Confirmed with Link: Andrew Miller (Yale) Signs 1-Year ELC

Sloth Slothersons*

Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 1m
GM Craig MacTavish announces #Oilers have agreed to terms with Yale (ECAC) forward Andrew Miller on a one-year entry level contract

VIA ME VIA TWITTER

Sloth Slothersons*

That's the bold move he was talking about. Time to take the year off.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
If I read this properly... he's on a 1-year deal, so if he plays this season, he'll be an RFA this summer.

Yeah?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
As mentioned numerous times, these contracts don't count against this year. The players will sign ATO contracts if they play in the AHL.

Numerous times? I spend a good amount of time on year and haven't seen that said yet.

Either way good to see we're going after college free agents. Miller was over PPG in Yale but he's undersized.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Other than Chris Higgins, what other NHLers have played for Yale? Just curious.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Numerous times? I spend a good amount of time on year and haven't seen that said yet.

Either way good to see we're going after college free agents. Miller was over PPG in Yale but he's undersized.

Every time it came up about our 50 contracts and how we can't sign any college free agents because of it I go into this arguement. Unless the players are going to play in the NHL this year's roster #'s means nothing.

Calgary McOilers

Sep 13, 2008
Calgary
I would have liked Antoine Laganiere but he signed with the Ducks?

Both were mentioned on Elliote Friedman's 30 thoughts column the other day:

2. With Hartzell signed, a couple of Yalies take centre stage: forwards Antoine Laganiere and Andrew Miller. Glenn Healy mentioned Vancouver, Winnipeg, Columbus, Pittsburgh and Nashville. The Predators have seen almost every game, apparently. Don't know as much about Miller, except that Washington is among the chasers.

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
who cares about size for all we know he could be the next M.St.Louis, or he could be L.Reddox v.2014..Reddox was small but hit like a freight train.

IF he does turn out to be a player oilers could always move out a soft small player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad