Anders Lee Gets Kronwalled

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I certainly miss the days when a good, clean hit was imply acknowledged as such by the players receiving the hit, and even his team, and the game simply went on its merry way, rather than this pointless obsession these days into needing the guy that performed said hit to drop his gloves in response.

It's still hilarious & sad at the same time to see how many hits of Kronwall's over the years result in the other guy charging after Kronwall to get him to fight, as if the entire league doesn't know he's not a fighter nor has ever had the reputation of being a dirty player.

Its better to fight for a reason instead of two guys randomly deciding to have a superfluous fight just because they're out there. That part of the game has been mostly removed. But if you're going to deliver a hit like that (and I think it was a perfectly clean hit), you need to expect that there'll be a reaction. As it turns out, Kronwall had the beastly Dylan Larkin do his dirty work for him.

JMO, if you are going to be a guy who dishes it out like Kronwall, you should be willing to answer the bell occasionally. I feel the same way about Clutterbuck. He dishes out some big hits, he shouldn't be hiding behind Matt Martin or just skating away when someone steps up to him every single time. I'm not saying they has to answer the bell against Ryan Reaves or Ross Johnston, but in this instance it was Josh Freaking Bailey - hardly the toughest guy....in the Bailey household even. If you take out the other team's Captain in such devastating fashion (and it was a great hit), there's gonna be some retribution.

As far as Boychuk/Abdelkader....those two just don't like each other. They had a front (and back) of the net battle last year that had some real back and forth including a slew foot from Abdelkader. Boychuk doesn't get angry often but he was incensed. By the looks of things from this past weekend, he hasn't gotten over it.

This Saturday should be a fun game.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Its better to fight for a reason instead of two guys randomly deciding to have a superfluous fight just because they're out there. That part of the game has been mostly removed. But if you're going to deliver a hit like that (and I think it was a perfectly clean hit), you need to expect that there'll be a reaction. As it turns out, Kronwall had the beastly Dylan Larkin do his dirty work for him.

JMO, if you are going to be a guy who dishes it out like Kronwall, you should be willing to answer the bell occasionally. I feel the same way about Clutterbuck. He dishes out some big hits, he shouldn't be hiding behind Matt Martin or just skating away when someone steps up to him every single time. I'm not saying they has to answer the bell against Ryan Reaves or Ross Johnston, but in this instance it was Josh Freaking Bailey - hardly the toughest guy....in the Bailey household even. If you take out the other team's Captain in such devastating fashion (and it was a great hit), there's gonna be some retribution.

As far as Boychuk/Abdelkader....those two just don't like each other. They had a front (and back) of the net battle last year that had some real back and forth including a slew foot from Abdelkader. Boychuk doesn't get angry often but he was incensed. By the looks of things from this past weekend, he hasn't gotten over it.

This Saturday should be a fun game.
Boychuk and Abdelkader thumbs up each other after the fight. My guess is that they are square now.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I certainly miss the days when a good, clean hit was imply acknowledged as such by the players receiving the hit, and even his team, and the game simply went on its merry way, rather than this pointless obsession these days into needing the guy that performed said hit to drop his gloves in response.

It's still hilarious & sad at the same time to see how many hits of Kronwall's over the years result in the other guy charging after Kronwall to get him to fight, as if the entire league doesn't know he's not a fighter nor has ever had the reputation of being a dirty player.

I'm sorry but that's the price you pay in the NHL. You choose to lay out the other team's player with a big, punishing, brutal hit, his teammates are gonna try and get revenge. Much more so on a star player or the captain.

You act like Kronwall's the victim here. Give a normal check and the game simply goes on it's merry way. Put absolutely everything into blasting the other team's captain and face the consequences.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Got to be honest, I'm a bit surprised that an old guy like Kronwall can still hit like that.

Especially when you watch him skating out there. He hasnt lost a step, hes lost about 3 with his knee being bad but he can still be a hammer when he wants to. Shows how much hitting is about timing and technique vs speed and power

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Both teams arent very good, stop the bickering, golf season will be here soon enough.
Ummm...... the Islanders are in 3rd place in their Division, just like the Leafs.

Not sure why you are here - this thread is about a) a guy delivering a big hit and b) a squad backing up their teammate with some physical play.

Pretty sure the leafs don't know anything about either.

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
Ummm...... the Islanders are in 3rd place in their Division, just like the Leafs.

Not sure why you are here - this thread is about a) a guy delivering a big hit and b) a squad backing up their teammate with some physical play.

Worst fanbase in hockey lol

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

6th in the league vs 17th.

Keep being tough, all the way to the golf green and continued irrelevance.

Reactions: crasherino

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad