Anders Lee Gets Kronwalled

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
77adiZK.gif

Keep your head up.

Here's his hit on Colin Wilson from a few games ago.

lfF3uuC.gif

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Just watching that makes me hurt. Look at how far Kronwall is knocked back from the impact. And Lee's mouthpiece comes flying out.

Great hit. Hope Lee is ok.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
This is a tough one. I don’t think Kronwall intended to get him in the face but because Lee put himself in that position and had his head down that’s wear the contact was. Still but the rules it should have been a penalty.

Shoulder directly to face.

Kronwall is the best at those hits. And the majority of them are always clean.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
From the look of the NYI board even most of them are accepting that it's clean.

Hard to argue targeting the head with a three inch height difference. Gotta keep your head up.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Its not a straight up dirty hit. However Lee's head level didnt quickly or drastically change during that sequence. Its not like he dropped his head at the last minute. Its boarderline for sure.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Its not a straight up dirty hit. However Lee's head level didnt quickly or drastically change during that sequence. Its not like he dropped his head at the last minute. Its boarderline for sure.

Nah, it's not borderline, that's a solid, clean body check with an unfortunate outcome.

You can even see in the still frame posted above, Kronwall is lower that he normally would be, and still gets Lee's visor. I'd argue that part of it was unavoidable.

That’s not the issue here.

Then what is?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad