Player Discussion Anders Bjork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Mark Stone is my new binkie and it happened by accident. I went to the Ottawa game and sitting behind net where Ottawa attacked first and third I keyed on Hoffman as a potential future Bruin with zero interest in Stone. However, Stone was the one who caught my eye. Sweeney should make every effort

Second line RW Stone would be a great pickup

Boston could give up draft picks and prospects not named JFK Donato or Bjork

Stone's only 25. You may have to give up Bjork (plus) to get him.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Stone is pretty close to untouchable for the Sens, only Karlsson has more value.
He's a pretty unhappy camper and would more than welcome a move Im sure.

Ownership could get this vibe as well and may just try to trade him. Look at how quick they moved Turris out when they didn't want to pay him.

Reactions: TCB

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Rookie picking up the puck behind his own net and taking it the full distance? Nice

Lots of things to like about his game, Providence a good place to work on some things

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
That first video looked like Marchand. He made it look like he was playing a pee-wee team.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Bjork was picking up his play before being sent down. His speed and skill will pay dividends for the Bs down the road. I'm impressed with the kid's maturity and professionalism. He has responded to being sent down exactly like I want to see someone like him respond. This whole group has responded well to Cassidy's moves in a positive manner. Krug was benched the other night and responded by playing better. DeBrusk was scratched earlier this year and responded by playing better. Rask was benched for a relatively long stretch and responded by playing better. Spooner did not play as much as he wanted and when put back in the lineup he responded by playing better. Heinen earlier in the year was taken out of the lineup and responded by going into beast mode. All of this in my opinion is infectious. Great to see a young guy like Bjork doing whatever it takes to improve.

Reactions: Chief Nine and zaYG

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Mark Stone is my new binkie and it happened by accident. I went to the Ottawa game and sitting behind net where Ottawa attacked first and third I keyed on Hoffman as a potential future Bruin with zero interest in Stone. However, Stone was the one who caught my eye. Sweeney should make every effort

Second line RW Stone would be a great pickup

Boston could give up draft picks and prospects not named JFK Donato or Bjork
Unfortunately I think Stone is virtually untouchable for Ottawa, even moreso than Karlsson considering contract status

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
With games like this,Bjork is going to be playing himself out of Providence in short-order and Sweeney phone will be ringing of the hook.
Man this is why I wish I wasn't limited to just box scores for providence sometimes. Kid looks like a force out there

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The videos look really impressive and I'm sure he'll make it back here sooner rather than later, but I'm not going to fool myself into thinking he's going to do that up in the NHL. A lot of those plays would be broken up because the quality of competition is greater. Glad to see him dominating down there and it's certainly a great sign, but let's take it with a grain of salt.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
The videos look really impressive and I'm sure he'll make it back here sooner rather than later, but I'm not going to fool myself into thinking he's going to do that up in the NHL. A lot of those plays would be broken up because the quality of competition is greater. Glad to see him dominating down there and it's certainly a great sign, but let's take it with a grain of salt.

i think he's gonna be the best of the bunch - better than heinen (who i'm a big fan of), better than debrusk, better
than JFK/donato/senyshyn/etc. he has some marchand in his game - dog-on-a-bone mentality, very high IQ,
understands how to play the whole rink, and think he can get you 25-30 goals one day.

Reactions: LSCII

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

Exactly and this is why playing down there is best for him right now, he do that stuff but still have the coaching staff in his ear about the little details each play. That's what needs to happen before he can hope to pull that offensive stuff off with the big club. I'm high on Bjork and think we are lucky we have a guy like that that made the team and showed a lot of skill, even scored at a decent clip, but he's not quite there yet and that's ok

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
i think he's gonna be the best of the bunch - better than heinen (who i'm a big fan of), better than debrusk, better
than JFK/donato/senyshyn/etc. he has some marchand in his game - dog-on-a-bone mentality, very high IQ,
understands how to play the whole rink, and think he can get you 25-30 goals one day.

That would be great. He looks like his game will translate to the NHL very nicely from the limited glimpses I've had of him. I was a little down on JFK at the start of the season and would say I'm still ambivalent about him, but I love what I've seen from DeBrusk and Heinan lately. They looked a little overwhelmed initially, watching the play too much rather than reading and reacting to it, but they've settled into their roles well. Very high on Gryz right now too. Love the way he can skate himself out of trouble while carrying the puck. Such a hugely underrated skill these days. Either way, the future certainly looks very bright. They still have a ton of young guys on the cusp, and they already have guys like McAvoy and Carlo contributing by eating big minutes on top of Heinan and DeBrusk. It's a good time to be a Bruins fan right now.

That's about as positive as I can get. :laugh:

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Bjork is an animal in the minors. Putting him on the Heinen program will bear fruit next year.

Courtesy of our good friend Bruins Network:

Bjork looks like a young Marchand here. Super tenacious and talented, but overreliant on one on one skills. I'd rather see him play this way and work it out than play timid in the NHL.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
As soon as someone gets hurt, Bjork will be the first callup. I kind of feel bad for Vatrano, stuck in no man's land. Team won't send him down to play higher minutes because certainly someone will claim him; on the other hand, he's not good enough to play on this lineup right now. He did it to himself though.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Still think this kid will be a dynamic NHL player. Can't wait to see what he looks like when he comes back to us.
He's got speed and skills and an advanced defensive game due his bottom 6 checking role with the National Development program

I laugh when I hear his skills and upside ques.....oh, that's bull shit. I consider who's posting it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad