Confirmed with Link: Andrew Ladd UFA- 7yrs/ 5.5 AAV

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Done for the year.

Is this the worst Isles signing in the last 10 years?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
He obviously did this somehow off the ice. This will be interesting to hear how this one happened.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Didn’t he get hurt last game...?

If he did I must have missed it. I actually had my daughter smash her head into the dining room table a short time after the 2nd goal so I did miss some of the last few minutes. So if it occurred it had to have been late

Reactions: Strait2thecup

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
He couldn’t skate before this injury. Imagine him on 2 bad wheels? Time for Ladder to retire.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He's looking like a potential LTIR candidate like Lupul or Robidas were. Lou made them disappear, maybe he can for Ladd also. It's too bad, but clearly the guy is just not able to stay healthy and play at the NHL level anymore.

Reactions: Nassau Revisited

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Speedy Recovery, hope MDC is ready, unless goodness forbid we bring up JHS.

Lamoriello already said nobody else is being called up. I would assume MDC is in. So assuming Hickey isn’t inserted back in this is the lineup they had now during the best stretch of the season minus Fillpulla who will be back for round 1 almost for sure.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Never ever wish injury on anyone. Hope he has a full recovery. He’s been an injury magnet though. This one is a tough one. ACL is no joke.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Feel bad for him.
Amen. This signing obviously hasn't worked out which sucks for us. But it sucks for him too. He was a top notch NHL'er who signed a big deal, moves to a new city and it just hasn't panned out - even when he was healthy. That has to be really frustrating. Now, he's got a lot of money to pay for therapy so I'm not losing any sleep over the plight of Andrew Ladd. But its too bad it hasn't worked out for everyone. We certainly could have used the Andrew Ladd we thought we were getting.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

crasherino

May 9, 2013
At one point or another he should just retire so he can walk after his career is over.
I was kind of resistant to this school of thought a week or two ago when folks were talking about him going on LTIR or simply retiring to save the cap hit. But adding an ACL tear to his back and previous knee problems is really piling it on.

These guys are elite athletes whose bodies are at a level beyond what ours are but there comes a point where they simply can't do what they need to in order to compete. We'll see what happens as far as his recovery but I suspect the point you are making is a consideration fairly soon.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Lamoriello already said nobody else is being called up. I would assume MDC is in. So assuming Hickey isn’t inserted back in this is the lineup they had now during the best stretch of the season minus Fillpulla who will be back for round 1 almost for sure.
So with this interview, he pretty much marks the end of the season (if not the career with the Islanders) of both Ladd AND JHS.

I'm not in the business of second guessing Lou and Barry - they've forgotten more about hockey than I'll ever know. I still wish there was a way that JHS could have been brought along and put in a position to succeed more than he had been. But I guess that's ultimately on him.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
So with this interview, he pretty much marks the end of the season (if not the career with the Islanders) of both Ladd AND JHS.

I'm not in the business of second guessing Lou and Barry - they've forgotten more about hockey than I'll ever know. I still wish there was a way that JHS could have been brought along and put in a position to succeed more than he had been. But I guess that's ultimately on him.

JHS might be back one more time because it’s inevitable someone will get hurt if we go 2 rounds or more in the playoffs

thegoldenyear

RIP Mike Bossy
May 13, 2013
Toronto
Nnnnoooo, our TDL forward pick-up!

Don’t sleep on those depth adds, Louis; otherwise you might need to recall the pariah Ho-Sang at some point.

I liked Ladd a fair bit during his prime, but we sure got table scraps in his case. It’s been a frustrating marriage to be sure. One of Garth’s get/keep-playmates-for-JT thing that hasn’t aged well.

Reactions: periferal

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
If Ladd winds up on LTIR next season and the Isles essentially get his contract off the books I want someone to PROVE to me that Lou didn't have a hand in Ladd "tearing his ACL."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad