Andrew MacDonald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
I would love to add Nikitin too, his size would be a big plus for the other smurfs. I don't know if we have a legit shot at him, but we could give him a fair offer and an opening in our top-4. Won't happen though.

I think Garth will be looking for a vet in a situation where a 1-2 year deal would be preferable. I like blinkman's suggestion of Derek Morris, but I don't know if he'd have any interest in us. That's why I think Garth has to trade for a top-4 d-man at the Draft. UFA's should be the frosting, the cake isn't even fully baked yet. We need a foundation piece on the blue line ASAP.

I think there is a strong potential match with Vancouver concerning Edler. He's not a Torts guy and he's having a down year. He may not be a true #1, we wouldn't need him to be. CdH and Hamonic is our shut down pairing and will play the toughest minutes as the already do. While technically the top pair, I feel confident in their ability. Visnovsky needs to be sheltered on the 2nd paring and Edler would give him a very capable partner. Reinhart could be sheltered on the 3rd pairing and should get PK time, I feel more confident that he would do a better job than our current PK defenders as we are last in the league. Hickey/Strait can be very capable 3rd pairing guys and may start out that way with Reinhart getting AHL time.

Offer them picks so they can start to replenish their prospect base. They're not getting our lottery pick, but a 1st round pick or two along with a B-level prospect should be about right in the value department. The Canucks get much needed salary cap relief in the process. It makes a lot of sense to me.

Edler has a NTC.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Maybe my memory is fading but when did I give him credit for spending to the floor?

In here..

...They already offered out about $11M on contracts to Vanek and AMac - money you would assume they are willing to spend elsewhere. They are without their 2015 1st, so you would also assume that they will do everything in their power to make sure that pick doesn't turn into Connor McDavid. Lastly, and most obviously, the raised cap floor.

If you want to believe that none of these things matter, and that they still won't spend - great. I'm just going to stop trying to convince you otherwise.

I am not beating you up over it either, but whether they spend 10 million on 1 player, or 2 million on 5 players, if the roster is still a grand total of "team salary minimum" at the start of the season then the following is true:
1) He is starving the club to save money,
2) has mailed in the season ahead of time.

I look forward to the day when this cycle ends. I see no reason to believe it won't end next season though. If anyone has tangible proof that it will change please present it because I feel like Sartre telling kids there is no Santa Claus. Tangible proof does not equal "A feeling in mah bones."

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Apparenty Edler in Vancouver is what AMac is too us here, plus he has a NTC.

No thanks.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Honestly, when it comes to AMac I would rather just try and get whatever picks we could for the guy.

Much rather not take on anyone else trash in return.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
In here..

I am not beating you up over it either, but whether they spend 10 million on 1 player, or 2 million on 5 players, if the roster is still a grand total of "team salary minimum" at the start of the season then the following is true:
1) He is starving the club to save money,
2) has mailed in the season ahead of time.

I look forward to the day when this cycle ends. I see no reason to believe it won't end next season though. If anyone has tangible proof that it will change please present it because I feel like Sartre telling kids there is no Santa Claus. Tangible proof does not equal "A feeling in mah bones."

I thought you were implying I was giving credit as in congratulating him for it.

He's cheap. We all know it. Doesn't change the fact that he'll be forced to spend, regardless of how little that $$ amount may be.

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013
Bumping this one up for the Flyer fans that are interested in Amacs play and how most Isle fans feel about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->