Player Discussion: Andrei Vasilevskiy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Vasi is killing me in fantasy hockey, he's easily been the worst player statistically on my team. Not what I expected when I picked him early in the 2nd round of 3 different pools. I still have confidence that he turns it around, but time is running out.

I'd be best team in my league if it was not for vasy I regret picking him in round two

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
What's the difference between Vasy and a broken vacuum cleaner? Vasy sucks.
tenor.gif

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Vasilevskiy can’t handle a lick of pressure I think it’s due to he signed that massive contract and he is working and thinking to hard! He needs to relax and get back to a simple game!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Lol just think if we didn’t sign him to an extension this past summer and let him go become a RFA ? Would we have gotten a better deal ? Maybe 6 years for 7.5 Avv!

Reactions: ultra63

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I respect everyone and every opinions, but I think that the money is the dumbest "excuse" I've ever heard.
I don't know why you don't want to accept he's a human being like us.
As a human being, he could have a couple of months off.
But, for this reason, the coaching staff has to figure out the situation and solve it.
3-4 consecutive with McElhinney could be a good start...

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I mean it's been all season he's been off. I don't know if we can correlate the new contract with how he is playing. He's either hurt or something is mentally wrong. He just needs to sit for a few games and get right.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I respect everyone and every opinions, but I think that the money is the dumbest "excuse" I've ever heard.
I don't know why you don't want to accept he's a human being like us.
As a human being, he could have a couple of months off.
But, for this reason, the coaching staff has to figure out the situation and solve it.
3-4 consecutive with McElhinney could be a good start...
"Couple of months off" is simply unacceptable for a goalie who we just signed for 9.5 million.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Letsgobolts21

Apr 19, 2019
Well first off, he''s not playing under the 9.5 contract right now-he's a 3.5M GK this season--and perhaps playing like it. Sure if he plays this way through even 25% of that contact period that sucks, but GKs are no different than any other player-they go through slumps.

But GK slumps are obviously more damaging. This is probably the worst I've seen him over a prolonged period, but the hope--and goal BTW is to play your best hockey down the stretch. Yes if this is prolonged and they miss the playoffs, being red hot in April won't matter-but we are not there yet.

I would definitely sit him for a bit---we held Kuch accountable and same for Joseph. Don't think we should give Vasy a pass.

On the bright side-that was probably the best we've played all season.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Well first off, he''s not playing under the 9.5 contract right now-he's a 3.5M GK this season--and perhaps playing like it. Sure if he plays this way through even 25% of that contact period that sucks, but GKs are no different than any other player-they go through slumps.

But GK slumps are obviously more damaging. This is probably the worst I've seen him over a prolonged period, but the hope--and goal BTW is to play your best hockey down the stretch. Yes if this is prolonged and they miss the playoffs, being red hot in April won't matter-but we are not there yet.

I would definitely sit him for a bit---we held Kuch accountable and same for Joseph. Don't think we should give Vasy a pass.

On the bright side-that was probably the best we've played all season.
If we could harness the perpetual motion of my eye rolling right now into energy, we as a planet would not longer need fossil fuels.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
If we could harness the perpetual motion of my eye rolling right now into energy, we as a planet would not longer need fossil fuels.

Exactly. Might as say he is making 9.5 since he's going to make it regardless of when it starts. We just have to hope this isn't who he is and what we've seen previously is who he is. Just hope he comes back this season. No way we go anywhere in the playoffs if this is our goaltending.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Well, yeah. A goalie as inconsistent as Vasy is not worth 9.5 million.
First of all, we've to say that Vasy's salary is not 9.5M this year.
So, if we want to talk about his play related to the salary he earns, we've to say that, this year Vasy earns 3.5M.
When he'll earn 9.5, we'll talk about it.
Btw, every athletes have their moments/seasons off. Look at Ronaldo that, last year, has scored only one time, in the first 7 Champions League games. It's only one example: we've many others to write.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
First of all, we've to say that Vasy's salary is not 9.5M this year.
So, if we want to talk about his play related to the salary he earns, we've to say that, this year Vasy earns 3.5M.
When he'll earn 9.5, we'll talk about it.
Btw, every athletes have their moments/seasons off. Look at Ronaldo that, last year, has scored only one time, in the first 7 Champions League games. It's only one example: we've many others to write.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
94E2D596-1675-4233-B83F-9CDA700F3E5A.png
Vasy has sucked for sure but I feel like we don’t play defense to his strenghts.

The chart might look like great defense but honestly all the shots are coming from exactly where Vasy is the weakest.

I’m at least personally way more confident in Vasy saving shots from right in front of the net.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I mean it's been all season he's been off. I don't know if we can correlate the new contract with how he is playing. He's either hurt or something is mentally wrong. He just needs to sit for a few games and get right.

My first thought is some kind of injury, which is leading to a confidence issue. I feel like both might be going on. He's not pushing off very well. We're not seeing those crazy quick legs, and we saw those literally every game last year.

I don't think we can rule out the money, but I don't think we can jump to that conclusion either.

Reactions: CupsOverCash
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad