Player Discussion: Andrei Vasilevskiy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
goalies are tricky has teams won a cup with a bad goalie YEP so is hope he just needs to do the deed at the right time...

now hes shown signs of improving ..... maybe will play better as has been rest of year.... id like to think so....

goalies heads are or have to be one of the most miserable things in world when doing badly..... he has not lost his confidence and he puts more pressure or probably too much on himself overall:) imho he will be fine moving forward and start putting up wins and stats we are happy with

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
Andrei Vasilevskiy is the latest Lightning goalie to struggle under coach Frantz Jean

Thoughts? It's concerning our 9.5m goalie has been average to below average in some advanced stats 3 out of 4 years. It's pretty obvious we could use some new blood coaching wise for the goalies. This was a discussion years ago, and he's still here..

On another note, I know we have the 18 y/o in the pipeline, but the Ingram kid we traded away is having a nice year in Nashville system, 0.931/2.06. We got a 7th rounder for him..

Last edited:
Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
Andrei Vasilevskiy is the latest Lightning goalie to struggle under coach Frantz Jean

Thoughts? It's concerning our 9.5m goalie has been average to below average in some advanced stats 3 out of 4 years. It's pretty obvious we could use some new blood coaching wise for the goalies. This was a discussion years ago, and he's still here..

On another note, I know we have the 18 y/o in the pipeline, but the Ingram kid we traded away is having a nice year in Nashville system, 0.931/2.06. We got a 7th rounder for him..

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

It's weird how this comes back the first time the Lightning have a real goaltending problem in about five years.

I know, "but charts," but he kind of lost me when he said Vasilevskiy has under-performed in every season except last season. I'm just not buying that. This is the first time it's seemed like Vasy hasn't met expectations over a long stretch of games. And, prior to Vasy, Ben Bishop was about as rock-solid as it gets, outside of the year he knew we were trading him. But he was our MVP one year until he, dun dun dun, got hurt around the All Star break.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

No one should ever doubt my meme powers again! I told you guys I'd bring back the fire Frantz Jean meme back, and here we are.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida

All I needed to hear.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
No one should ever doubt my meme powers again! I told you guys I'd bring back the fire Frantz Jean meme back, and here we are.

better off letting him stay until we fire cooper then let the new coach bring in a goalie coach. Guy I wouldn’t mind hiring next is Roloson great former goalie and I think he coach with the ducks more recently.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Eh. Idk. I remember the fire Frantz was big when we had Lindback and Roloson and Garon and them. Not exactly stellar goalies. It all went away when we got Bishop and Vasy, two pretty damn good goalies. Now that Vasy is struggling, its crept back up again.

Not sure. Seems more reactionary to me than anything. Vasys mental game needs help the most I think. Dude is stressed. You can see it in his big sighs. Doesnt have the eye of the tiger anymore.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
While it's definitely more the inherent talent than anything can anyone really point to any actual positive impact Frantz Jean makes? You always hear glowing things about Mitch Korn and goalies overperforming under him. Why are we settling for what we've got?

It's a bit disappointing that he hasn't really been helping Vasi much with this bad stretch. I thought it was damning when Roloson struggled and pointed out he snapped out of it by returning to his own routine instead of what Jean was teaching him to do.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
While it's definitely more the inherent talent than anything can anyone really point to any actual positive impact Frantz Jean makes? You always hear glowing things about Mitch Korn and goalies overperforming under him. Why are we settling for what we've got?

It's a bit disappointing that he hasn't really been helping Vasi much with this bad stretch. I thought it was damning when Roloson struggled and pointed out he snapped out of it by returning to his own routine instead of what Jean was teaching him to do.

We really have no idea on any of this. For all we know he's the only reason Vasy isn't posting .850.

We've had Vezina caliber goaltending for 5 or 6 years now. If Jean doesn't get credit for that, I'm not sure how it's his fault when a goalie stumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad