Confirmed with Link: Andrew Miller (Yale) Signs 1-Year ELC

Usual_Suspect

Jul 4, 2007
3 hours South
@DarrenDreger
Oilers sign college free agent forward Andrew Miller. Yale's cptn, Frozen 4 MVP. As many as 15 teams in the mix.

15 teams in mix is new info I believe. Not too surprising I guess.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Here's some highlights from Millers 2nd last game (to get into the NCAA finals)

interview at ~2:35
Game winning goal at 4:25
Post Game interview at 6:55

Here he scores on a breakaway in the final @1:22

Last edited:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Funny, because on the other side of that game the Oilers have Kellen Jones, who is also an itty bitty player. I wonder if the Jones twins were going to go UFA so they could sign somewhere together, and so this is the replacement?

I'd be surprised if they get contracts with anyone, personally. Let alone together.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Let's see...

Missed out on DeKeyser--top signing...Playing 17 minutes for Detroit.
Missed out on Laganiere (6' 4" C)...signed by Ana.
Missed out on 6'4" goalie Hartzell...signed by Pitts.

But we signed another 5'9" forward...Yep, sounds like the Oilers alright..:shakehead

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Funny, because on the other side of that game the Oilers have Kellen Jones, who is also an itty bitty player. I wonder if the Jones twins were going to go UFA so they could sign somewhere together, and so this is the replacement?

They no longer have Reider coming in, so perhaps that opened up a spot for a small guy, or perhaps Arcobello is moving on? There's a lot of spots in OKC being occupied by some really long shot prospects.

The Jones' will more than likely be going back to school for their senior year.

Miller could be a stopgap(with upside) until Kellen signs next year.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
Let's see...

But we signed another 5'9" forward...Yep, sounds like the Oilers alright..:shakehead

Its not like we didnt try for those guys, we gave it a shot and they signed else where. rather get a guy who can help out OKC than signing no one.

Just cause we want them doesnt mean we are going to get them. stop complaining about management when they are actually doing something positive

Mr Hands

Feb 9, 2008
I dont understand why everyone is so negative about this. there is literally no downside to this signing.

- we gave up no assets
- its a 1 year ELC deal, if he sucks, its gone in a year
- if he cant make it in the AHL, he'll be sent to ECHL

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Just cause we want them doesnt mean we are going to get them. stop complaining about management when they are actually doing something positive

It's as if some people don't quite understand the reasoning behind moves like this, and they're expecting it to be the equivalent of the first round of the draft. They'll complain about anything if it's someone they haven't heard of.

Or they think these signings are meant to bring in impact NHL players right away.

Either way, it seems ridiculous to me.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Let's see...

This is totally an AHL move. Miller looks like a damn good leader and playoff player, so I think he's coming in to help the Barons win a championship. Smart move by Miller, his stock could rise quite a bit coming into the off season.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Its not like we didnt try for those guys, we gave it a shot and they signed else where. rather get a guy who can help out OKC than signing no one.

I dont understand why everyone is so negative about this. there is literally no downside to this signing.

- we gave up no assets
- its a 1 year ELC deal, if he sucks, its gone in a year
- if he cant make it in the AHL, he'll be sent to ECHL

It's as if some people don't quite understand the reasoning behind moves like this, and they're expecting it to be the equivalent of the first round of the draft. They'll complain about anything if it's someone they haven't heard of.

Or they think these signings are meant to bring in impact NHL players right away.

Either way, it seems ridiculous to me.

Understand the impact, or lack of, really well...You bunch must be the MacT fanboys, out in force again. This is the same stuff we saw for years with the Oilers. J Schultz is the only good thing to come out of all the begging and he probably regrets it already.
This reminds me of the same..can't get anything any good (none of the high end players would sign with them) so get some consolation prizes and some of you thinks it's great and spouts the same garbage.. Wait until next year..these guys know what thye're doing...blah, blah,,,

Mr Hands

Feb 9, 2008
im the farthest thing from a Klowe MacT fanboy. please tell me the downside of this signing? would you rather they not sign one of the more sought-after college free agents? Of course id rather have DeKeyser, Laganiere or Hartzell but they didnt want to sign here.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Let's see...

I think it's obvious that they tried for those players. Hell, they brought Laganiere to rookie camp last year.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Understand the impact, or lack of, really well...You bunch must be the MacT fanboys, out in force again. This is the same stuff we saw for years with the Oilers. J Schultz is the only good thing to come out of all the begging and he probably regrets it already.
This reminds me of the same..can't get anything any good (none of the high end players would sign with them) so get some consolation prizes and some of you thinks it's great and spouts the same garbage.. Wait until next year..these guys know what thye're doing...blah, blah,,,
Again.

When someone brings a very valid opinion, they are slammed as kool aid drinkers and fanboys. What a ****ing ****** argument.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Let's see...

DeKeyser was always linked to Detroit and surprise, surprise he chose them even with all the options he had.

Hartzell would have been nice but he decided on Pittsburgh, c'est la vie.

Laganiere is a big centre. Great. What else does he bring that makes him so much more appealing than Miller? I'm assuming you've seen them both play which is why you're so down on this signing.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
This reminds me of the same..can't get anything any good (none of the high end players would sign with them) so get some consolation prizes and some of you thinks it's great and spouts the same garbage.. Wait until next year..these guys know what thye're doing...blah, blah,,,[/QUOTE

So there were about 5 college players every team were trying to sign and we got 2 of them and you see that as a negative situation. In fact we got the most coveted one. This sort of post smacks of something I would read from a Flames fan.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Like I said, it's clear you don't understand why these guys are being signed.

That's fine, but don't label others just because you don't understand the situation.

Hockey Buddha

Darnell Nurse
Aug 24, 2005

Let's see...

Apparently, I should hate everything that the team does and assume only the worst to demonstrate my cachet as an anti-fanboy. To be honest, I'm just not there. The Oilers were among 27 other teams that did not sign any of those players, and they have acquired a number of coke machine types to play in OKC next season and require some guys with more skill to come in and play to compliment them. This does not appear to be a bad signing. They signed Yale's captain and a player who was apparently the MVP in the NCAA championships this season. He most likely addresses a system need (in OKC or Stockton) and not a need on the Edmonton Oilers. The upside of the signing--while it's unlikely, it remains entirely possible--is that the Oilers may have acquired a player like Michael Cammalleri, Brad Marchand, Derek Roy, or Brian Gionta, while moving no assets to do so. No, I'm not seeing the same downside to this that you are, but feel free to gripe and be miserable about it. I don't want to stand in the way anyone's hate-on for everything that the club does. It's your prerogative, so hate-on, if it feels good.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Lets keep this civil. Attack peoples posts and not the posters. No snipes of any kind from any party will be tolerated.

How is his board work? Is he like Omark in that sense or no?

Should be good depth for OKC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->