Andrew MacDonald

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

Don't answer this question now.. maybe tomorrow when you have had some time to cool down...

Does Ness look better than Amac? I figure I am just letting my unhappiness with Andyboy get the better of me, but I dunno - I am not noticing the total fail % from Ness as I am from Amac.

And you know I am not in the Ness fan club.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Been saying it for years now, and I'll say it again. AMac is not a top-4 defensemen. Never was-never will be. He's playing in a role above his skillset.

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
What can i say that has not been said already. He is just a bad hockey player regardless of what his role is. Yet this coaching staff just adores him.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
I agree AMac is not a very good Dman. He's really a #4 guy. But unfortunately you will see, this offseason we are going to pay him like a #2, snow has no choice. He's not going to let him just walk.

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013
I agree AMac is not a very good Dman. He's really a #4 guy. But unfortunately you will see, this offseason we are going to pay him like a #2, snow has no choice. He's not going to let him just walk.

Well if that happens then I will start posting in the "Fire Snow" thread.

He has been thee most OVERATED Isle on these boards for a long time. Granted I have not been a poster for all of these years, but a lurker and diehard Isles fan for decades. I have watched almost every game he has played.

He's a pressbox guy on teams that field a good Dmen corps. It was obvious yet again tonight.

IslesFanatic

Thank you, Lou!
Jun 7, 2006
Amac would be a very good bottom pairing dman. He is most certainly NOT a top pairing dman like he is here. His flaws are magnified big time. He has had an awful awful year. And he wasnt much better last year.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
I still like Amac. Just wish the coach would use him better (less) and never on the PP.

IslesFanatic

Thank you, Lou!
Jun 7, 2006
I still like Amac. Just wish the coach would use him better (less) and never on the PP.

Agreed but he has no choice but to use him like he has been. Who else i going to play his minutes? This falls squarely on clueless and cheapo. Isles DO NOT. Have a dman that is top pairing. Not even hamonic.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Amac is leading the league in blocked shots - by ten, already.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/player/_/stat/defensive/sort/blockedShots

3rd in time on ice. Mostly because of injuries and inexperienced guys at 4/5/6. 27 minutes is a lot and he hit 30 tonight with OT.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/player/_/stat/timeonice

He's a solid 3/4 and is being asked a lot right now. I appreciate what he does for us. If he sticks around for another contract (in his prime then), he will be an asset used properly once Griff and Pulock arrive and settle in.

Snapshotgoal

Feb 17, 2013
Tampa FL
Amac is leading the league in blocked shots - by ten, already.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/player/_/stat/defensive/sort/blockedShots

3rd in time on ice. Mostly because of injuries and inexperienced guys at 4/5/6. 27 minutes is a lot and he hit 30 tonight with OT.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/player/_/stat/timeonice

He's a solid 3/4 and is being asked a lot right now. I appreciate what he does for us. If he sticks around for another contract (in his prime then), he will be an asset used properly once Griff and Pulock arrive and settle in.

How solid was he when he solely caused the last Red Wing tying goal last night? His failed clearing attempt was pathetic; he panicked and slapped the puck carelessly which was stopped of course. Then he got shoved on his butt in the crease (in the way of Poulin) while flopping doing nothing as the puck deflected off his elbow into the net.

Amac is horrible and does more hurt than good for us. The sooner you realize this the better it is..

Let's go Islanders! Amac must go!

DeanCrandall

Jan 29, 2013
AMac must STAY

First off he's a victim of circumstances, forced to fill the role of Visnovsky (who makes 4.7 million compared to AMacs 500k ) So we all knows he plays more minutes then anyone. Why ? One because he can, two because he is a utility player, works PP, works PK and also works with Hamonic a our shutdown pairing against top lines.

So if not AMac, who fills this role ? Why isn't it Hamonic who makes $3.8 million ? Or would you prefer Carkner or Donovan to do this ?

Tired of the AMac haters, he's overworked and asked to do more then he has ever done or yes has the skill to do, but you want him gone, give your dam head a shake.
Yes he's a SOLID #3-4 defensemen. His plus-minus is minus -4. Those who have played more then half our games, we only have three guys with a positive plus minus. And yet he's logging all this ice time against # 1 lines many nights. When Vis returns, watch AMac improve as the workload lightens.

For 500k , he's a STEAL, ask any GM. We better sign him soon before someone else realizes his value.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
How solid was he when he solely caused the last Red Wing tying goal last night? His failed clearing attempt was pathetic; he panicked and slapped the puck carelessly which was stopped of course. Then he got shoved on his butt in the crease (in the way of Poulin) while flopping doing nothing as the puck deflected off his elbow into the net.

Is it really outside the realm of possibility that his lack of sharpness, especially late in games, is at least partly due to the fact that he's being asked to take on the same type of role that's usually reserved for the likes of a Weber/Chara/Keith?

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
I can't blam AMac. He's playing way above where his skill suggests he should. That's not an indictment on the kid though, Cappy is playing the hand he's dealt.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Is it really outside the realm of possibility that his lack of sharpness, especially late in games, is at least partly due to the fact that he's being asked to take on the same type of role that's usually reserved for the likes of a Weber/Chara/Keith?

He would be within his capabilities at about 18 minutes a night. He is being abused.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
AMac must STAY

First off he's a victim of circumstances, forced to fill the role of Visnovsky (who makes 4.7 million compared to AMacs 500k ) So we all knows he plays more minutes then anyone. Why ? One because he can, two because he is a utility player, works PP, works PK and also works with Hamonic a our shutdown pairing against top lines.

So if not AMac, who fills this role ? Why isn't it Hamonic who makes $3.8 million ? Or would you prefer Carkner or Donovan to do this ?

Tired of the AMac haters, he's overworked and asked to do more then he has ever done or yes has the skill to do, but you want him gone, give your dam head a shake.
Yes he's a SOLID #3-4 defensemen. His plus-minus is minus -4. Those who have played more then half our games, we only have three guys with a positive plus minus. And yet he's logging all this ice time against # 1 lines many nights. When Vis returns, watch AMac improve as the workload lightens.

For 500k , he's a STEAL, ask any GM. We better sign him soon before someone else realizes his value.

He was a gamble to sign a 4yr one way contract to. It worked out for both sides. He get financial security and earned a spot on the roster and developed well.

Now, he's pushy close to 28 mins a night on a Barrie blue line. He's wearing down, but GMs notice a minute eater that can step up when asked. He just has no supporting cast around him.

He'll get rewarded this offseason. I believe the Isles will retain him before the end of the season. Add Viz and another experienced NHL d-man and he'll be fine and worth the 3.5 mil per season he will get get at a minimum over a 4/5 yr deal.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home

All part of Snow's PLAN....don't get the depth....pretend you already HAVE IT. Hire a coach who won't TALK ABOUT IT, ban any media that will WRITE ABOUT IT and blame every loss on bad bounces and THE PLAYERS not working HAHD.:yo:

I like AMac on line 2 with two top notch defensemen eating up minutes. Hamonic also plays much better against second units. Scores more, as well!

But then I wake up.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
He was a gamble to sign a 4yr one way contract to. It worked out for both sides. He get financial security and earned a spot on the roster and developed well.

Now, he's pushy close to 28 mins a night on a Barrie blue line. He's wearing down, but GMs notice a minute eater that can step up when asked. He just has no supporting cast around him.

He'll get rewarded this offseason. I believe the Isles will retain him before the end of the season. Add Viz and another experienced NHL d-man and he'll be fine and worth the 3.5 mil per season he will get get at a minimum over a 4/5 yr deal.

I would like to know how big a priority MacDonald's extension is, seeing him struggle so badly this season.

Has anyone read or heard anything about an extension?

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
I would like to know how big a priority MacDonald's extension is, seeing him struggle so badly this season.

Has anyone read or heard anything about an extension?

I have not heard a thing. Which leads me to believe the Islanders are hesitant to give him a long term deal for big money, much like Moulson who's contract situation was ignored by the team while others were locked up.

Still i would be surprised if he wasn't resigned. Hopefully the terms will favor us as they should... MacDonald has done nothing to deserve a Hamonic type deal. He could still be useful as a bottom pairing guy in the future. If our kids pan out of course and push him down to the bottom pairing... a dream i know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad