Injury Report: Andrew MacDonald out for 6 weeks (lower body injury)

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
We had one of the best d-prospect pools years ago, it'll be on year 3 and somehow we still will have 3 blah NHL players.

Any normal team would have Provorov/Myers/Ghost/Sanheim/Gudas marked down. Not this coach...

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Six weeks from what date? If it happened a few days ago, he will only miss one or two weeks of the season probably. They won’t change plans with Myers for one or two weeks. That’s why you sign a 7th defenseman. Maybe Myers gets to sit in the press box though and make some extra cash.

My totally realistic expectation is Hakstol plays Folin for a handful of games, falls in love with dat heaviness, and MacDonald comes back in for Sanheim.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Six weeks from what date? If it happened a few days ago, he will only miss one or two weeks of the season probably. They won’t change plans with Myers for one or two weeks. That’s why you sign a 7th defenseman. Maybe Myers gets to sit in the press box though and make some extra cash.

My totally realistic expectation is Hakstol plays Folin for a handful of games, falls in love with dat heaviness, and MacDonald comes back in for Sanheim.

Why do you torture me so...

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018

Meh. But you’re probably right. I could see Frolin being Haks next man crush. We really need a new coaching staff.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Meh. But you’re probably right. I could see Frolin being Haks next man crush. We really need a new coaching staff.

I’d personally like that to happen before Hart establishes himself.

Watch Varsity ride him for 70 games and then mention that “injuries are a part of the game” in a interview.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Why do you torture me so...

Ulswrjl.gif

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland

Why would they sit him in the press box? If he is up his is going to play (at least in Hexy's mind).

Edit. There are other guys who can sit if they wan't Folin to play.

Edit2. And yeah that last part is a big fear and I 100% can see it happening.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Time to Wally Pipp him.

Time to Billy Martin his dumb ass. Fire Hakstok.

Striiker, Billy Martin was the manager of the Yankees about three decades before you were born. He was fired something like four times by George Steinbrenner, the evil fat bastard who used to own the Yankees, and re-hired as soon as they started to struggle again.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Filppula too. Poor bastard.

Realistically Hextall seems married to him. The team - unless a rash of injuries occurs, is probably on an upward trajectory simply because of the continued infusion of better talent.

Varsity has a lock on that HC job. Hextall has done a lot of good, but his handling of the coaching staff is a flaw. They let Mullen go, to get a "fresh approach" by all acounts. I didnt really see some drastically new PP last season.

Reactions: Rebels57

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Why would they sit him in the press box? If he is up his is going to play (at least in Hexy's mind).

Edit. There are other guys who can sit if they wan't Folin to play.

They did it with Morin last year to begin the season. A week or two up to practice won’t affect him. Hextall doesn’t mean he can’t sit as an extra for a short time due to injury; he means long-term. He might still get a game or two in depending; maybe he makes a serious impression. It would mean he’s the next man up. They actually don’t really have anyone else. Alt was that guy last year, and he left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad