Confirmed with Link: Andrew Ladd UFA- 7yrs/ 5.5 AAV

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
We need both Ladd and Chimera to pick up right where they left off.

We need both to do what they did in the second half of the season right from the get-go.

In addition, they now both belong to the players who are among the tougher guys on the team. Sad, but true.

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
Would love to see Barzal centering Ladd, just feeding him all day. 20+ goals easy

I agree with this.
As of today I see these lines and am honestly totally fine with them, which is not to say I'm not open to Duchene.

LEE- JT- EBERLE
LADD-BARZAL-BAILS
CHIMERA-NELSON-JHS
KULE-ZEEK-CLUTTERBUCK

More than anything, I think we need the best frickin faceoff coach alive.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I agree with this.
As of today I see these lines and am honestly totally fine with them, which is not to say I'm not open to Duchene.

LEE- JT- EBERLE
LADD-BARZAL-BAILS
CHIMERA-NELSON-JHS
KULE-ZEEK-CLUTTERBUCK

where are you putting Beauvillier? I do like the Ladd/Barzal/Bailey line though. I'm not sure if its ideal to have that as our second line, but its a good line. Of course, if we somehow traded for Duchene and the Barzal line becomes our 3rd line and we roll with a Nelson/Duchene/JHS line (if Tito is included in a deal), I'd be much happier.

Beauvillier (or Nelson), MDC and picks for Duchene? Wouldn't be happy about including Tito in the deal, but you gotta give to get.

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
I agree with this.

LEE- JT- EBERLE
LADD-BARZAL-BAILS
CHIMERA-NELSON-JHS
KULE-ZEEK-CLUTTERBUCK

Few things I would change:

Bailey to line 3
JHS to line 2
Chimera to line 4
Kule becomes extra forward

Lee Jt Eberle (easy choice for me)
Ladd Barzal JHS (Ladds shot, Barzal playmaking, JHS explosiveness)
Nelson Beau Bailey (Feel like Bailey and Beau will have good chemistry while Nelson unloads his shot)
Chimera CC Clutterbuck

Nelson and Beau can be switched if we want the size at center...I just feel like Beau really did well towards the end of the season at C. I think this gives us 3 balanced lines with a 4 line that can also contribute.

Not everyone will agree, just my idea.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011

Bailey to line 3
JHS to line 2
Chimera to line 4

Nelson Beau Bailey (Feel like Bailey and Beau will have good chemistry while Nelson unloads his shot)
Chimera CC Clutterbuck

Nelson and Beau can be switched if we want the size at center...I just feel like Beau really did well towards the end of the season at C. I think this gives us 3 balanced lines with a 4 line that can also contribute.

Exactly how I would line it up, if we go with Barzal and don't acquire a legit 2C.

Also, people need to stop saying "Too early for Barzal to be 2C." Fact is, if he is relied on, and you have Ladd-Barzal-JHS and Nelson-Beau-Bailey as your middle 6 lines, you could make the arguments the 3rd line would be used more frequently than the 2nd. So of course we don't have the legit #2 player behind JT, but we have 2 middle 6 lines that will be able to bring it.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY

Bailey to line 3
JHS to line 2
Chimera to line 4

Chimera CC Clutterbuck

This isn't directed at you per se, but why does everyone on here slot Barzal as the 2C?

He has done little to prove he can take that. I glad he lit up juniors again this year as one of the older players. If he is the 2C to start the season, this team is in for a long year. He should be the 2C on Bridgeport to start the season

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Exactly how I would line it up, if we go with Barzal and don't acquire a legit 2C.

Also, people need to stop saying "Too early for Barzal to be 2C." Fact is, if he is relied on, and you have Ladd-Barzal-JHS and Nelson-Beau-Bailey as your middle 6 lines, you could make the arguments the 3rd line would be used more frequently than the 2nd. So of course we don't have the legit #2 player behind JT, but we have 2 middle 6 lines that will be able to bring it.

Just to use your argument, you are now limiting minutes of two of your better offensive pieces, Ladd and Ho-Sang.

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
where are you putting Beauvillier? I do like the Ladd/Barzal/Bailey line though. I'm not sure if its ideal to have that as our second line, but its a good line. Of course, if we somehow traded for Duchene and the Barzal line becomes our 3rd line and we roll with a Nelson/Duchene/JHS line (if Tito is included in a deal), I'd be much happier.

Beauvillier (or Nelson), MDC and picks for Duchene? Wouldn't be happy about including Tito in the deal, but you gotta give to get.

Tito was a brain cramp. He or Nelson seem to have value in a package with Pulock plus for Duchene.
I prefer sending Nelson, as I like Tito + JHS.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
This isn't directed at you per se, but why does everyone on here slot Barzal as the 2C?

He has done little to prove he can take that. I glad he lit up juniors again this year as one of the older players. If he is the 2C to start the season, this team is in for a long year. He should be the 2C on Bridgeport to start the season

Agree with this...this is eerily similar to those saying that Donovan would replace Streit. You would think folks have learned by now that penciling a rookie into a 2C is silliness.

A year from now queue those same people saying, "Snow destroyed Barzal's confidence by giving him big minutes too early".

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Lee - JT - Eberle
Ladd - Barzal - Ho-Sang
Nelson - Beauvillier - Bailey
Chimera- Cizikas - Clutter

Barzal and Ho-Sang like to do similar things with the puck so you could always switch JHS and Eberle.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
I would love for Barzal to actually establish himself as a NHL player vs the hot garbage he was last year after all the hype of him being ready to takeover the #2 C spot...

Hot garbage ? Lol He played 2 games... Little harsh for a 2 game stint. As far as I'm concerned he wasn't even in the NHL at all last year lol This year we get an idea of what we have.

Last edited:

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
I agree with this.

LEE- JT- EBERLE
LADD-BARZAL-BAILS
CHIMERA-NELSON-JHS
KULE-ZEEK-CLUTTERBUCK

Good lines, only changes I'd make is drop chimera down to 4LW and remove kulie for Beau to play 3LW.

Yes FOs are a concern.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
I would love for Barzal to actually establish himself as a NHL player vs the hot garbage he was last year after all the hype of him being ready to takeover the #2 C spot...

exactly. Beau is a much better option right now, for 2C. still, i would prefer a more experienced guy there.

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
That's an awefully steep price to pay for Duchene particularly when the price would seemingly be going down.

Bear in mind that Joe doesn't just want futures.

Nelson is a multiple 20 goal scorer who doesn't win face offs at a great clip. He's not old, he's reasonably priced, and he'll be an RFA next year. Almost perfect to slot in on a rebuilding team. He has time to round into a good middle 6 center.

Pulock is the guy that most fits - however imperfectly- what Sakic covets, unless you think, in his place, Pelech plus a great pick gets it done; I don't.

My point is that I think we're not an ideal fit in this situation. Seems unlikely we can pry MD away without paying a good deal. But if we did, I'd expect a nice rebound from him and would happily move Barzal down the roster.

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
And, fwiw, I understand that Brock is a similar age to MD. However, I also strongly believe that there's a possibility for a bigger deal whereby CO can shed some salary during these lean years. Again, not sure we're a great fit there.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Just to use your argument, you are now limiting minutes of two of your better offensive pieces, Ladd and Ho-Sang.

Ladd and Ho-Sang would both get PP and enough ice time.

Assume full game at even strength, you could roll Line 1 18 minutes, Line 2 16 minutes, Line 3 16 minutes, Line 4 10 minutes.

Obviously an unfair assumption but rolling 2 good offensive lines 15-16 minutes a night AFTER your top line would be a pro, not a con.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Agree with this...this is eerily similar to those saying that Donovan would replace Streit. You would think folks have learned by now that penciling a rookie into a 2C is silliness.

A year from now queue those same people saying, "Snow destroyed Barzal's confidence by giving him big minutes too early".

Donovan and Barzal were never in the same stratosphere. Also, Donovan replacing Streit would be a young guy replacing our ebst dman. Barzal would be replacing Nelson/BEauvillier/whoever the hell our 2nd line C was last year.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
Hot garbage ? Lol He played 2 games... Little harsh for a 2 game stint. As far as I'm concerned he wasn't even in the NHL at all last year lol This year we get an idea of what we have.

He was hot garbage - he was given an opportunity after all the summer hype of making the team and earning a spot as it's #2C.

He was terrible, hence, why he was sent down. I would argue 'this year' he has matured and hopefully he can play at the NHL level bc it was obvious last year he wasn't ready.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY

Hahahahah if he stinks it up----yes this will be the rhetoric on these boards

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
He was hot garbage - he was given an opportunity after all the summer hype of making the team and earning a spot as it's #2C.

He was terrible, hence, why he was sent down. I would argue 'this year' he has matured and hopefully he can play at the NHL level bc it was obvious last year he wasn't ready.

Some sensibility. I have read arguments that when Tavares leaves he will pick up the slack.

Thank you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad