Post-Game Talk: Another craptacular display: Sens 5-2 win

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I mean I love Marty and know he commands some respect and starts for what he's meant to the franchise, but Lou and Pete are lying if they're going to say "we're putting the best team out there every night" and then have Marty and Cory split.. It's just untrue and he needs to switch to a true backup roll

MountainGoat

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 23s
Game over. Sens win 5-2. Devils (0-4-3) remain only team in NHL without a win in 2013-14.

I can't believe DeBoer hasn't been fired yet. He owns two of the worst records in Devils history (longest losing streak, worst start to a season) and they came within one year.

he probably wont be fired for a while yet, I think Lou realizes even though the team played great, the team he built is ****

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
Marty. Was. Terrible. I have never seen him get beat to the post so damn often as I have this season. Positioning? Reflexes? Something is off with him. Maybe his body is finally breaking down?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
9 regulation wins in our last 42 games for anyone that says it's too early to can Pete.

I don't think he will get fired but he certainly deserves it.

It's 9 in 44 or 45 at this point. His system just doesn't work anymore. Part of that isn't really on him, but it is time to hit the trails. Let him be an assistant or something, but get a new system in place here.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Did anyone else think it could have been a good idea to bench Marty after the 2nd goal? Or was it pretty much already over for us.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

May not reflect the play but it's the same **** we've seen the last eight months. I swear if Pete says Marty's playing the Ranger game I might kick in the TV.

The scary thing about it is, because its the Rangers, I can totally see a "I'm going to let Marty play for his pride against his arch rival because he deserves it after all these years" idea by Pete which will cause this board to burn to the ground but I'm mentally preparing for it.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
Marty. Was. Terrible. I have never seen him get beat to the post so damn often as I have this season. Positioning? Reflexes? Something is off with him. Maybe his body is finally breaking down?

Remember the great season Roloson had then hit the wall the following season? Marty's the same age now. 41-42, just too far. (I'm Roloson's age)

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Fire Deboer, Lou can retire, Brodeur can retire and be promoted to GM. Problems solved. :P

I mean I love Marty and know he commands some respect and starts for what he's meant to the franchise, but Lou and Pete are lying if they're going to say "we're putting the best team out there every night" and then have Marty and Cory split.. It's just untrue and he needs to switch to a true backup roll

Marty is starting to become what Ric Flair was in the late 90's. Dude, just retire or accept that you are a back up now. Stop insisting that you should share the work load.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Deboer needs to realize the only elite talent on the team is Schneider, just play him. He would ****ing play Kovalchuk till he was half dead.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Devils defenseless Defense

Zidlicky 24:22, -2, A
Greene 23:32, -2
Salvador 19:32, -1
Harrold 16:56, -1
Voldemort 15:37, -1
Larsson 14:19, -1

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Whether it's age or a lack of focus stemming from his father's death, that was not pretty.

But I still think the team played a putrid offensive game until the last ten minutes of the third.

I am officially on the fire DeBo train.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Pete gets a pass for this game. It won't count against his loss counter. Hard to ignore the **** goaltending tonight but just as frustrating is the 2 goals scored. With some of the chances tonight, its hard to believe they didn't have at least 5. Every game is feels like the other goalie stands on his head or some ****.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
We would be 3-3-1 right now if it wasn't for Marty.

we have played most of our last 50 games with hedberg and the 41 yr old broduer

still go back to the **** goaltending we have had..... marty is a solid back up at this point.... and nothing more he is ****ing old

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Schneider let in a softy in Vancouver too. He's been better than Brodeur but he hasnt been lights out either.

We played horrible in Van he gave us a chance to win.

We were horrible in WPG he gave us a chance to win.

We had leads in most the games Marty's played...3 of them....BLEW THEM ALL.

I know part of that is on the D but I'm starting to see a trend.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ryder -4
Tedenby -3
Zajac -3

If you watched the game you wouldn't cast the blame on them. That stat is a joke!

Ryder did kind of deserve a benching for his game tonight though...Tedenby tees him up in the slot and he whiffs on a puck. Then after Teddy's penalty Ryder could have easily controlled the puck and ended the play but instead he just kind of lazily tapped it with the end of his stick and they didn't blow the whistle and wound up with a good chance at the other end. Tedenby's probably going back to Neverneverland after his penalty too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad