Andrew MacDonald

Status
Not open for further replies.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Is a second pairing defenseman playing over his head, you can thank Snow and Wang for the defense we have, he should be playing ~18 minutes a night, not 25+ minutes a night.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
I used to think differently. Thought he was 'JUST' miscast and overused. That's still true, but he has regressed so badly and has been so consistently awful game in and game out in almost every single facet of the game that I know just think he is a terrible hockey player.

Snapshotgoal

Feb 17, 2013
Tampa FL
I used to think differently. Thought he was 'JUST' miscast and overused. That's still true, but he has regressed so badly and has been so consistently awful game in and game out in almost every single facet of the game that I know just think he is a terrible hockey player.

Totally agree!

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
Is a second pairing defenseman playing over his head, you can thank Snow and Wang for the defense we have, he should be playing ~18 minutes a night, not 25+ minutes a night.

Thats not an excuse anymore. He's too consistantly terrible every shift, everyt night.

18 minutes is 18 too many for AMAC

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013

Disagree, I don't think he was ever a decent player. The only thing he has been good at is staying healthy. He is a minus player in every aspect of his game.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Thats not an excuse anymore. He's too consistantly terrible every shift, everyt night.

18 minutes is 18 too many for AMAC

He has played poorly, but again it's been 12 games, a lot of the guys haven't played well. He is still better than Carkner, Martinek, and Donovan at the very least. Really wonder how Reinhart would have played up here.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
He has played poorly, but again it's been 12 games, a lot of the guys haven't played well. He is still better than Carkner, Martinek, and Donovan at the very least. Really wonder how Reinhart would have played up here.

True. Amac was +1 tonight. He's just not a #2 D.

Carkner and Donovan are affecting these last few games more than Amac.

We're starving for Viz and to have Carkner out.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

AMac is just overexposed with the minutes he plays. He's basically our de facto #1 and he's more of a #4 or #5. His decision making has been especially bad so far, he's regressed.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com

AMAC wasn't QUITE as bad last season, but it was pretty close. He had some decent games here and there, but it was a garbage season for him. AMAC hasn't even been passable as an NHL defenceman in years.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Disagree, I don't think he was ever a decent player. Ever

He was never this bad. Gets exposed more and more every game. He's been just awful this season - even before Viz got hurt.

It's an adventure every time he's around the puck.

Snow has to do something. Our d was already a joke... But now with Viz and Strait out, its just putrid.

AMac sucks, Carkner is useless, Donovan is still a lost puppy and Martinek is a dinosaur. The misfits.

Right now we only have 2 healthy legit NHL Dmen - Hickey and Hamonic. How the hell does Snow expect to win with only 2 dmen?

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013
He was never this bad. Gets exposed more and more every game. He's been just awful this season - even before Viz got hurt.

It's an adventure every time he's around the puck.

Snow has to do something. Our d was already a joke... But now with Viz and Strait out, its just putrid.

AMac sucks, Carkner is useless, Donovan is still a lost puppy and Martinek is a dinosaur. The misfits.

Right now we only have 2 healthy legit NHL Dmen - Hickey and Hamonic. How the hell does Snow expect to win with only 2 dmen?

Disagree. I have watched every game he has ever played for the Islanders. He is deficient in every aspect of the game.

Please tell me what he does well. Because I see nothing and have always seen nothing.

We need Viz back in the worst way.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
AMAC wasn't QUITE as bad last season, but it was pretty close. He had some decent games here and there, but it was a garbage season for him. AMAC hasn't even been passable as an NHL defenceman in years.

I disagree, like I said he hasn't been good by any means, but if he is matching up against 2nd and 3rd line players, instead of first line players, he is fine. He is overmatched against the leagues best players. He is a decent number 4/5 defenseman, stuck playing as a #2 defenseman. Outside of Hamonic the entire defense blows, and its been like this for a long time, we need an anchor on defense.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
. He is deficient in every aspect of the game.

Please tell me what he does well. Because I see nothing and have always seen nothing.

I so want an AMAC supporter to respond to this. undoubtedly you will get the 'he is a premier shot blocker' but that's only because his gaps and positioning are so atrocious that he is incredibly inviting to shoot on. You have all the time in the world when your in the offensive zone against the Isles and AMAC is out there. He WONT engage, because he CANT. People shred Hickey for being small, but Hickey looks like Zdeno Chara out there (strength wise) compared to AMAC. he doesn't even deny passes well with his stick, he breaks up a bunch, but twice as many whistle past him to an opponents stick in prime scoring territory.

It's a joke at this point

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013
I so want an AMAC supporter to respond to this. undoubtedly you will get the 'he is a premier shot blocker' but that's only because his gaps and positioning are so atrocious that he is incredibly inviting to shoot on. You have all the time in the world when your in the offensive zone against the Isles and AMAC is out there. He WONT engage, because he CANT. People shred Hickey for being small, but Hickey looks like Zdeno Chara out there (strength wise) compared to AMAC. he doesn't even deny passes well with his stick, he breaks up a bunch, but twice as many whistle past him to an opponents stick in prime scoring territory.

Exactly on the bolded. He blocks so many shots because he gives up so many shots.

Now this board is finally turning on him, but he is still the same player. He was never good in the first place and some people were saying he deserved $4 mil a year:laugh:

Amac is Amac, this is his game.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

Maybe they should have thought about this scenario in the summer, but what do I know...

ADDED: or perhaps more than 2 drafts ago.

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
This is a serious problem and one that Vis won't solve. We are icing 5 guys every night that no cup contender would ever play, four when Vis is back. All I can say is thank god the 1st we gave up for Vanek is protected. Islanders need to seriously consider calling Griffen Reinhart up, I don't care if he is being rushed, no way on earth he is not an upgrade over every one not named Hamonic & Visnovsky.

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013
This is a serious problem and one that Vis won't solve. We are icing 5 guys every night that no cup contender would ever play, four when Vis is back. All I can say is thank god the 1st we gave up for Vanek is protected. Islanders need to seriously consider calling Griffen Reinhart up, I don't care if he is being rushed, no way on earth he is not an upgrade over every one not named Hamonic & Visnovsky.

He's not coming up until his junior season is over. This is what we have.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
He really is regressing a lot. He doesn't deserve the minutes he's getting and is constantly turning the puck over with his passes or playing with it too much. He's getting beat constantly by the opposing teams forwards. He should absolutely not be playing against the other teams top line because he's just not good enough. Unfortunately he's holding Hamonic back imo. Either Hickey or Visnovsky should be paired with Hamonic on the top line. It's time to break them up already.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
The worst.... With the puck... Without the puck... Along the boards... In the neutral zone... "defending" the crease.

Andrew MacDonald is a brutal hockey player. There is no excuse. This isn't a one game rant, it's happened over and over again, season after season. Fans excuse him based on minutes? Please... not knowing where the puck is, turning it over in your end 5-10 times a game? Losing your man on every other shift resulting in a scoring opportunity?

Sorry but this is it for Amac, he is not over used, he is simply not an NHL caliber defensemen.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
He really is regressing a lot. He doesn't deserve the minutes he's getting and is constantly turning the puck over with his passes or playing with it too much. He's getting beat constantly by the opposing teams forwards. He should absolutely not be playing against the other teams top line because he's just not good enough. Unfortunately he's holding Hamonic back imo. Either Hickey or Visnovsky should be paired with Hamonic on the top line. It's time to break them up already.

This.

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013

I thought you were one of his biggest supporters last year? What has changed since last season?

I apologize in advance if I have the wrong poster because these avatars change so often and I've only been here a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad