Confirmed with Link: Anderson traded for Domi (UPD: signed, 2 yrs, $5.3m/yr)

pscbj80

Aug 1, 2020
It’s just the feelings after the 2 year deal straight to UFA
Honestly I think that this has as much to do with the uncertainty of finances with a flat cap than Domi wants out after two years.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
It's really weird that they went for 2 years. The AAV is more than fair, and I'm happy to see that. But walking him straight to UFA is a questionable strategy, even after hearing his explanation. Very interested to see what Anderson ends up with.
Again, I’m just spitballing.....

If I’m Jarmo and I think I have a #2 center in either Foudy, Texier, or over in Russia, I may not want Domi long term. I may want to move him along and make room.

But if I don’t have a #2 in development and Domi just loves playing for Torts, then I have the ability to re-make my deal in 12 to 18 months.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Well, let me be the first one in here to say. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Congrats you guys. You not only hosed the Habs in this trade but so did Anderson. Took MB to the cleaners with his contract.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

biiiiig yikes and glad we walked away

Many laughs on several angles. Montreal fans were all hyped about the fact the trade would save several million/year with Anderson. Wrong! No way A GM should have signed him long term based on the shoulder questions. (Glad this deal is with the Habs and not us.) Those Hab fans blasting the $5.3M for Domi May need to eat crow (Hey, maybe Bus is grilling them now).

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Plus a no trade clause. I think I’ve seen the worst contract since David Clarkson now.
As a Leafs fan, I remember the atrocity that was the David Clarkson signing. Atleast in our case we had to overpay because he was a UFA and we were bidding on him. MB happily went over to Anderson and bent over.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Looking at the tax situations between Montreal and CBJ, Domi is probably going to come cheaper for you guys too. Habs fans are about to get more angrier.
I believe I called it. Tax savings and not having an idiot GM played in to heavily favor the Jackets in this trade.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I'm not the biggest of Anderson fans but I don't think that deal is terrible.

He is big, fast, and should be good for 20+ goals a season now that his shoulder is fixed.

It's an overpay but not a big one. Plus, the old boys club always goes crazy over big Canadian guys who can score.

Last edited:

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I'm not the biggest of Anderson fans but I don't think that deal is terrible.

He is big, fast, and should be good for 20+ goals a season now that his shoulder is fixed.

It's an overpay but not a big one. Plus, the old boys club always goes crazy over big Canadian guys who can score.
He only had 1 20+ goal season

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
That's such a gamble by the Habs. The money is fine but for a player like Anderson the term is always the question mark. How much did the injury screw up his game? Only time will tell. Bergevin is clearly banking on him being a regular 25-30 goals scorer so if that pans out it will be a steal, but who knows what the future holds?

At the end of the day I'd rather lose Domi in two years than risk Anderson becoming the next David Clarkson.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I won’t say that Anderson is a bad player and that you don’t need those types of players to win games. The CBJ already have those types of players that are just as good or better offensively.

Anderson IS a unique player. Good combo of speed/skating for a bigger guy, and he has good offensive skills for a guy his size. He HAS the ability to play a strong two way game, but IMO, he is less effective when he plays an offensive style. In his 1 big offensive year, much of his offensive production came from playing an overly aggressive offensive game , almost “cherry-picking” at times. There is a difference between effectiveness and offensive production.

Not that he doesn’t crash and bang around the net enough or “a lot”, but he definitely shy’s away from it at times for whatever reason, and I don’t think it’s the injuries.

Maybe he goes back to commit to playing a strong 2 way game, as he got his financial security from “showing his potential” from playing a style and role that was set up for him to succeed statistically, and good for him and MTL, but, the CBJ got the much more skilled player, 1 that can be worth his cap hit to the team.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I suggested he’s looking for 5.5 minimum earlier today on Twitter and immediately got balked at by Habs fans..

He signs and I see I’ve been blocked by a few of them :laugh:

Last edited:

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
On the one hand I’m a big Andy fan and love what he brings to the game when healthy which, by all accounts, he will be come the start of next season. But on the other I can see him wearing down early ala Dubi given his style of play and the Habs seriously regretting this contract.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
On the one hand I’m a big Andy fan and love what he brings to the game when healthy which, by all accounts, he will be come the start of next season. But on the other I can see him wearing down early ala Dubi given his style of play and the Habs seriously regretting this contract.

Counter-point: we could still take Josh Anderson on the Vegas trips.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad