Speculation: Andersen doesn’t look even Tradable but....

Should Dubas trade Andersen

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
This guy has seen better days. He looks like he is in a nose dive while we are leading the league. That should lead to goalie confidence, not inconsistencies. Dubas better ask himself if he is willing to let a declining goalie blow our shot at possibly confefence final or better with this team.
GM of the year has a big decision to make cause he will be roasted if Andy poops the bed in round 1.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It's complicated. From a pure roster construction POV, yes, they should have moved on from Andersen in the offseason and would probably be in a stronger position to contend with a different starter. But from an optics, temperature of the room, stability of a first place team POV, real life perspective you're not likely to see such a dramatic move come together in a matter of days. Particularly in a pandemic border situation.

The upside to making the proper goalie upgrade this late in season would be the equivalent of the Masai/Kawhi gamble. But seems highly improbable.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Canes might be the team to give you the best offer.
MacKenzie Blackwood could be worth a try. Rinne,Kuemper, Georgiev sp? Lots of goalies that would be a nice duo set up with Campbell. For me Campbell should get the net and keep it when he is ready. That guy actually flies in that net with maximum effort. Freddy is a slow and out of it. Appreciate all he’s done. See ya later freddy thanks.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
He is absolutely tradeable, and he would get a decent amount in a trade. As much as he struggled, there are teams out there (Edmonton, Carolina, etc.) who would love a guy who is an upgrade over what they currently have and can handle a starters workload and there are not many guys out there who can do that.

It is also the reason why the Leafs may never consider it. Campbell hasn't proven enough and there are no other UFA options out there who are available and can do that. That boosts up Andersen's value.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Would the intention be to run a Campbell/Hutchinson tandem, or to replace Andersen with another team's goalie?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Yes. He makes little real money. The team giving up the goalie in this scenario likely isn't making the playoffs. Leafs likely would need to give up something else along with him
That’s right I’m thinking. Carolina might be interested as Dog mentioned. I didn’t even think of the canes. They might be interested for sure

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
His value is in the shitter right now while 14 day quarantines and the expansion draft could be hinderances. I think they ride out the season with him and let him walk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad