason why most RH players play RW and same with lefties.

mike30

Jul 17, 2014
New York
Chris Ryan ‏@ChrisRyan_NJ 46s46 seconds ago
Cory Schneider starting goalie for the Devils vs. NYR. Zacha, Parenteu, Bennett in. Gazdic, DSP, Josefson out

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Currently playing better than Schneider haha.

Stop this nonsense.

If we have any hope of getting out of this slump we need Schneider to get back to his regular self. I know this, you know this, we all know this. He isn't sitting for Keith Kinkaid. Jesus.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Stop this nonsense.

If we have any hope of getting out of this slump we need Schneider to get back to his regular self. I know this, you know this, we all know this. He isn't sitting for Keith Kinkaid. Jesus.

No, you stop putting words into people's mouths. I didn't say sit him for Kinkaid. I am merely pointing out that Kinkaid has played better than Schneider this year, hell, 90% of the goalies in the league have played better than him.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Stop this nonsense.

I wouldn't find anything wrong with sitting him for a week. Look how well it worked for the Rangers and Lundqvist when he was struggling, and not even as bad as Cory now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad