Player Discussion Anders Bjork

Status
Not open for further replies.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Needs some seasoning in the AHL. Needs to get a tad stronger on the puck too. Much like Pasta needed. He definitely will be back and will be better for it

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Not that he isn't on the ignore list, but Vatrano may be drawing in for Acciari. I think that's why they were able to make the recall. Acciari didn't practice today (LBI).

Acciari game last bit has not been good enough.I think your right and he is playing hurt.Rest him could be smart.As for Bjork the Bruins are lucky to have him.I cannot wait for Donato to arrive..

Reactions: Grasshopperking

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Acciari game last bit has not been good enough.I think your right and he is playing hurt.Rest him could be smart.As for Bjork the Bruins are lucky to have him.I cannot wait for Donato to arrive..

pardon my ignorance on the situation but let`s say Donato does wish to join the Bruins this year, what typically would be the timeline for that arrival? I just don`t know when NCAA playoffs end. Thanks

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Can't wait to watch Bjork tonight! I think he has to be our top prospect at this point. Also excited to see him play LW. Believe it our not he is a two way player. Not a puck hound like Marchand, but backchecks and hustles like crazy.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Jumps right over Vatrano,revealing peek into what they think of Frank at this time. How many forwards would have to be sidelined for Frank to get another shot?

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
pardon my ignorance on the situation but let`s say Donato does wish to join the Bruins this year, what typically would be the timeline for that arrival? I just don`t know when NCAA playoffs end. Thanks

Harvard is a longshot for NCAA tournament at this point (currently 21, but will likely drop when Donato missed a handful of games for Olymics). There is a slight shot he turns pro immediately after the Olympics, which would be mid Feb. Assuming he goes back to Harvard, then the next exit point would seem to be the ECAC quarterfinals ending March 11. If Harvard makes the ECAC semis, that would push the earliest exit date to March 17. And if they make the NCAA tourney then you are talking at least March 25, and if they make the Frozen four, you are talking April 8

Square Hammer*

Jan 22, 2017
Jumps right over Vatrano,revealing peek into what they think of Frank at this time. How many forwards would have to be sidelined for Frank to get another shot?
Not sure, but you can’t blame them for going with Bjork over Vatrano. When both were in the lineup together, Bjork was the better player.

Reactions: zaYG

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Not sure, but you can’t blame them for going with Bjork over Vatrano. When both were in the lineup together, Bjork was the better player.
One is a daily healthy scratch and the other is in Providence for seasoning. When the team needs a player,they jump over the player who is already here. And I'll bet if they needed 2 players,Vatrano would also be passed over. Not sure he's in their plans anymore.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Harvard is a longshot for NCAA tournament at this point (currently 21, but will likely drop when Donato missed a handful of games for Olymics). There is a slight shot he turns pro immediately after the Olympics, which would be mid Feb. Assuming he goes back to Harvard, then the next exit point would seem to be the ECAC quarterfinals ending March 11. If Harvard makes the ECAC semis, that would push the earliest exit date to March 17. And if they make the NCAA tourney then you are talking at least March 25, and if they make the Frozen four, you are talking April 8

You would think he gets the treatment that McAvoy was SUPPOSED to get last year. AHL playoffs and then given a chance to earn it in training camp next season.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Hope Bjork shines while up. As for Vatrano, really interested in what the team does with him. I don't think he has any place on the team but also has limited trade value. Maybe he's an add on or part of a trade at the deadline.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
We have to hope he is better then he was, Thats for sure. To me he looked over matched physically and looked totally intimidated by the difference of college boys and NHL men. Personally, i would have recalled Cehlarek. But who knows, Maybe he has made the adjustments he needed to make.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
We have to hope he is better then he was, Thats for sure. To me he looked over matched physically and looked totally intimidated by the difference of college boys and NHL men. Personally, i would have recalled Cehlarek. But who knows, Maybe he has made the adjustments he needed to make.

Bjork wasn't even bad up here. He had some inconsistencies, but a lot of that came from after the injury. Before he got hurt, he displayed a lot of quality play. He was very productive. You do realize that there was a period of time when he was producing at the similar clip as DeBrusk, right? Before the injury, he had 9 points in 16 games (0.56 PPG pace). The injury seemed to set him back a bit, and when he returned he was dealing with some confidence issues.

Spooner came back, started to play well, and he was sent down due to the #'s game.

Reactions: zaYG

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bjork wasn't even bad up here. He had some inconsistencies, but a lot of that came from after the injury. Before he got hurt, he displayed a lot of quality play. He was very productive. You do realize that there was a period of time when he was producing at the similar clip as DeBrusk, right? Before the injury, he had 9 points in 16 games (0.56 PPG pace). The injury seemed to set him back a bit, and when he returned he was dealing with some confidence issues.

Spooner came back, started to play well, and he was sent down due to the #'s game.
He looked off after being concussed from the Martin hit. Only the manly men of HF Boards would shrug that off.

I like his skills and development curve - he projects as a top 6 long term and shows a lot to like

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
does vatrano have to clear waivers?
You have to wonder why he isnt getting playing time in the AHL. He hasnt played a game in over a month it seems

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Hope Bjork shines while up. As for Vatrano, really interested in what the team does with him. I don't think he has any place on the team but also has limited trade value. Maybe he's an add on or part of a trade at the deadline.
Injury depth for the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad