Injury Report: Andrew MacDonald out for 6 weeks (lower body injury)

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
One could dare to wonder if Sanheim would have performed better in the playoffs had he been given the continued opportunity in the regular season to play and develop.

Varsity chose to play the known quantity in Manning, and by known - a piece of shit. He was so crucial to the team making the playoffs, he wasn’t even re-signed.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
1. I didn't say LOOK impartial. I said you think you ARE impartial.

2. Ok. Why are we discussing only Sanheim to AMac? How was Manning looking with his -4 in 4 games and no points? Benching him was not an option? And before you mention "Sanheim doesn't PK" again...Provy, Gudas, AMac and Hagg could still PK, right? You know, if Manning was removed.

3. Sure, context matters. But you only want GA to be put into context and mention nothing else. What about linemates? Do those not matter?

4. I think at times he struggled, at times he did not. He certainly was never our worst Dman.

5. Mediocre- "If you describe something as mediocre, you mean that it is of average quality but you think it should be better." Even if you say that's how he was playing, was no one playing bad? Reality is, he went up against who who was deployed against and with teammates he has no control over. And he played them even 5vs5. Looks like others are the ones that did not outplay the opponent.

If you say he did, I believe you. Who determines icetime? Who determines who plays against who? Was what we were doing, working? Was there any matchups we were winning? Maybe the change needed to be someone who was loosing the matchups and not one that was playing things even. Or is playing things even while being down 3 games to 1, a bad thing.

I look forward to your impartial response. Actually, don't bother. Your attempt to try and look impartial just makes you look dumb and that's not fair because you aren't.
1. Might want to read what you wrote again. It’s right off the bat in the quote of your post above my response.

2. Because I said AMac was the Flyers’ 2nd best defenseman in the playoffs, & multiple posters took offense to it & said Sanheim was.

3. I gave plenty of context — zone starts, QoC. If you want to keep making excuses for Sanheim (“Hakstol psyched him out into playing scared!” “Waah, he didn’t get to play with good enough teammates!”) go nuts. Just more fodder in the constant Sanheim excuse machine. Never his fault. Never his responsibility. The Flyers didn’t have a deep team. Sanheim got cherry picked minutes with a high offensive zone start % & the weakest competition of anyone on the team but Weise. But no. That’s not good enough. Apparently he needs to be paired with Provorov & play frequently with Couturier, too, or else it’s unfair to judge him.

4. I pretty much agree. Hard to say he was the worst d-man, & I never did, considering he didn’t have nearly the same responsibility as any of the others. He could not be the worst but still be the obvious choice to scratch, though, since he was mediocre at best, got a lot of sheltering, & doesn’t PK.

5. You’re assuming if Sanheim would’ve gotten Manning’s or Gudas’ minutes he would’ve been better. It’s pure conjecture, certainly not fact. Considering Sanheim was mediocre at best in extremely sheltered, much easier deployment, I’m not so sure. I will grant you that he would be hard pressed to do worse than Gudas in game 6, but are you really going to scratch RH, most PK minutes Gudas for Sanheim in an elimination game?

6. You still haven’t answered if you think Sanheim was more effective than AMac in the Pittsburgh series, unless I missed it.

joez86

Jan 20, 2006
It never ceases to amaze me how insecure some people are in their opinions. If you are certain of something, there should be no need to try to convince another person otherwise. Just let them "be wrong", and move on.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
1. Might want to read what you wrote again. It’s right off the bat in the quote of your post above my response.

2. Because I said AMac was the Flyers’ 2nd best defenseman in the playoffs, & multiple posters took offense to it & said Sanheim was.

3. I gave plenty of context — zone starts, QoC. If you want to keep making excuses for Sanheim (“Hakstol psyched him out into playing scared!” “Waah, he didn’t get to play with good enough teammates!”) go nuts. Just more fodder in the constant Sanheim excuse machine. Never his fault. Never his responsibility. The Flyers didn’t have a deep team. Sanheim got cherry picked minutes with a high offensive zone start % & the weakest competition of anyone on the team but Weise. But no. That’s not good enough. Apparently he needs to be paired with Provorov & play frequently with Couturier, too, or else it’s unfair to judge him.

4. I pretty much agree. Hard to say he was the worst d-man, & I never did, considering he didn’t have nearly the same responsibility as any of the others. He could not be the worst but still be the obvious choice to scratch, though, since he was mediocre at best, got a lot of sheltering, & doesn’t PK.

5. You’re assuming if Sanheim would’ve gotten Manning’s or Gudas’ minutes he would’ve been better. It’s pure conjecture, certainly not fact. Considering Sanheim was mediocre at best in extremely sheltered, much easier deployment, I’m not so sure. I will grant you that he would be hard pressed to do worse than Gudas in game 6, but are you really going to scratch RH, most PK minutes Gudas for Sanheim in an elimination game?

6. You still haven’t answered if you think Sanheim was more effective than AMac in the Pittsburgh series, unless I missed it.
No one poster said that!!!!

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Here you are. Did hagg play over Sanhiem in the Playoffs??????????????
Again, you are missing the forest for the trees. Trying to nitpick instead of understanding the obvious big picture of the point I was making.

Hagg was a healthy scratch for the first 4 games of the Flyers’ playoff series with Sanheim being selected over him.

Similarly, Hagg was a healthy scratch in the last 8 games of the regular season—which were crucial—with Sanheim playing over him.

And you want to focus on the fact that Hagg played 2 games and <24 mins total vs. Sanheim getting the starting nod, playing 4 games, and 62 minutes in the series as evidence that “Hagg played over Sanheim.” You’re trying to nitpick as if it disproves my obvious broader point.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Again, you are missing the forest for the trees. Trying to nitpick instead of understanding the obvious big picture of the point I was making.

Hagg was a healthy scratch for the first 4 games of the Flyers’ playoff series with Sanheim being selected over him.

Similarly, Hagg was a healthy scratch in the last 8 games of the regular season—which were crucial—with Sanheim playing over him.

And you want to focus on the fact that Hagg played 2 games and <24 mins total vs. Sanheim getting the starting nod, playing 4 games, and 62 minutes in the series as evidence that “Hagg played over Sanheim.” You’re trying to nitpick as if it disproves my obvious broader point.
Again you are a fool. I am not nitpicking. you constantly post BS that is not true and incorrect. If you were being sarcastic fine. The answer was a yes or no. Your statement was done so to imply people were wrong and that you knew better. its in every one of your post. Clearly a sign of a lack of objectivity or intelligence. Your Choose. funny cause you still coudnt answer yet again simple question.

Hagg should have not played over sanhiem at the end of the season. it would have been a poor coaching decision to do so

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
giphy.gif

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
What happened exactly? Was Neuvirth anywhere near AMac when it happened?

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
MacDonald giving back to the Flyers finally after getting his payday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad