Confirmed with Link: Andrew Ladd UFA- 7yrs/ 5.5 AAV

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
zGHQb4O.gif

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I just ran into Charles Barkley on the street . Only had time for 1 quick question. I asked what were his thought on Andrew Ladd ?

His response , " Tirrible, just Tirrible."

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I still think he should be on the second line with Barzal and Eberle.

He's got the shot to score 20+, but he needs the ice time and proper deployment.

Plus, him and Eberle looked like they've been linemates for years on that 2 on 1 the other night.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I still think he should be on the second line with Barzal and Eberle.

He's got the shot to score 20+, but he needs the ice time and proper deployment.

Plus, him and Eberle looked like they've been linemates for years on that 2 on 1 the other night.
It's a great second line, just keep the top 6 as is.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Ladd has been fine, much better than he was last year, and is really helping Barzal. I have no problem with him on this team or on the second line. He'll be bought out after year 5 anyway.

But to think he's a liability or hurting this team in any way is foolish.

Ladd can't be bought out, unless the buyout rules change.

Well, he can, but there's nearly no cap savings.

Andrew Ladd Buyout - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Ladd can't be bought out, unless the buyout rules change.

Well, he can, but there's nearly no cap savings.

Andrew Ladd Buyout - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Oh yikes, didn't realize how bad the first year or two could be in a cap hit. Well, maybe he retires. Power forwards don't usually play till their 36 anyway.

Either way, I'm not worried about him in the short term. He's been extremely important to Barzal's development.

Reactions: dood

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
He's been a nice fit with #13 and Ebs this year. His skating and effort have improved and his big body presence makes room for #13 to find openings.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI and dood

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Ladd gets put back on the second line with Barzal and Eberle and Barzal gets a three point night with Ladd and Eberle also getting a point.

This needs to stay the second line, just like Lee-Tavares-Bailey just works as a first line.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI and dood

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Ladd gets put back on the second line with Barzal and Eberle and Barzal gets a three point night with Ladd and Eberle also getting a point.

This needs to stay the second line, just like Lee-Tavares-Bailey just works as a first line.

Completely agree

Also a little food for thought

Kyle Okposo 16 games, 2 G, 5A, -10

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
The numbers aren't really there to support his cap hit, but he's passing the eye test for me. Good chemistry with the second, solid in his own end, plays hard. He looks good out there IMO. Goals and assists will come if he keeps this up.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Completely agree

Also a little food for thought

Kyle Okposo 16 games, 2 G, 5A, -10

solid Numbers compared to Matt Moulson, I am curious if the Sabre fans have any resentment towards the Islanders like they duped them into giving these guys these massive contracts

I am hoping Okposo and Moulson sent JT a nice 7 Figure check as a gratitude for the contracts they got

Reactions: Costigan77

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
The numbers aren't really there to support his cap hit, but he's passing the eye test for me. Good chemistry with the second, solid in his own end, plays hard. He looks good out there IMO. Goals and assists will come if he keeps this up.

Yep, eye test is good. I look at Atkinson getting the same deal as Ladd and I get annoyed sure, but last night he played very well with Barzal. His shot is still lethal too, thought he was going to score off the rush for sure.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yep, eye test is good. I look at Atkinson getting the same deal as Ladd and I get annoyed sure, but last night he played very well with Barzal. His shot is still lethal too, thought he was going to score off the rush for sure.

Ladd has been a good 3rd wheel to the Barzal-Eberle combo. Barzal's ability to possess the puck and playmaking ability to set up his wingers is a perfect fit for both Eberle who is opportunistic and Ladd who plays a pretty honest game. Ladd has a really good shot, good things happen when he gets looks at the net... he'll get plenty of chances with Barzy flying all over the place.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Moulson has the Bluto Blutarski stat line
12 games - 0 . 0

Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Ladd clearly was affected by his injury last year. His skating has looked substantially better this year. Also, he is producing respectable numbers currently AND has traditionally been a second half player. I'm expecting 50+ point this year.

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
Ladd clearly was affected by his injury last year. His skating has looked substantially better this year. Also, he is producing respectable numbers currently AND has traditionally been a second half player. I'm expecting 50+ point this year.

You must be listening to track 11 on The Division Bell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad