Post-Game Talk: Another craptacular display: Sens 5-2 win

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I mean we generate shots with Pete's system but they aren't quality.. I don't know, it's the same system that was money in the playoffs 2 years ago so how could it somehow be outdated? I think our team is too slow for it to be effective and I guess we really can't replace Kovy/Parise with a more balanced team

Again, hard for me to knock the guy and system when I loved it just 2 years ago, but it really doesn't seem to work anymore without at least one of Kovy or Parise

well i think the system is still ok but you gotta have the horses and it still goes back to goaltending

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
or sit Gionta for Josefson, one good pass does not make Gionta the better player than Loktionov.

Gionta had a GREAT game that line did everything you want a 4th line to do created havoc and potted some offense. Did I hear Lokti's name all night...don't think so.

MountainGoat

I mean we generate shots with Pete's system but they aren't quality.. I don't know, it's the same system that was money in the playoffs 2 years ago so how could it somehow be outdated? I think our team is too slow for it to be effective and I guess we really can't replace Kovy/Parise with a more balanced team

Again, hard for me to knock the guy and system when I loved it just 2 years ago, but it really doesn't seem to work anymore without at least one of Kovy or Parise

"it's the same system that was money in the playoffs 2 years ago so how could it somehow be outdated?"

you answered your own question "I think our team is too slow for it to be effective and I guess we really can't replace Kovy/Parise"

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
guys, we're getting closer, its just about finding a way to win

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Also, while Brodeur wasnt good, the Senators had more than 2 or 3 scoring chances, lol.

2 of the Sens goals were softies on Marty.
1 was a fluke unstoppable shot
1 was a nice shot/partial screen

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I can't blame Marty since he's trying and Pete is calling his number.

Blame goes on Conte, Lou and Pete for this mess.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Gionta had a GREAT game that line did everything you want a 4th line to do created havoc and potted some offense. Did I hear Lokti's name all night...don't think so.

Gionta CANT score. It's literally impossible so when he gets a wide open chance id rather him just pass to someone else so it stops making me so mad I pull my hair out.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Blew a 2-0 lead

Will you stop defending Marty? It's not even an opinion at this point. The 3 goals Schneider let in against Vancouver were not softies. Marty let in 2, possibly 3 softies tonight. PERIOD.

This is one of the worst games I've ever seen him play. I've seen him let in 2 softies in a game, but not 3.

Marty has been absolutely PUTRID this year, just garbage. Worst goalie in the league possibly.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I don't care, I'm having my own gif party.

FGmotorcycle.gif

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm finally on board with you. He COST us this game tonight. Plain and simple. If he's in on Saturday then heads should roll. Pete will probably play him cause he knows Marty loves to have the Rangers. He needs to grow a set of balls though.

Marty should have been pulled after goal 2. Deboer did it before. It seems every since Marty went to the media and complained about being pulled the last time, Pete doesn't have the balls to pull him anymore. Grow a pair Petey. Marty deserves a Kevin Weekes workload or 05-07 Clemmensen workload from here on out. He's been BRUTAL this season.

Come on they have been rotating. You know Cory is playing Saturday. There is no goalie controversy despite you thinking one will happen.

Tonight was on Marty so Cory goes Saturday and the team needs to put an effort in front of him.

Elias2626

Aug 1, 2013
There are good players on this team in their own individual respects, and there are some who have had great NHL careers but are way passed their prime. It is pretty sad when our best forward is 42 years old (Jagr).

I think this team is poorly assembled, and as much as I don't want to say it given the cup run he gave us, poorly coached. I will cut Lamoriello a little slack because Kovalchuk screwed us over big time, but there are three too many bad contracts on this team (i.e. Zajac, Clowe, Salvador, Volchenkov, Zubrus). Ryder and Clowe are good players, but I'm not sure they are what the Devils were looking for exactly.

If I was to start this team over, there aren't many current Devils that I would keep. Another thing: Larsson, Loktionov, Tedenby, Josefson, and Fayne should be playing EVERY NIGHT. And Gelinas and Merrill should definitely be seeing some time. Sure, Gionta and Carter work hard, but they are dead end players and DeBoer is still living in the past and playing them for the work they did in the 2012 playoffs.

As much as Lou won't like to do it, the Devils need to rebuild. Get rid of the bad contracts in anyway possible (besides Zajac), and start fresh. Resign Schneider, give time to the young players, start fresh. Thats how every good team is built. The Devils of old were assembled that way, albeit two decades ago. Look at Pittsburgh. Look at Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles, Toronto. They all do it. With Brodeur and Elias on the way out, the Devils have to do it too. Build around Schneider and Larsson. Build around (and give playing time to) Zajac, Henrique, Tedenby, Josefson, Fayne, Gelinas, Merrill. Its time, and it may involve some sucking, but at least it will be young, exciting sucking that will eventually lead to a better future. Do it Lou.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
debeor accepting the loss as a stepping stone...great pd i know it's just words but for Christ sakes... losing isn't a culture

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Wow, we're actually AHEAD of the Flyers?! What a craptastic division.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pete sounded like he wanted to critique Marty in the post game, but stopped himself. Said it would be too easy to blame the goalie.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad