Speculation: Andersen doesn’t look even Tradable but....

Should Dubas trade Andersen

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Oh I agree here. But how I see it is if a trade for another goalie were to happen I think the other goalie will cost the Leafs assets and they'd just take back Andersen for salary purposes , I don't think he'd hold any (significant) value in the deal

Depends on your interpretation of significant. If we had to retain, which would likely be the case for any team that likely would want him, he'd still get a 2nd round pick. It's not significant, but he is definitely not a throw in. Especially when he would upgrade some playoff teams' starters (Carolina, Washington, Edmonton, etc.)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Khudobin, Vanecek, and Hill are the three I have them taking.

Jake Allen, Cam Talbot, and Braden Holtby are three other options for them.
Khudobin could be interesting, they’d probably rather get something for him then to lose him for free. Leafs would then need to expose Campbell?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Khudobin could be interesting, they’d probably rather get something for him then to lose him for free. Leafs would then need to expose Campbell?

Yes, but I think Seattle could like our other options better TBH.

There are some teams where a goalie is pretty much all they have to offer. They can also get solid options in UFA for free. I don't think they take Campbell over Kerfoot/Holl/Dermott.

Reactions: ACC1224

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
lmao

we probably can't even keep Hyman

but big brain you is like,,ja ja 10.2m added no biggy:laugh:

Eh I think you're pretty off. With the new ESPN contract and with arenas opening up to fans I'd bet there is an increase in cap. Also if we get rid of kerfoot and freddy thats 8.5M LITERALLY right there. So um...... its not impossible big guy.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Yes, but I think Seattle could like our other options better TBH.

There are some teams where a goalie is pretty much all they have to offer. They can also get solid options in UFA for free. I don't think they take Campbell over Kerfoot/Holl/Dermott.
I feel like Toronto is going to wait until after the expansion draft to address the goaltending situation, via trade or FA of course.

Leave Andersen alone as he's a UFA, protect Campbell, expose Hutchison who has a year left on his contract after this one. I do agree that Seattle will likely take one of Kerfoot/Holl/Dermott, but I feel like Kerfoot might be gone at the deadline anyways.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Eh I think you're pretty off. With the new ESPN contract and with arenas opening up to fans I'd bet there is an increase in cap. Also if we get rid of kerfoot and freddy thats 8.5M LITERALLY right there. So um...... its not impossible big guy.
and thats LITERALLY only 8.5 m cap gone with Andy/Kerf,,,OH and the leafs with out a starting goalie

and you are taking on 10.2m

get this very clear,,the cap is not going up next season,,this is fully known

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
and thats LITERALLY only 8.5 m cap gone with Andy/Kerf,,,OH and the leafs with out a starting goalie

Try the next FOUR seasons.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013

For the sake of argument (I don't think the Leafs get Gibson) a theoretical trade would involve Rackell retained @50% for this year in next.

So it would look like this.

In...
John Gibson: 6.4 million
Rickard Rackell: 1.9 million

Out...
Freddy Anderson: 5.0 million
Alex Kerfoot: 3.5 million

It matches up near identically and works under the cap. The problem is that in order to get the retention on Rackell and convince the Ducks to move on from Gibson, the package would probably include Anderson, Kerfoot, Robertson, 2021 1st round pick and a couple other quality picks or prospects. Not the kind of trade I see Kyle Dubas making.

Although this would be really sweet!

Thornton / Matthews / Marner
Rackell / Tavares / Nylander
Mikheyev / Engvall / Hyman
Simmonds / Boyd / Spezza
Vesey

Reilly / Brodie
Muzzin / Holl
Dermott / Bogosian
Lehtonen / Liljegren

Gibson
Campbell

That's a very good playoff team. Gibson is locked up long term and you have Rackell for another 1.5 years before you decide if you want to keep him as part of your core for another contract.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
For the sake of argument (I don't think the Leafs get Gibson) a theoretical trade would involve Rackell retained @50% for this year in next.

So it would look like this.

In...
John Gibson: 6.4 million
Rickard Rackell: 1.9 million

Out...
Freddy Anderson: 5.0 million
Alex Kerfoot: 3.5 million

It matches up near identically and works under the cap. The problem is that in order to get the retention on Rackell and convince the Ducks to move on from Gibson, the package would probably include Anderson, Kerfoot, Robertson, 2021 1st round pick and a couple other quality picks or prospects. Not the kind of trade I see Kyle Dubas making.

Although this would be really sweet!

Thornton / Matthews / Marner
Rackell / Tavares / Nylander
Mikheyev / Engvall / Hyman
Simmonds / Boyd / Spezza
Vesey

Reilly / Brodie
Muzzin / Holl
Dermott / Bogosian
Lehtonen / Liljegren

Gibson
Campbell

That's a very good playoff team. Gibson is locked up long term and you have Rackell for another 1.5 years before you decide if you want to keep him as part of your core for another contract.
The package to get what you suggest would be massive

Fred holds 0 value in this deal and kerf is probably only worth 1/2 of a retained Rackell

so start thinking,,top up the Rackell part and then lay it down for a top 5/7 tender in the league

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
The package to get what you suggest would be massive

Fred holds 0 value in this deal and kerf is probably only worth 1/2 of a retained Rackell

so start thinking,,top up the Rackell part and then lay it down for a top 5/7 tender in the league

I genuinely think it would cost Anderson, Kerfoot, Robertson, Niemela, 2021 1st round pick and 2022 2nd round pick... Something in that range.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I genuinely think it would cost Anderson, Kerfoot, Robertson, Niemela, 2021 1st round pick and 2022 2nd round pick... Something in that range.
at minimum

Niem or 1rst would probably have to be upgraded to Sandin/lilly or just flat out added

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
at minimum

Niem or 1rst would probably have to be upgraded to Sandin/lilly or just flat out added

I would genuinely do...

F Anderson
Kerfoot
Robertson
Hallander or J Anderson
Niemela
2021 1st round pick

I would have to think hard about...

Anderson
Kerfoot
Robertson
Liljegren
2021 1st round pick

I think Gibson + Rackell would be an enormous roster upgrade now and in the future. If I could keep Sandin, Amirov, Hallander and Anderson, I'd highly consider it.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018

So hold on, I get rid of freddy and bring in gibson and you are saying we are without a starting goalie? Are you purposely being dense?

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021
Do you guys think Anderson is no longer goalie on toronto within 7 to 10 days ??

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Andersen allowed four goals on 23 shots on Tuesday while suffering his first career regulation loss against the Jets.

Andersen is now 1-2-0 with an .889 save percentage since returning from a lower-body injury.

"I feel good," he said. "I think I'm moving pretty well. Pretty much most of my game I like. Of course, the results lately haven't been there."

Andersen was asked if he's motivated to measure himself against Hellebuyck.

"Yes and no," the Dane said. "You want to go out and beat the guy at the other end, but as a goalie you know what happens at the other end doesn't really effect what's going on in my end. So, my focus is to try to be ready and make the saves I can. Of course, you want to beat the guy at the other end and win."

The Leafs are looking for more performances like the one Andersen provided last week in Edmonton when he stopped 26 of 27 shots. After that game, Matthews described Andersen as "Fredzilla."

Who came up with that?

"A lot of nicknames are coming from Jumbo," the 6-foot-4, 238-pound goalie said referencing Thornton. "He's a nickname machine. He has a lot. He even has nicknames you guys don't even hear before they come and go. He cycles through them pretty quick. He loves throwing out a good nickname."

Toronto Maple Leafs feel no panic, regroup at fluff-free practice - TSN.ca

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Do you guys think Anderson is no longer goalie on toronto within 7 to 10 days ??
Once they waiver on him as the starter, he'd probably fall apart based on his history of choking in the playoffs. I think they stay with Andersen the rest of the year as the undisputed starter. If he fails, Dubas will hear about it for a long time. This division is a free ride to round 3.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Andersen will probably get on a roll now that i opened a thread slamming him. Thats just the way it is :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad