Andrew MacDonald

Status
Not open for further replies.

lacunacoil777

Feb 11, 2013
Amacs value is probably a 2nd rounder and even that is only cause his pay is low. First rounder is reaching. Although I suppose if your saying its bostons its like a second rounder anyway, but still, a boston GM is going to hesitate giving up a first rounder assuming they have some fans who drool over the draft the way wang and snow and half this board does.

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
His value right about now is a can of sardines. I'll gladly take that. I despise the way he plays the game.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Amacs value is probably a 2nd rounder and even that is only cause his pay is low. First rounder is reaching. Although I suppose if your saying its bostons its like a second rounder anyway, but still, a boston GM is going to hesitate giving up a first rounder assuming they have some fans who drool over the draft the way wang and snow and half this board does.

I could not disagree more.

The nhl always has a shortage of quality, top 4 defensemen and the TDL is when gms are most likely to overpay in a trade.

Also, this is not a deep draft and teams who consider themselves to have a realistic chance to go deep into the playoffs, would imo give up a first rounder in the late teens thru end of the first round.

I doubt nhl gms and owners care what armchair gms and scouts think. Fans really think Chia up in Boston or Shero in Pittsburgh are hesitating over trades , when they think they can win a SC because fans on message boards will be unhappy losing a late first, in a so-so draft?

DktrFaustus

Dec 22, 2011
brooklyn
His value right about now is a can of sardines. I'll gladly take that. I despise the way he plays the game.

this. i was not a fan of his going into the season and was pretty disgusted when he got the A. if we can get a second rounder for him, that's a ****ing blessing.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
this. i was not a fan of his going into the season and was pretty disgusted when he got the A. if we can get a second rounder for him, that's a ****ing blessing.

Wow this thread brings back memories.
We just have to replace Okposo's name with AMac's.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
It takes a lot for me to finally lose it on someone and it's been reached. I want AMac off the team and trade him for whatever, I don't care. At this point, it would be addition by subtraction. Maybe because the Isles have paid him peanuts, he's been taking payments from other teams to help them win. It boggles my mind how many mistakes he makes. He's a freaking bonehead who thinks he's Bobby Orr.

Trade AMac before people realize he's a 3rd pairing guy and call up Donovan. AMac is making rookie mistakes all the time, I'd rather watch a real rookie make those mistakes and learn from them. Clearly, he's not capable of adapting his play.
WOW PW, you must be having a bad day. I never seen you post anything so negative like that before. But I must agree, Amac has been getting worse not better.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
What kind of dirt do you think he has on the coaching staff and GM? He got an "A" put on his jersey AND plays all of these minutes for someone who is complete trash as a player. Once you get over how sad and pathetic the situation is, it's kind of funny.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
They should move Amac down to third pairing with Carkner. Try Hickey and Strait as the second pairing. Strait has played reasonably well since returning from injury.

Hip Of Rick*

Snow Must Go!
Mar 17, 2007
Philadelphia
I still think Amac would be effective playing 15 min a night on a 3rd pairing. He looks overmatched and tired playing 26-27 min a night. If Amac was on Boston he would look fantastic Snow counted on him being a number 2 dman which as usual with this regime is a gross misjudge in talent.

In reality we have 5 guys who should be playing 12 min a night or be in the AHL. Hamonic should be at about 18 min a night. Capuano has no choice other than to run out 3rd pairing dmen all night.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
WOW PW, you must be having a bad day. I never seen you post anything so negative like that before. But I must agree, Amac has been getting worse not better.

It really takes a lot for me to finally burst, I did last night.

They should move Amac down to third pairing with Carkner. Try Hickey and Strait as the second pairing. Strait has played reasonably well since returning from injury.

I do feel remorse for completely bashing AMac. You know, I would be ok with him in a 3rd pairing role and I think he could be part of the solution going forward in a more limited role. I just have no faith in the coaching staff to do that and they continue to play him as if he's an elite #1D. Unfairly, I pinned all my frustration on AMac when it was a combination of his limitations and the Insane Clown Posse being too dumb/ignorant/capable of making a decision like that.

After sleeping on it, I'm not all that mad at AMac anymore. All of that rage towards him has been transferred to Cappy, Weight, and Thompson. I still want AMac gone though. :)

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
After reading this thread Capuano is like: "So ahr you sahying he should get 40 minutes a night? I don't get it. Is that what you ahr sahying? Because I agree."

:shakehead

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
It really takes a lot for me to finally burst, I did last night.

I do feel remorse for completely bashing AMac. You know, I would be ok with him in a 3rd pairing role and I think he could be part of the solution going forward in a more limited role. I just have no faith in the coaching staff to do that and they continue to play him as if he's an elite #1D. Unfairly, I pinned all my frustration on AMac when it was a combination of his limitations and the Insane Clown Posse being too dumb/ignorant/capable of making a decision like that.

After sleeping on it, I'm not all that mad at AMac anymore. All of that rage towards him has been transferred to Cappy, Weight, and Thompson. I still want AMac gone though. :)

Don't blame you for snapping PW, hard to stay sane with our fearless and brilliant leadership and circus atmosphere. I pin the blame on management rather that an individual player. We get on AMac, but the fact is too many of the of the players on the roster have taken steps backwards and that is the scary thing.

cjdv16

Nov 22, 2005
The Swamp
Amac sucks. He can't even hit the net a fair portion of the time. Even howie rose and butchie are throwing jabs at this sad fact.

Flubbing pucks, shanking shots, falling.

Get him the hell outta here.

michaelrc51

Jul 6, 2011
Amac sucks. He can't even hit the net a fair portion of the time. Even howie rose and butchie are throwing jabs at this sad fact.

Flubbing pucks, shanking shots, falling.

Get him the hell outta here.

He isn't the only one on our team who can't hit the net.....But we can hit the goalie in the crest 90% of the time the puck is on net.

I just don't see how they can let him QB a PP unit.

Tavares2TheRescue

#JreeFroadwayBay
Feb 6, 2010
Champaign, IL/LI, NY
same here.

not sure why this game, because what could we have expected without Tavares. But Jersey is a bad team, they have no Kovalchuk this year either. Tampa can win without Stamkos. Ottawa played well without Spezza, Anderson, Karlsson last year. I've been saying for a long time that Tavares is everything for this team and this team sucks even WITH Tavares - what a total SHAM of a rebuild, seriously.

I almost want JT to take a 2-3 week "break" just to expose this fraud further.

There are some pieces here, for sure, but it's amazing how little depth of talent there is on this roster.

I'll give Strome and Nelson some adjustment time, but these are the BEST PROSPECTS available at this time.

Not sure what we can expect from Reinhart, Pulock, Pokka, Pelech at SOME POINT, but they certainly not going to make this team much better next year.

Disaster.

And either we lose out on Ekblad THIS YEAR or McDavid next year. Happy Holidays to us all!

Whoa, easy there... Let's not give up on next season just yet

original islander

Oct 12, 2011
I still think Amac would be effective playing 15 min a night on a 3rd pairing. He looks overmatched and tired playing 26-27 min a night. If Amac was on Boston he would look fantastic Snow counted on him being a number 2 dman which as usual with this regime is a gross misjudge in talent.

In reality we have 5 guys who should be playing 12 min a night or be in the AHL. Hamonic should be at about 18 min a night. Capuano has no choice other than to run out 3rd pairing dmen all night.

I think that you're right. At best Hamonic is a second pair D man. Amac and Hickey are third pair guys and Strait is a guy who would be your first call up and Carkner is strictly a musclehead. Ness would struggle to make some AHL teams. Amac is exposed because there simply is no one else. Time will tell with De Haan, although so far he looks very efficient. It's not as if we had a Cam Fowler to man the point on the power play. Only an imbecile would have passed him over to take Nino. Whether it was Jankowski's fault or Snow's fault it isn't Cappy's fault for having no real alternatives. That is strictly on the GM.

People look at Baileys situation and blame his poor play on lack of confidence because he was rushed and don't offer Amac any compassion because he's being asked to do something he's not talented enough to do. In a third pairing role his play would probably be more than adequate.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Whoa, easy there... Let's not give up on next season just yet

In fairness, why should I expect anything different from a owner, GM, coach and team that has yet to show otherwise, except for one post-lockout 25 game stretch? Team cannot tank properly, develop well, hire well - total incompetence.

This team is making me miss Tambellini, Schremp, Gervais and even Campoli.

NYrisles

Mar 14, 2013
CT
Worst player on the ice every night. CDH is our best defender and he should be running the PP

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013
Worst player on the ice every night. CDH is our best defender and he should be running the PP

Couldn't agree more. As bad as Amac has been, and it has been bad at least we were given a glimmer of hope in deHaan. I just hope the kid can remain healthy.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I think that you're right. At best Hamonic is a second pair D man. Amac and Hickey are third pair guys and Strait is a guy who would be your first call up and Carkner is strictly a musclehead. Ness would struggle to make some AHL teams. Amac is exposed because there simply is no one else. Time will tell with De Haan, although so far he looks very efficient. It's not as if we had a Cam Fowler to man the point on the power play. Only an imbecile would have passed him over to take Nino. Whether it was Jankowski's fault or Snow's fault it isn't Cappy's fault for having no real alternatives. That is strictly on the GM.

People look at Baileys situation and blame his poor play on lack of confidence because he was rushed and don't offer Amac any compassion because he's being asked to do something he's not talented enough to do. In a third pairing role his play would probably be more than adequate.
Strait has been fine since coming back from his injury.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Strait is mediocre on his best nights. Fine compared to Carkner, Ness, and Hickey is an accomplishment I guess
He's played much better than Carkner, Ness, and Amac. And he's much stronger along the boards and in front of the net than Hickey. With this group of D-men he should be on the second pairing. I'm not saying he's a top 4 D-man but with the group we are icing now he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad