Rumor: Andrei Markov wants to return to the NHL next season, preferably with the Canadiens

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Sure, waste another year using old players. Fans will love that.
Of all the reasons fans have not to be thrilled about the direction of the team, Markov taking Benn's place on LD isn't close to being one of them.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Agreed,Habs missed the playoffs by very few points last year. Every game counts.
Had the Habs made the playoffs last year instead of Columbus, Tampa might have won the cup, and maybe we wouldn't have had Cole Caufield... The Habs are nowhere close to contending. Let them get great assets for the near future, since that, at least, is starting to look real good.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Markov should have never left in the first place, especially with no young guns to replace him, there was no reason to let him go. Not that we should sign him today, he should go to a contender and fill a PP quarterback position

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Markov should have never left in the first place, especially with no young guns to replace him, there was no reason to let him go. Not that we should sign him today, he should go to a contender and fill a PP quarterback position

If a 2019-20 Andrei Markov is your PP quarterback, I don't think your team is a contender.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Mere, Chiarot, or Kulak should not sit to play Markov. He was a great Hab but it’s time to move on.

The PP can be fixed without Markov.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Welp. Lol. Thats just a bunch of lies. He was just as good as Weber in his last season. The fact he got burned by faster player doesnt make him bad, just like it doesnt make Weber bad.
What? Markov played second pairing with petry for 75% of that season, when he finally got moved to first pairing he suddenly looked "fatigued".

I love Markov, one of my all time favorite Habs, but he was a different player than Weber, and not as good (in 16-17). No way he could carry a top pairing with a partner of emelins caliber for 3/4 of the season like Weber did. No way.

Reactions: Sick Nuzuki

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Markov made his bed he had an offer of 1 year but wanted more end of story now the Habs as moved on.

Reactions: Habby4Life

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
there was no reason to let him go
He walked away like a cry baby because he got his feelings hurt. All he needed to do is hire an agent and it would have gotten done (chances would have been much better anyway) but he was to dumb to do so.

Lots of respect for Markov but he let the fans down by playing dumb and only has himself to blame.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
So much facepalm in this thread...I can’t believe the lack of respect from some fans for one of the greatest Habs defensemen in history.

Last edited:

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
I just hope the Habs don't start the season with 1 PP goal in the 1st 10 games and the team Markov signs with is top 5 on the PP with him QBing the PP.
Impossible. Who's scoring that 1 goal. Seriously, we did NOTHING to address the PP, which was atrocious and soul-sucking last year We have a shot to sign a guy, who could potentially help, for a contract you could easily bury in the minors if all goes badly.
I'm not seeing the downside here .is he going to steal ice time from our 5 #7 dmen we have filling out spots 3-6?

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Forget Markov, reach out to Desjardins, Bird, or Chelios. Now that would be a great nostalgia signing. Let’s bring back all the old guys!

Last edited:

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Forget Markov, reach out to Desjardins, Bird, or Chelios. Now that would be a great nostalgia signing. They could run the PP
Wouldn't surprise me if any of them, including Markov, could out score (specially on the PP) the sad lot of LD's we currently have...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
upload_2019-9-8_1-20-36.jpeg

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
So much facepalm in this thread...I can’t believe the lack of respect from some fans for one of the greatest Habs defensemen in history.

I have the utmost respect for Markov but at the end of the day Time and tide wait for no man. He is too old. Signing takes up one of your 23 roster spots, that means an extra non waiver exempt person must be exposed to waivers to keep him, or a young guy like Mete gets sent down. Signing Markov means you probably have to choose between exposing a Rielly/Kulak or sending Mete down.

I'd be open to a PTO at most but at the end of the day is it worth delaying the development of a young guy or losing someone for 1 year of Markov who may or may not be able to play at this level. 2017 was a long time ago.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Jul 2017 - Bergevin "Offer sent to Markov, there is no negotiation."

Aug 2019 - Some HF'ers "Naw, it's because he didn't have an agent to negotiate."

Sep 2019 - Bergevin "We aren't interested in signing Markov."

2021? - Some HF'ers "Naw, it's because he didn't have a better agent to get a deal done."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad