Andrew MacDonald

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Trade his ass, I'm done with him. He's been dragging this team down ever since Visnovsky went down. Trade him while people think he's a legit top-4 because he's not.

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013
Trade his ass, I'm done with him. He's been dragging this team down ever since Visnovsky went down. Trade him while people think he's a legit top-4 because he's not.

I am terrified that the Snowang braintrust is going too lock him up long term.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
He is brutal.

It takes a lot for me to finally lose it on someone and it's been reached. I want AMac off the team and trade him for whatever, I don't care. At this point, it would be addition by subtraction. Maybe because the Isles have paid him peanuts, he's been taking payments from other teams to help them win. It boggles my mind how many mistakes he makes. He's a freaking bonehead who thinks he's Bobby Orr.

Trade AMac before people realize he's a 3rd pairing guy and call up Donovan. AMac is making rookie mistakes all the time, I'd rather watch a real rookie make those mistakes and learn from them. Clearly, he's not capable of adapting his play.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
I've always been an AMac supporter, but like PW, I'm done.

It's partly/mostly because of how Capuano over-uses/mis-uses him but this is more pronounced with Visnovsky out with him on the PP. And with players like deHaan and Hickey being FAR BETTER than your "30 min/night, PP, PK"-guy, well, there's a whole lotta problems there, best reflected in the standings.

His time is done. He was a good soldier, but it's over like it was over for Freddy Meyer IV.

Problem being, with Capuano, those minutes might be replaced by Carkner or Finley or worse. Damn.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY

I just can not believe there is one person in the league that believes this, a decent 6 or pushing it a weak 5 maybe.

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
It takes a lot for me to finally lose it on someone and it's been reached. I want AMac off the team and trade him for whatever, I don't care. At this point, it would be addition by subtraction. Maybe because the Isles have paid him peanuts, he's been taking payments from other teams to help them win. It boggles my mind how many mistakes he makes. He's a freaking bonehead who thinks he's Bobby Orr.

Trade AMac before people realize he's a 3rd pairing guy and call up Donovan. AMac is making rookie mistakes all the time, I'd rather watch a real rookie make those mistakes and learn from them. Clearly, he's not capable of adapting his play.

U know they tell us be careful what u wish for...the grass is always greener....I just don't care either...I want him gone...I don't know if it is possible that his replacement can play worse...I'm sure Garth will find someone that will....but I'm DONE with this guy....but I will say this....Cappy has ruined this guy. He is a#4 or #5 that should be seeing 20 mins a night and no special teams....he is done, cooked, spent and now outright sucks at everything related to Hockey

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013
I've always been an AMac supporter, but like PW, I'm done.

It's partly/mostly because of how Capuano over-uses/mis-uses him but this is more pronounced with Visnovsky out with him on the PP. And with players like deHaan and Hickey being FAR BETTER than your "30 min/night, PP, PK"-guy, well, there's a whole lotta problems there, best reflected in the standings.

His time is done. He was a good soldier, but it's over like it was over for Freddy Meyer IV.

Problem being, with Capuano, those minutes might be replaced by Carkner or Finley or worse. Damn.

It doesn't matter what pairing or minutes this guy plays. Whenever he is on the ice he is a liability and brings nothing to the table. He is bad at every aspect of the game.

And Hickey is not much better.

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I actually just read this in your post in the Donvan Thread....this is truly a bad comedy....forget fired....these stats alone should have our entire coaching staff deported and confined to Siberia...CLUELESS!!!

The funny thing is that it's been reported/speculated that the Isles do look at advanced stats. So they're not clueless, they're just ignorant. I've finally had it with the entire coaching staff and with AMac. I've been optimistic all season and tried to stay level headed. Forget that. This game is the straw that broke the camel's back on several fronts for me.

Snapshotgoal

Feb 17, 2013
Tampa FL
I've been saying all along about Amac and Hickey, but most in here were attacking me. Having Amac on the roster is a losing recipe. Wearing an A on his chest is an insult. Fire the entire coaching staff and sell this team!

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Was at the game tonight and holy hell was AMac terrible. TWO fanned shots, and one was prime real estate for someone to step into it around 10 ft away from the goal. Terrible positioning and so many giveaways. He's Mark Streit slow when he carries up the puck on the PP. And what kills me the most is that I've never seen another hockey player that consistently shoots the puck directly in to the opposing players in front of him, especially on the PP. It seems like its a given every game.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
The funny thing is that it's been reported/speculated that the Isles do look at advanced stats. So they're not clueless, they're just ignorant. I've finally had it with the entire coaching staff and with AMac. I've been optimistic all season and tried to stay level headed. Forget that. This game is the straw that broke the camel's back on several fronts for me.

same here.

not sure why this game, because what could we have expected without Tavares. But Jersey is a bad team, they have no Kovalchuk this year either. Tampa can win without Stamkos. Ottawa played well without Spezza, Anderson, Karlsson last year. I've been saying for a long time that Tavares is everything for this team and this team sucks even WITH Tavares - what a total SHAM of a rebuild, seriously.

I almost want JT to take a 2-3 week "break" just to expose this fraud further.

There are some pieces here, for sure, but it's amazing how little depth of talent there is on this roster.

I'll give Strome and Nelson some adjustment time, but these are the BEST PROSPECTS available at this time.

Not sure what we can expect from Reinhart, Pulock, Pokka, Pelech at SOME POINT, but they certainly not going to make this team much better next year.

Disaster.

And either we lose out on Ekblad THIS YEAR or McDavid next year. Happy Holidays to us all!

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Everyone on this board knows it is all about the goalies. Our defense is the best!:sarcasm:

I smh every time I tried to point out that this "D" (team D) is/was atrocious but no it was the goalies we had that were all the problem.

I am done with most on these boards because they have no clue about hockey, period!

Our defense is so atrocious that not even Patrick Roy in his prime would get us into the playoffs.

DONE!:shakehead:help:

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
same here.

not sure why this game, because what could we have expected without Tavares. But Jersey is a bad team, they have no Kovalchuk this year either. Tampa can win without Stamkos. Ottawa played well without Spezza, Anderson, Karlsson last year. I've been saying for a long time that Tavares is everything for this team and this team sucks even WITH Tavares - what a total SHAM of a rebuild, seriously.

I almost want JT to take a 2-3 week "break" just to expose this fraud further.

There are some pieces here, for sure, but it's amazing how little depth of talent there is on this roster.

I'll give Strome and Nelson some adjustment time, but these are the BEST PROSPECTS available at this time.

Not sure what we can expect from Reinhart, Pulock, Pokka, Pelech at SOME POINT, but they certainly not going to make this team much better next year.

Disaster.

And either we lose out on Ekblad THIS YEAR or McDavid next year. Happy Holidays to us all!

This would be icing on my isles fandom.:(

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan

I completely agree...I've given up all hope....I honestly feel if they fired the ENTIRE COACHING STAFF by now I might feel differently...at least I would have hope that a positive change was made. I was suppose to go tonight...when I heard JT was out it was an easy choice to stay in the city. I will go see them on Thursday against the hawks...JT or not Toews and Kane r enough of a reason...but I've given up hope...and if they don't make changes and hire a real coach...there is not a chance they get my money in 14-15!

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Can't wait until we beat two of the Wild, Bruins, or Blackhawks and people start talking playoffs again.

Season's been over since November 1, so let's start talking 2014 Draft and how Garth is still stacking up the cupboard. Reschedule that draft party because we're comin' in HOT!

If there was any accountability on the part of the owner, he'd completely clean house starting with Garth, after he promised going into this season that his team would take the next step. Garth has done NOTHING to follow through on those raised expectations. He made himself, his coaching staff, and his players look like fools. He looks like even more of an imbecile by letting Crapuano hang around and poison the players.

I don't give a **** about injuries because well-built teams withstand injuries and keep chugging along (Ottawa, Pittsburgh, etc.). This team collapsed as soon as its only above-average defenseman went down with a concussion. No replacement, no one to fill in Viz's shoes.

Snow personally unravelled everything good this team had accomplished from March to early May by just sitting on his hands over the summer and refusing to add a top-4 defenseman and a sturdy goaltender.

I don't think we needed to break the bank for a forward over the summer or at the beginning of the season, but defense and goaltending needed to be addressed and they weren't. That has been our downfall. Even if we had Reinhart in the lineup, I'm confident enough to say we'd be hovering around .500.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Trade AMAC to Boston, they need defense since they are thin right now.
Get him out of here and I bet he plays better, on the Isles he is done!

What could we get from BAhston?

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Trade AMAC to Boston, they need defense since they are thin right now.
Get him out of here and I bet he plays better, on the Isles he is done!

What could we get from BAhston?

I honestly don't care what we get. I'd rather see anyone else we currently have take his place. Bring up Donovan and live with his rookie mistakes. Too bad the coaching staff has no idea what they're doing.

Offer him up for a 1st rounder. If Snow can get a sweetener, then great. If not, just take the pick.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
I honestly don't care what we get. I'd rather see anyone else we currently have take his place. Bring up Donovan and live with his rookie mistakes. Too bad the coaching staff has no idea what they're doing.

Offer him up for a 1st rounder. If Snow can get a sweetener, then great. If not, just take the pick.

Oh I do not disagree, a first or high prospect would be gravy for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad