Confirmed with Link: Andrew Miller (Yale) Signs 1-Year ELC

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Meh, hope the best for him. But if takes the contract of Gernat or even Bigos Ill be upset

MetaOil1993

Jun 22, 2012
Edmonton
All smurfs belong to us! Sam Gagner's replacement :sarcasm:

Hope he turns out to at least be a good solid AHLer. Any info on him? Whats his game like?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
At five-feet-nine-inches tall, Miller might not ever make the NHL, but his college career was nothing short of spectacular. He was part of teams that stockpiled an ECAC Regular Season Championship, an ECAC Tournament Championship, and three NCAA Tournament appearances, which all culminated in Saturday's NCAA Championship. He scored 42 goals and added 114 assists for 156 points in 141 games played over four seasons.

His ability to find his teammates is remarkable, and obviously the numbers speak for themselves. His coach had some extremely high praise for him after the national championship game.

"He's one of the best playmakers that I've ever seen at any level. His vision is incredible. His ability to put the puck in a timely manner to a teammate is great as well," said Yale coach Keith Allain.
From: http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog...-hockey-yale-andrew-miller-defeats-quinnipiac

He was named the Ivy League Player of the Year and was a huge part of Yale winning the NCAA title.

Should be a decent signing for OKC.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Wow
That is Bold
:sarcasm:
Seriously though, guy has decent points but he's kinda small ok he's very small

Last edited:

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
This has an AHL signing written all over it. I'd imagine he will replace one of Cornet/Arcobello in OKC.

trent_vinyl

Jul 5, 2005
who cares about size for all we know he could be the next M.St.Louis, or he could be L.Reddox v.2014..Reddox was small but hit like a freight train.IF he does turn out to be a player oilers could always move out a soft small player.

Really? I don't recall that whatsoever

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008
Can he................?

The key is whether he can skate and how fast he is.................?

Linus Omark is a similar size and can stick handle but was (is) not NHL fast enough same with Mark Acrobello when he was up for a couple games; he was too slow!

St Louise is fast enough even though he is short!

As long as a player is fast and shifty he can make the NHL....size only matters to a degree!!!

From reading his bio........the kid has always been a great player at every level.........so lets gave him a shot!!!

Last edited:

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
On the plus side, now he won't have to deal with the ridiculous pressure that Oilers fans would have put on any forward over 6'1.

Now he can just go to OKC and play hockey.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=345

The 24 year old center is a classic small, skilled college player. Miller displays above-average qualities in terms of his speed, puck skills and overall offensive instincts. In his Senior season especially he showed the ability to consistently create scoring chances and keep the play flowing in the right direction.

There's a bit more in the link.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Curtis Hamilton should be sweating. New round of coke machines are coming into the AHL next year (Kessy, Ewanyk) and skilled forwards are being brought it (Rajala)

I don't mind a signing like this, I think its signals to other college FA's that this would be a good place to sign

Usual_Suspect

Jul 4, 2007
3 hours South
http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=345

The 24 year old center is a classic small, skilled college player. Miller displays above-average qualities in terms of his speed, puck skills and overall offensive instincts. In his Senior season especially he showed the ability to consistently create scoring chances and keep the play flowing in the right direction.

There's a bit more in the link.

Some more positives in the link:
Miller was the tournament MVP of the NCAA’s Frozen Four and was Yale’s co-leader in scoring this season. He was also named a 2nd team All-American in the NCAA east. Miller has been one of the ECAC’s most productive forwards in his college career, averaging a point per game or better in each of his 4 seasons.

The negatives were the expected size concerns.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Funny, because on the other side of that game the Oilers have Kellen Jones, who is also an itty bitty player. I wonder if the Jones twins were going to go UFA so they could sign somewhere together, and so this is the replacement?

They no longer have Reider coming in, so perhaps that opened up a spot for a small guy, or perhaps Arcobello is moving on? There's a lot of spots in OKC being occupied by some really long shot prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad