Post-Game Talk: Another craptacular display: Sens 5-2 win

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I mean we generate shots with Pete's system but they aren't quality.. I don't know, it's the same system that was money in the playoffs 2 years ago so how could it somehow be outdated? I think our team is too slow for it to be effective and I guess we really can't replace Kovy/Parise with a more balanced team

Again, hard for me to knock the guy and system when I loved it just 2 years ago, but it really doesn't seem to work anymore without at least one of Kovy or Parise

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Devils defenseless Defense

Zidlicky 24:22, -2, A
Greene 23:32, -2
Salvador 19:32, -1
Harrold 16:56, -1
Voldemort 15:37, -1
Larsson 14:19, -1

you are obsessed with plus minus whats your point? the goalie was terrible tonight they maybe gave up 2 or 3 quality chances all night...stop quoting your stupid statistics

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Loktionov finished 0W, 8L on the faceoff dot.

That's quite an accomplishment, losing 8 faceoffs in a row.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
the Rock is gonna be dead on Saturday. I wont even disagree with a Rags invasion

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Other than the penalty I thought Tedenby was fine. Those 3 goals he was on for were unlucky. The first was battling on the boards but the puck got to the point, second Larsson got undressed and third he was on the forecheck but since the Senators have this thing called speed he wasn't in the zone when Michalek scored from basically the blue line. Anyone hanging their hat on how terrible defensively he is didn't watch the game.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
h2A831C37

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
you are obsessed with plus minus whats your point? the goalie was terrible tonight they maybe gave up 2 or 3 quality chances all night...stop quoting your stupid statistics

The quality ones are the ones Marty stopped which amazes me...aside from the Zack Smith goal ( can't fault him ) the goals he let in were just prutrid.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I thought Marty played well against the Isles.

not really he made a few really good saves but gave up some bad goals... it was prob his best game but was an average game at that...this team is average they need great goaltending to compete...not bad goaltending it's whay we are winless

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Did anyone else think it could have been a good idea to bench Marty after the 2nd goal? Or was it pretty much already over for us.
Pete has no balls anymore. Last time Pete pulled him, Marty went to the media and acted like he shouldn't have been pulled. Since then he hasn't been pulled since.
We would be 3-3-1 right now if it wasn't for Marty.

He cost us this game and the Islanders one IMO. I don't give a **** that he stopped two breakaways in that Islanders game.

Jossipov

Patty's Better
Oct 7, 2010
Bronx, NY
We played horrible in Van he gave us a chance to win.

We were horrible in WPG he gave us a chance to win.

We had leads in most the games Marty's played...3 of them....BLEW THEM ALL.

I know part of that is on the D but I'm starting to see a trend.

Blew a 2-0 lead

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Yeah the only guy on the defense that really deserved a minus was Volch was screening Marty on the first goal, and whoever broke down on the third goal.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

I've posted the Devils' defense's TOI and +/- after every game this year, win or lose.

Except they've all been losses, so........ just lose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad