Post-Game Talk: Another craptacular display: Sens 5-2 win

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Hey guys, just popped in to say "good game" all around.

You guys played us hard, I'm still trying to figure out why your record is the way it is. Just bad puck-luck?

That was a game where one bounce could have made all the difference. Also, Schneider needs to be your 50-game guy this year, not Marty... though I don't think I'm saying anything that you all haven't already unanimously agreed on.

Good luck in the Metro this year!

Jossipov

Patty's Better
Oct 7, 2010
Bronx, NY
Will you stop defending Marty? It's not even an opinion at this point. The 3 goals Schneider let in against Vancouver were not softies. Marty let in 2, possibly 3 softies tonight. PERIOD.

This is one of the worst games I've ever seen him play. I've seen him let in 2 softies in a game, but not 3.

Only if you stop acting like he's the reason we are winless.
Cory's played 3 games too...and losing is by far a team effort especially when you score 13 goals in 7 games, and your defense is pathetic.

All the whining in the world isnt going to change the fact that in 2013 you can not win games by trying to ride goalies. Again, as the Sabers

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
There are good players on this team in their own individual respects, and there are some who have had great NHL careers but are way passed their prime. It is pretty sad when our best forward is 42 years old (Jagr).

I think this team is poorly assembled, and as much as I don't want to say it given the cup run he gave us, poorly coached. I will cut Lamoriello a little slack because Kovalchuk screwed us over big time, but there are three too many bad contracts on this team (i.e. Zajac, Clowe, Salvador, Volchenkov, Zubrus). Ryder and Clowe are good players, but I'm not sure they are what the Devils were looking for exactly.

If I was to start this team over, there aren't many current Devils that I would keep. Another thing: Larsson, Loktionov, Tedenby, Josefson, and Fayne should be playing EVERY NIGHT. And Gelinas and Merrill should definitely be seeing some time. Sure, Gionta and Carter work hard, but they are dead end players and DeBoer is still living in the past and playing them for the work they did in the 2012 playoffs.

As much as Lou won't like to do it, the Devils need to rebuild. Get rid of the bad contracts in anyway possible (besides Zajac), and start fresh. Resign Schneider, give time to the young players, start fresh. Thats how every good team is built. The Devils of old were assembled that way, albeit two decades ago. Look at Pittsburgh. Look at Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles, Toronto. They all do it. With Brodeur and Elias on the way out, the Devils have to do it too. Build around Schneider and Larsson. Build around (and give playing time to) Zajac, Henrique, Tedenby, Josefson, Fayne, Gelinas, Merrill. Its time, and it may involve some sucking, but at least it will be young, exciting sucking that will eventually lead to a better future. Do it Lou.

well said and agreed

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Come on they have been rotating. You know Cory is playing Saturday. There is no goalie controversy despite you thinking one will happen.

Tonight was on Marty so Cory goes Saturday and the team needs to put an effort in front of him.

I know you love Marty and I do too, but if Marty was pulled in the 1st, we probably get a point in this game.

We only scored 2 goals, but Marty let in 2 or 3 bad ones. When Chico is calling him out, you KNOW he was bad.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Marty has been brutal so far this season but let's remember what he means to us and what he has accomplished here in NJ as Devil.

Plus he just lost his Dad.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Only if you stop acting like he's the reason we are winless.
Cory's played 3 games too...and losing is by far a team effort especially when you score 13 goals in 7 games, and your defense is pathetic

Marty's four games were a lot different than Cory's three games...and Cory played arguably the two best teams of the seven on the schedule.

Reid Boucher

Jun 21, 2011
New Jersey
Pete's grasp on the Team:

michigan-punter-fail-gif.gif

Mory Schneideur*

Will you stop defending Marty? It's not even an opinion at this point. The 3 goals Schneider let in against Vancouver were not softies. Marty let in 2, possibly 3 softies tonight. PERIOD.

This is one of the worst games I've ever seen him play. I've seen him let in 2 softies in a game, but not 3.

Marty has been absolutely PUTRID this year, just garbage. Worst goalie in the league possibly.

Blaming the goaltending is idiotic. This "softie" talk is non-sense, every goal is a "softie". We have a decent team, but they are playing like crap. You can be the best goalie in the world and you won't win with the team playing like we have been playing in front of the goalie.

Its been 7 games, with Cory and Brodeur splitting and its been the same result with both. Its funny because we got more points out of Marty in the standings than from Schneider so far. Their stats are similar, both guys are losing... don't you see the pattern here?

You guys played us hard, I'm still trying to figure out why your record is the way it is. Just bad puck-luck?

That was a game where one bounce could have made all the difference. Also, Schneider needs to be your 50-game guy this year, not Marty... though I don't think I'm saying anything that you all haven't already unanimously agreed on.

Bad coaching, bad goal-tending. With some better coaching and better goaltending we're 3-3-1. Should have won the Edmonton game, should have won the Flames game, should have won tonight.

Devilsfanatic0421

"You're next"
Feb 24, 2012
Blaming the goaltending is idiotic. This "softie" talk is non-sense, every goal is a "softie". We have a decent team, but they are playing like crap. You can be the best goalie in the world and you won't win with the team playing like we have been playing in front of the goalie.

Its been 7 games, with Cory and Brodeur splitting and its been the same result with both. Its funny because we got more points out of Marty in the standings than from Schneider so far. Their stats are similar, both guys are losing... don't you see the pattern here?

No it isn't. Marty was terrible tonight, there is no way to reasonably argue otherwise.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I know you love Marty and I do too, but if Marty was pulled in the 1st, we probably get a point in this game.

We only scored 2 goals, but Marty let in 2 or 3 bad ones. When Chico is calling him out, you KNOW he was bad.

I said Marty was bad tonight. Game is almost completely on him. I'm just saying he won't start Saturday. Despite the baffling choices with Harrold and Volch Pete has been even so far with the goalies and I see that continuing until one plays solid and wins. So Cory is up again Saturday.

This is the one where id like to see him take the job.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Deb: Can you remember a stretch like this ever from a Devils team?
Elias: Yeah, last year

lol Deb seriously? Unless she thinks this 'stretch' is just an extension of last year which it kind of is.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey

Please ignore that poster, he only speaks for himself. Thank you for stopping bye, though!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
deboer doesn't think goaltending was the story, then what was it pete?

enlighten me?

**** you deboer
Like Scotty said, he wanted to throw him under the bus. I think he would have, but he has no balls. Let's see if he keeps rotating, or if he makes a braindead moronic decision to start Marty on Saturday.

Well this was one of our better games in a while to be honest. Not sure, but Brodeur has been bad in 3 of 4 games he's played, and we've been shutout with Schneider 2 of the 3 he's played. He gave us a chance to win, but we didn't really give him a chance. We usually give up multiple odd man breaks, but we didn't tonight.

Anderson was awesome tonight, Marty was a joke. That's what it comes down to.

Good luck to you guys this season, I got no problem with the Senators!:handclap:

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I'm going away from the 29th to the 13th won't have access to the games unless I find a ****** stream somewhere...I'm going to avoid that...maybe I'll come home to 3-4 wins :laugh:

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I hope this is the very bottom. The team is flawed for sure but even the worst teams play well for stretches. It would just be nice for something ****ing good to happen. Its way too early in the season to be this down in the dumps about the team, but nothing has gone right from the very start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->