Player Discussion Anders Bjork

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
This could really make things interesting in Boston. What happens if Bjork pulls an Heinen with this call-up and forces the team to keep him in the line-up? When Marchand returns, someone has to be the odd man out.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
This could really make things interesting in Boston. What happens if Bjork pulls an Heinen with this call-up and forces the team to keep him in the line-up? When Marchand returns, someone has to be the odd man out.

It's either Spooner or they make the hard decision and still send him back down. I'd say sit Schaller but does Bjork really benefit from playing on a 4th line?

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

I'm betting Bjork will look better this time around and it's going to be a good situation for Boston. I still say the ideal scenario is to somehow get Nash to the 4th line. Ideally Spooner shows he can now handle 3C, but that seems unlikely. More likely Bjork makes either himself or another expendable in trade and you can make a real upgrade to the top 9 that makes sense.

Again I'm skeptical the GM gets that done, but that seems ideal.

Reactions: Bergyesque

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I have a feeling Bjork with Bergeron and Pasta will be fun to watch. If he performs well, sit or trade Schaller, same with Vatrano if he helps the 4th line out with some offense and plays well enough, I would let Acciari be the 13th forward.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It's either Spooner or they make the hard decision and still send him back down. I'd say sit Schaller but does Bjork really benefit from playing on a 4th line?

True, but could you let Spooner take another shot a playing #3C?

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Bjork
Heinen - Spooner - Backes
Kuraly - Nash - Acciari

It'll be interesting, but obviously Bjork needs to perform before this is even a concern.

Reactions: wintersej

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm betting Bjork will look better this time around and it's going to be a good situation for Boston. I still say the ideal scenario is to somehow get Nash to the 4th line. Ideally Spooner shows he can now handle 3C, but that seems unlikely. More likely Bjork makes either himself or another expendable in trade and you can make a real upgrade to the top 9 that makes sense.

If Chris Kelly and Greg Campbell had a child it would be Reilly Nash.

How did Claude Julien not demand he doesn't sign with Montreal without assurances Bergevin not get this guy for him.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
My dream is Nash would be moved to the 4th line and our 2nd and 3rd would look like
Heinen-Krejci-Backes
Debrusk-Spooner-Bjork

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

DeBrusk - Krejci - Bjork
Kuraly - Nash - Acciari

It'll be interesting, but obviously Bjork needs to perform before this is even a concern.

Definitely an option, and the team would definitely be better if that was the situation. Bjork needs to perform, like you said though.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
I don’t think the waiver rules really helps some of these players,who seem to get stuck in the press box because they can’t get sent down.Kind of surprised they wouldn’t give him a chance before calling up Bjork.
Agree.......Not that Vatrano is gonna stick either as Sweeney just does not want to lose whatever he can get when he offs him...I remember when Vatrano was the flavor of the month here much like Bjork is now. We really need to hope Bjork comes through or we all of a sudden find we have a depth problem.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Agree.......Not that Vatrano is gonna stick either as Sweeney just does not want to lose whatever he can get when he offs him...I remember when Vatrano was the flavor of the month here much like Bjork is now. We really need to hope Bjork comes through or we all of a sudden find we have a depth problem.

Are you speaking about right now, or down the road? Also, Bjork isn't the "flavor of the month".

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017

he looked fine to very good the first time. then got concussed, and while i told the team he should be sent down for conditioning/rehab upon his return, they arrogantly ignored my sage advice and forced him back into NHL duty during his recovery period, which is difficult to really bad even for experienced veterans. but Donnie's a Harvard guy and they don't listen very well.

he was only sent down again when he finally started finding his game again. he will likely look very good again this time.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Heinen/Backes/Bjork
Schaller/Kuraly/Nash (as long as Acciari is hurt)

Could be an option, although I'm pretty cool with the 3rd line as it currently is.

Never hurts to season a prospect more than they might need.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
he looked fine to very good the first time. then got concussed, and while i told the team he should be sent down for conditioning/rehab upon his return, they arrogantly ignored my sage advice and forced him back into NHL duty during his recovery period, which is difficult to really bad even for experienced veterans. but Donnie's a Harvard guy and they don't listen very well.

he was only sent down again when he finally started finding his game again. he will likely look very good again this time.
I know why they didn't listen to you. Didn't you get the memo? They "fixed the glitch!"

Reactions: frickinbobby

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

DeBrusk - Krejci - Bjork
Kuraly - Nash - Acciari

This is the answer, though I probably swap Spooner and Krejci

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Are you speaking about right now, or down the road? Also, Bjork isn't the "flavor of the month".
Both....If Bjork bombs again then Marchand comes back and we are OK....Until someone else gets hurt. Cehlarek maybe can get a shot then......But really we are pretty weak if both he and Bjork come up short for whatever reason.

Not much offensive fruit from the 2015-2016 draft other then DeBrusk.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Both....If Bjork bombs again then Marchand comes back and we are OK....Until someone else gets hurt. Cehlarek maybe can get a shot then......But really we are pretty weak if both he and Bjork come up short for whatever reason.

Not much offensive fruit from the 2015-2016 draft other then DeBrusk.

You make it sound like from day one, Bjork has struggled in the NHL, which isn't the case. Before the injury, he was productive and playing very well. If Bjork "bombs" then he goes back to the AHL and continues to work on his game. Maybe Cehlarik is the next man up in that situation.

And then you end the post with something that has nothing to do with Bjork.

Reactions: DKH

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
You make it sound like from day one, Bjork has struggled in the NHL, which isn't the case. Before the injury, he was productive and playing very well. If Bjork "bombs" then he goes back to the AHL and continues to work on his game. Maybe Cehlarik is the next man up in that situation.

And then you end the post with something that has nothing to do with Bjork.
Bjork was OK. He showed flashes of some offense, but he rarely put together a solid sixty minute effort. Again, he was just OK and went downhill fast. One of my first posts was about him with his head down stradling the blue line. Knew he would get hit like that...That is part of being an NHL player. Knowing how to protect yourself. Hope he is more aware now. That said, i am anxious to see what he has, cause i was not impressed the first time around.

I wonder if he plays with Bergie.....And for how long ?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Bjork was OK. He showed flashes of some offense, but he rarely put together a solid sixty minute effort. Again, he was just OK and went downhill fast. One of my first posts was about him with his head down stradling the blue line. Knew he would get hit like that...That is part of being an NHL player. Knowing how to protect yourself. Hope he is more aware now. That said, i am anxious to see what he has, cause i was not impressed the first time around.

He was definitely better than just "OK". He went downhill? He got injured; a concussion to be exact. I wouldn't really call his coming back going downhill. He just wasn't himself, which is more than understandable. He went back to Providence and has looked great there. We'll see now. Even if he struggles, you don't write him off as a nothing prospect. It seems like you're trending that way though.

I wonder if he plays with Bergie.....And for how long ?

Sounds like he's starting with Bergeron. I guess it depends on who he's actually called up for. I believe it's an emergency re-call, but if you can't do that for a suspended player, then he's actually up for Acciari. However, as long as he's up, I'm sure he's in the top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad