Player Discussion: Andrei Vasilevskiy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Andrei Vasilevskiy added to NHL All-Star Game Roster
Vasilevskiy will be making his third-straight All-Star Game appearance and third overall for his career.

Vasilevskiy's three All-Star Game selections are the most-ever by a Tampa Bay goaltender, surpassing Nikolai Khabibulin's two appearances in 2002 and 2003.

With Vasilevskiy's inclusion in the League's showcase, the Lightning will have multiple participants at the All-Star Game for the sixth-consecutive season.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
All it took was a few weeks of work! :laugh: His save percentage jumped up to .915 in just a few weeks and now he's an all-star.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Vasilevskiy stats.jpg

Shown during the coverage for the Winnipeg game.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He did cough it up pretty bad last game, good thing LA is so inept at scoring they couldn't hit an empty net off a goalie giveaway.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Something that flies under the radar is just how f***ing good Vasy is in shootouts. I'm almost never worried when the game gets to that stage.

He's got an 0.853 save percentage coupled with a 14-4 record. That's good for second all time (SA >40), 0.001 behind the leader - Marc Denis (LOL). Denis only had 41 shots against him in shootouts in his career.

Outside of those 2, only 1 other goalie is even above 0.800 - Khudobin at 0.814.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Speak for yourself. It makes me proud. We have a strong meme game.

I am and those are just horrible attempts, there are like 20 different things you could bring up about Andersen before his hair color or jersey number.... this just screams someone trying way too hard to be funny:facepalm:

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
I am and those are just horrible attempts, there are like 20 different things you could bring up about Andersen before his hair color or jersey number.... this just screams someone trying way too hard to be funny:facepalm:
Well the ginger thing seems like a South Park reference

edit: I didn’t “get it” or find it particularly funny but that’s the case with most of the meme stuff people post in here

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
The Virgin vs. Chad meme is supposed to make the Chad look better in like an ironic way, not like that. Vasi would most likely be the Virgin in that scenario, with like Bobrovsky being the Chad for sucking ass all season but still sweeping us or something.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Something that flies under the radar is just how ****ing good Vasy is in shootouts. I'm almost never worried when the game gets to that stage.

He's got an 0.853 save percentage coupled with a 14-4 record. That's good for second all time (SA >40), 0.001 behind the leader - Marc Denis (LOL). Denis only had 41 shots against him in shootouts in his career.

Outside of those 2, only 1 other goalie is even above 0.800 - Khudobin at 0.814.

He only had a few shots he had to face but Denis was a God at Shootouts. Once we got to that point I knew it was 2 points in the bank because I knew we could count on him for 3 saves (because God knows that seemed to be the most he could make at a given time) and Brad Richards would storm in and rope one to the back of the net and it was "Let's go home boys"

Then once we got Mike Smith I knew I could turn the game off because I knew we were gonna lose. I think in 2008 alone we lost like 7 shootouts

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Seen on Reddit:

4s656ni8lmd41.jpg

The Hughes/Kakko one was better

And as of now Vasy is FINALLY playing like he is worth every penny of that $9.5 million we're gonna be paying him. I think DFC is right.... there was something wrong with him earlier and I agree it's an injury or something we were not told about

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
The Hughes/Kakko one was better

And as of now Vasy is FINALLY playing like he is worth every penny of that $9.5 million we're gonna be paying him. I think DFC is right.... there was something wrong with him earlier and I agree it's an injury or something we were not told about
Um...I pointed out he had an injury to his glove side like back in late October. I think only Brother Cash only agreed with me and everyone else called me crazy. He couldn't pinch that one side or hug that post for a while. So many goals went in over his shoulder on that side.

I saw this through the Charts. Back then no one believed. Now, people slowly are believing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad