Player Discussion Andrew Shaw II - Playoff Edition

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I don't know, the way I remember it, it was at least a 50-50 split on the day it happened. Proportions probably got worse after the contract was announced.

Part of the reason I hated this trade as much as I did is that Bergevin didn't even wait to see what was available at his 2nd round picks before making the trade. Therefore, Timmins must have had very little say in it. What if a guy ranked on Timmins' top 10 is still available in the 2nd round? Do you still make the trade?

The contract is irrelevant, IMO. It's front loaded and can be dealt with as almost all bloated contracts are. He's overpayed by a mill or 1.5 and will continue to be until he drops off a cliff and gets buried somewhere.

I agree, there was no reason to make the trade at that time. As it turned out, a lot of talent fell through the first round. Jean Béliveau trophy winner, ppg defensemen, ppg Allsvenskan players, 60 goal scorers. Huge missed opportunity.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I don't know, the way I remember it, it was at least a 50-50 split on the day it happened. Proportions probably got worse after the contract was announced.

Part of the reason I hated this trade as much as I did is that Bergevin didn't even wait to see what was available at his 2nd round picks before making the trade. Therefore, Timmins must have had very little say in it. What if a guy ranked on Timmins' top 10 is still available in the 2nd round? Do you still make the trade?

Timmins hasn't been doing so hot with prospects since 2010. Chuck, Gally, Lehkonen, that's all he has to show so far.

Chicago took Alex DeBrincat and Chad Krys with those picks. Don't know much about Krys, but DeBrincat is a small right winger with a ton of skill. Janne Kuokkanen was also available, and he's been great for the Knights. Could see him in the NHL.

walsy37

Jul 12, 2006
So Andrew Shaw got married this weekend. A twitter pic shared by a not-true number 1 Center initialed JT, shows that Shea Weber was there. Anyone know if any other Habs made it?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So Andrew Shaw got married this weekend. A twitter pic shared by a not-true number 1 Center initialed JT, shows that Shea Weber was there. Anyone know if any other Habs made it?

Danault?

ZDfAxpK.jpg

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

According to MB there's no such thing as a true number 1 center. There's just two players named Crosby and McJesus. All the rest are interchangeable scrubs. :sarcasm:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
It was obviously a disappointing playoff from Shaw. That's when I was expecting the best out of him.

I feel as though his game dropped off after suffering that concussion against Boston.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Timmins hasn't been doing so hot with prospects since 2010. Chuck, Gally, Lehkonen, that's all he has to show so far.

Chicago took Alex DeBrincat and Chad Krys with those picks. Don't know much about Krys, but DeBrincat is a small right winger with a ton of skill. Janne Kuokkanen was also available, and he's been great for the Knights. Could see him in the NHL.

Did you overlook Sergachev, who brought in Drouin? I'm pleased he drafted Juulsen. There are others who haven't yet had the opportunity to prove themselves, including Ikonen, Mete, Bitten, and Poehling. Scherbak and McCarron aren't hopeless cases.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Never been a fan of signing 4th liners to ridiculous contracts

When he was signed the argument was he was an elite third liner who could play top six when needed.

Now there's no way he plays on the third line unless 20 goals Byron or newly signed vet Hemsky plays the fourth.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
When he was signed the argument was he was an elite third liner who could play top six when needed.

Now there's no way he plays on the third line unless 20 goals Byron or newly signed vet Hemsky plays the fourth.

Even if Shaw ends up playing on the 4th line this doesn't mean he's a 4th liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad