Anders Lee Gets Kronwalled

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Pretty much. Kronwall has jumped into multiple big hits over his career. Should have been suspended at least once.

He has been...

It’s not 2006 anymore

Also he could’ve thrown a hip check and caught him just as off guard

Or Lee could've kept his head up and it never would've been part of the contact.

Going back to what I said at the start of this thread, only on HFBoards can a 6' 0" guy hit a 6' 3" guy and it's the 6' 0" guy's fault that the head was contacted.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Clean hits that badly injure the captain of the team absolutely should get a response.

Clean hits that dont result in injuries and fights break out? I agree they are stupid.

Kronwall has been injuring players for a decade and has refused to drop his gloves the entire time. He is gutless.
Hitting is part of normal hockey play. Fighting isn't really. No reason Kronwall should have to fight just because he makes clean hits.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
He has been...

Or Lee could've kept his head up and it never would've been part of the contact.

Going back to what I said at the start of this thread, only on HFBoards can a 6' 0" guy hit a 6' 3" guy and it's the 6' 0" guy's fault that the head was contacted.
That's meaningless, if you are in a position to throw a hit but you will make contact with the head YOU CAN'T THROW THAT HIT. There are numerous effective plays you can make instead. Headshots just can't happen today, I don't care if it makes people who love wanton violence cry.

Reactions: EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I remember when kronwalled meant shoulder to chest
Kronwall.png

Reactions: RedMenace

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
That's meaningless, if you are in a position to throw a hit but you will make contact with the head YOU CAN'T THROW THAT HIT. There are numerous effective plays you can make instead. Headshots just can't happen today, I don't care if it makes people who love wanton violence cry.
You need to read the rulebook.

Kronwall's hit on Voraceck was deemed a legal hit based on the current standards. Please explain how this one is somehow illegal while the Voracek hit is not.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
You need to read the rulebook.

Kronwall's hit on Voraceck was deemed a legal hit based on the current standards. Please explain how this one is somehow illegal while the Voracek hit is not.
The fact that it is deemed a legal hit is part of the problem. Contact to the head just can't be tollerated anymore under any circumstance.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
The fact that it is deemed a legal hit is part of the problem. Contact to the head just can't be tollerated anymore under any circumstance.

Ahh, good to see that we've now established that it's illegal based on how you want the league to be rather than how the league actually is.

Reactions: newfy

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
If that's the case then the league should suspend Lee as he was the one who caused the head contact.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Ahh, good to see that we've now established that it's illegal based on how you want the league to be rather than how the league actually is.
It was legal under the NHL rules. It should not be legal given everything we know about head trauma, but the league (and even worse the NHLPA) don't care about player safety at all. That's the point I was making.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
It was legal under the NHL rules. It should not be legal given everything we know about head trauma, but the league (and even worse the NHLPA) don't care about player safety at all. That's the point I was making.

Cool. Lets get rid of hitting in general then. :sarcasm:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
From Wilson thread: It's responsibility of the player who delivers the hit to avoid head at any cost.

From this thread: "48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A hit resulting in contact with an opponent’s head where the head was the main point of contact and such contact to the head was avoidable is not permitted. In determining whether contact with an opponent's head was avoidable, the circumstances of the hit including the following shall be considered:

(ii) Whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position by assuming a posture that made head contact on an otherwise full body check unavoidable."

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Not sureshow we are still debating this, thetrule was posted more than once. It was a clean hit within the rules of the league.
Lee also had no pronlem with the hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad