Speculation: Andersen doesn’t look even Tradable but....

Should Dubas trade Andersen

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
What would it take to get Ullmark?
it depends on how many teams are looking for a goalie , if he wants out or Buff doesn't want to try to re sign him

if the goalie market is soft and he's going to walk at the end of the season then probably a 3rd

but if there's a number teams looking for a goalie and there's limited options then the price might a 2nd and maybe a mid level prospect as well

Last edited:
Reactions: saffronleaf

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Da answer is yes but Dubie tried and could not get anything done in summer ... offers likely sucked ... Leafs thought at 1M salary we could get a 1st rounder 2022 back for him or another goaler ... reality sets in here folks ... we are getting nothing back for Freddy ... only thing he could do for us now to help team is go on LTIR ... or we play him as a backup rest of way which is most likely scenario now
Just shows you how far Andersen's stock has fallen.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Just shows you how far Andersen's stock has fallen.
Goalies in general don't return much and this off season was brutal with teams trying to sell/dump contracts .

people believing we could get a 1st plus then sign a ufa goalie forgot that maybe just maybe the trade partner would just keep their assets and sign a ufa goalies themselves

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I used to dread the day when Freddy's contract would expire. I just knew he'd want big boy money, at this point I am not even sure he deserves a raise. Not sure you could give him any more than what Binner got in STL even if he hits UFA. He has the knack for making the saves he should make, and very few saves that we need him to make. Its tough, he has undoubtingly been our best tendy since Eddie, he just doesn't look like the Fred of old anymore. I guess the one plus side potentially is that every season Freddy always has 1 month where he competes as well as any goalie in the league and is a show stopper. Hopefully he is saving it for may :sarcasm:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He does have to go right away. Dubas has to move him. 5 of his games where he was well under .899 save % the team won 4 and got a loser point in the other. That’s a 9 - 10 - 5 record. Not even decent really.

Reactions: The Cobra

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Buffalo would since they are selling a bunch of guys.

Carolina would if they send Reimer the other way.

I don't see why Colorado gets Andersen when they have Grubauer.

Mrazek is injured and Reimer is piling up the wins. They won’t be trading Reimer and I don’t think he wants to come back after they way he was treated on social media as well as the Bernier situation that happened while he was here

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
it depends on how many teams are looking for a goalie , if he wants out or Buff doesn't want to try to re sign him

if the goalie market is soft and he's going to walk at the end of the season then probably a 3rd

but if there's a number teams looking for a goalie and there's limited options then the price might a 2nd and maybe a mid level prospect as well

the price as in Carey?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I’d really try hard to get Gibson from Anaheim this off-season.

Signed long term, young and a super star goalie IMO that plays behind an absolutely awful Anaheim team. This guy can outright steal games and make some ridiculous saves look easy.

Reactions: Beleafer34

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Yes. He makes little real money. The team giving up the goalie in this scenario likely isn't making the playoffs. Leafs likely would need to give up something else along with him
There are probably other goalies out there, but to me, I would love to trade for Gibson. But I'm not sure I'd be comfortable giving up the necessary assets to acquire him.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Buffalo would since they are selling a bunch of guys.

Carolina would if they send Reimer the other way.

I don't see why Colorado gets Andersen when they have Grubauer.
Don’t see why Carolina would be that interested in Andersen when Nedeljkovic has been great for them lately and Mrazek is coming back from injury shortly. Any cap space they have virtually disappears whenever Gardiner recalled from the taxi squad again.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
I’d really try hard to get Gibson from Anaheim this off-season.

Signed long term, young and a super star goalie IMO that plays behind an absolutely awful Anaheim team. This guy can outright steal games and make some ridiculous saves look easy.
I think everybody would want Gibson, just don’t think Anaheim is willing to let him go unless some serious overpayment came their way. While Leafs are quite a deep team they would have to let go off someone in the core and then some to get him.

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
Season is over if we run with Campbell as our starter. If you're going to replace Freddy it better be with a better goalie. Leafs still give up a ton of high quality chances and there aren't many goalies who will look good trying to stop the chances they give up.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Season is over if we run with Campbell as our starter. If you're going to replace Freddy it better be with a better goalie. Leafs still give up a ton of high quality chances and there aren't many goalies who will look good trying to stop the chances they give up.

They dont give up any more high quality chances than most other good teams

Last edited:

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Freddie has faced 35 shots ONCE all season. Every other game has been below 35 shots.

Its not a lot to ask for a better save % than .899.

Spare me the crap that we allow high quality chances... no, we dont allow any more really than any of the other "elite" teams. Our goalie just doesnt stop enough shots. It literally boils down to that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->