Injury Report: Andrew MacDonald out for 6 weeks (lower body injury)

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
They did it with Morin last year to begin the season. A week or two up to practice won’t affect him. Hextall doesn’t mean he can’t sit as an extra for a short time due to injury; he means long-term. He might still get a game or two in depending; maybe he makes a serious impression. It would mean he’s the next man up. They actually don’t really have anyone else. Alt was that guy last year, and he left.

To a place where the beer flows like wine, and the women flock like the salmon of Capistrano.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
giphy.gif

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
They did it with Morin last year to begin the season. A week or two up to practice won’t affect him. Hextall doesn’t mean he can’t sit as an extra for a short time due to injury; he means long-term. He might still get a game or two in depending; maybe he makes a serious impression. It would mean he’s the next man up. They actually don’t really have anyone else. Alt was that guy last year, and he left.
Fair enough. It would just make more sense to me to sit someone else if you are not comfortable playing Myers. But as we have seen, there are no sensible desisions with Hak as a coach.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Looking at the schedule for the games AMac may miss....how dumb is it that we play Vegas 2 times in our first 5 games, then never again the whole season. Just odd. And Colorado 2 times in our first 9.

They should try and have 1 in the first 41 games, the second in the 2nd half.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why would they sit him in the press box? If he is up his is going to play (at least in Hexy's mind).

Edit. There are other guys who can sit if they wan't Folin to play.

Edit2. And yeah that last part is a big fear and I 100% can see it happening.

You obviously haven't been following these people very long.
Gross exaggeration is their idea of 'objective thought.'

Most young players don't play big minutes for a couple years on any team, the exceptions tend to be top draft picks (top 10), players who've been well marinated in college and/or the AHL (Guentzel as a 22 year old rookie) and a few freaks who have high hockey IQs and arrive ready to play.

Provorov led the team in minutes as a 19 year old, Patrick played 16:38 in the playoffs, those are your top 10 picks.
Guys like Sanheim and Myers and TK will gradually increase their minutes year to year, like everywhere else in the NHL.

There is nothing exceptional about the way Hakstol/Hextall handle prospects.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If contracts weren't a thing I'd take Folin over Phaneuf and Forbort.

He's like Luke Schenn but actually good at hockey and skates well for what he is.

We'll see, but if he was really a #5, someone would have offered him a "real" contract, not barely above minimum wage.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
You obviously haven't been following these people very long.
Gross exaggeration is their idea of 'objective thought.'

Most young players don't play big minutes for a couple years on any team, the exceptions tend to be top draft picks (top 10), players who've been well marinated in college and/or the AHL (Guentzel as a 22 year old rookie) and a few freaks who have high hockey IQs and arrive ready to play.

Provorov led the team in minutes as a 19 year old, Patrick played 16:38 in the playoffs, those are your top 10 picks.
Guys like Sanheim and Myers and TK will gradually increase their minutes year to year, like everywhere else in the NHL.

There is nothing exceptional about the way Hakstol/Hextall handle prospects.

Not to be an ass, but just a hypothethical.

If all NHL clubs fired their coaches, and there was a "re-draft" of coaches so to speak. Where would Hak be selected? Not in the top half imho.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Myers will come up to sit in the press box, Folin will play in AMacs absence and then never come out of the lineup no matter what he does

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
We'll see, but if he was really a #5, someone would have offered him a "real" contract, not barely above minimum wage.
Tell me, did you have any idea who Folin was before getting signed?

I feel like not many people did, including myself when he signed here in LA.

Dean Lombardi pushed hard for him back when he was GM of the Kings. He's a damn good 3rd pairing D.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Not to be an ass, but just a hypothethical.

If all NHL clubs fired their coaches, and there was a "re-draft" of coaches so to speak. Where would Hak be selected? Not in the top half imho.

It depends how desperate Seattle is to have a winning culture established. If, say, they wanted to tank for the foreseeable to build up assets through the draft, they would select Wankstain with the 32nd pick in the coaching re-draft. Or if their owners hated the city of Seattle and wanted to make the people suffer. Otherwise, he would not be drafted at all and the last team to pick would choose one of their own guys to be a player/coach.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Tell me, did you have any idea who Folin was before getting signed?

I feel like not many people did, including myself when he signed here in LA.

Dean Lombardi pushed hard for him back when he was GM of the Kings. He's a damn good 3rd pairing D.

You'll have to excuse him - he is very, very high.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
He might be, but that's because there's a lot of really stupid GM's out there too. Ones who are dumb enough to like the same players Hakstol loves.
I dont think so. He's a bottom 5 coach in the league, and I think even the casual fans of other clubs can see that.

Edit: Although I do get your point about other GM's. A strong dinosaur culture runs strong.

Reactions: Striiker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad