Player Discussion Anders Bjork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Kid is going be a good player in the Pastrnak mold of backed up the pther teams dee. He has a great motor, just no room right now, next year he slots in. Trade McQuaid and Vatrano for anything, no need for them.

Vatrano I would trade, but do people forget what happened to our defense in last years playoffs? No need to trade McQuaid this season, he is excellent depth. Keep him on as the 7th guy and I am sure he will get some playing time here and there. Trade him this offseason if the current 6 guys continue to play at this level.

good move sending Bjork to Providence, I am sure he will be back up soon. Kind of hoping Spooner gets dealt soon for picks and Bjork or Cehlarik get slotted in on Krejci's right. Although I'm not sure if trading Spooner is smart given Krejci's injury problems this season.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Kid is going be a good player in the Pastrnak mold of backed up the pther teams dee. He has a great motor, just no room right now, next year he slots in. Trade McQuaid and Vatrano for anything, no need for them.

I wouldn't be to eager to deal McQuaid hes to valuable. Just look back to last yr when the rash of injuries hit the Bruins at playoff time. You can never have enough NHL caliber defenseman in your line-up.

I diffidently don't want to see Postma filling in on the right-side if someone goes down.

Reactions: TCB

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I wouldn't be to eager to deal McQuaid hes to valuable. Just look back to last yr when the rash of injuries hit the Bruins at playoff time. You can never have enough NHL caliber defenseman in your line-up.

I diffidently don't want to see Postma filling in on the right-side if someone goes down.
McQuaid makes 2.75 million, team already let him be up for grabs for free. Cannot have that much money sitting eating popcorn for the rest of the year. Cheaper options for them as a 7th dee. Same with Vatrano, they have been passed on the depth chart.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
McQuaid makes 2.75 million, team already let him be up for grabs for free. Cannot have that much money sitting eating popcorn for the rest of the year. Cheaper options for them as a 7th dee. Same with Vatrano, they have been passed on the depth chart.

You only should move Vatrano or McQuaid during this season if they have another deal in place to make use of the cap space created by moving him.

Otherwise, you keep them for depth that the Bruins will without question need at some point if they want to make a run here.

McQuaid eating popcorn at 2.75 is better than unused cap space sitting there doing nothing.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere

Cheaper?? What the beep beep does that have to do with it? If someone goes down I want an NHL defenseman whose been through the playoffs wars filling in rather than a cheaper option who can barely lace his skates. Depth on defense is a plus you don't want to throw away.

Im all in for dealing Vatrano or even Spooner for the right price but I'm not trading McQuaid to fill his roll with a down-grade.

Last edited:

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
Cheaper?? What the beep beep does that have to do with it? If someone goes down I want an NHL defenseman whose been through the playoffs wars filling in rather than a cheaper option who can barely lace his skates. Depth on defense is a plus you don't want to throw away.

Im all i for dealing Vatrano or even Spooner for the right price but I'm not trading McQuaid to fill his roll with a down-grade.

Agree! If we had this season's "problem" last April probably would of make the second round at worst.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Yes if we just isolate his salary I agree BrainDust but we are already eating Beleskey's. Beleskey's minor contract according to cap friendly is 4 million, which is a bit more then his NHL deal. I do not know the numbers or how that works in the AHL to the Bruins cap, it cannot be the 4 million, it has to be cheaper.

Isolating Adam's 2.75 is not going get much but there is the puck moving defense philosophy which is not his game. I would you use salary in a package deal with say Spooner, now you have 5.5 million and Vatrano gets us up to 6.3 million. If the target is a top 4 dee or power forward that clears up money for players that are not adding anything to the current successful line up. Picking up a cheaper depth 7th dee can found at the dead line. That money could be used to potentially put them in the race.

Cheaper?? What the beep beep does that have to do with it? If someone goes down I want an NHL defenseman whose been through the playoffs wars filling in rather than a cheaper option who can barely lace his skates. Depth on defense is a plus you don't want to throw away..

Well the Salary Cap for one thing, getting to it and under it and opening up money for acquiring better player's has a lot to do with it. Sounds like there is no better coach then Claude theory, there is not better dee them Adam out there, maybe yes maybe no. Hate to think we miss out on a guy like Stone because we are tied to guys fans love and that salary holds us back. Someone has to move eventually, it's not going be popular either. Just looking at guys that can and have been replaced.

Last edited:

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Yes if we just isolate his salary I agree BrainDust but we are already eating Beleskey's. Beleskey's minor contract according to cap friendly is 4 million, which is a bit more then his NHL deal. I do not know the numbers or how that works in the AHL to the Bruins cap, it cannot be the 4 million, it has to be cheaper.

Isolating Adam's 2.75 is not going get much but there is the puck moving defense philosophy which is not his game. I would you use salary in a package deal with say Spooner, now you have 5.5 million and Vatrano gets us up to 6.3 million. If the target is a top 4 dee or power forward that clears up money for players that are not adding anything to the current successful line up. Picking up a cheaper depth 7th dee can found at the dead line. That money could be used to potentially put them in the race.

Well the Salary Cap for one thing, getting to it and under it and opening up money for acquiring better player's has a lot to do with it. Sounds like there is no better coach then Claude theory, there is not better dee them Adam out there, maybe yes maybe no. Hate to think we miss out on a guy like Stone because we are tied to guys fans love and that salary holds us back. Someone has to move eventually, it's not going be popular either. Just looking at guys that can and have been replaced.

Were nearly 5 mil under the Cap right now.

Believe me if Mark Stone becomes available Adam McQuaid salary wont effect a trade for Stone.

Being tied to players is irrelevant and has nothing to do with wanting depth on your defensive core. You don't trade a depth defenseman the caliber of Adam McQuaid for nothing.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
You only should move Vatrano or McQuaid during this season if they have another deal in place to make use of the cap space created by moving him.

Otherwise, you keep them for depth that the Bruins will without question need at some point if they want to make a run here.

McQuaid eating popcorn at 2.75 is better than unused cap space sitting there doing nothing.

yup. mcquaid is a deal you make in the summer if your team has a chance to do anything in the playoffs.
quaider is a great guy and understands the situation. he'll get his shot to play this year - injuries always
happen, and we'll be happy we have him around in that role. vatrano i can see them moving - he doesn't
seem to have a role, and they have other options in providence who passed him already. maybe you
want a veteran at the deadline and instead of shipping a pick, they could ship vatrano. too many bodies
up front anyway (not including donato, whatever they do with him), so sweeney has to sort that out eventually.

with regards to bjork, for any of you saying trade this guy, that'd be a huge mistake. i think this
is a legit 25-30 goal, 2-way, speedy forward in the near future.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
yup. mcquaid is a deal you make in the summer if your team has a chance to do anything in the playoffs.
quaider is a great guy and understands the situation. he'll get his shot to play this year - injuries always
happen, and we'll be happy we have him around in that role. vatrano i can see them moving - he doesn't
seem to have a role, and they have other options in providence who passed him already. maybe you
want a veteran at the deadline and instead of shipping a pick, they could ship vatrano. too many bodies
up front anyway (not including donato, whatever they do with him), so sweeney has to sort that out eventually.

with regards to bjork, for any of you saying trade this guy, that'd be a huge mistake. i think this
is a legit 25-30 goal, 2-way, speedy forward in the near future.

Your take on Vatrano makes sense. Even if someone in the current F group went down, he's likely option C behind Bjork or Cehlarik (one of those two would likely be recalled in the event of an injury. Moving him creates roster space for someone, even if it's cheap deadline veteran depth. And I like Vatrano, but like Beleskey, he's a left-shot winger who simply got overtaken by other left-shot wingers, same as McQuaid got overtaken by other right-shot D-men.

And I agree on trading Bjork, trading him to me is madness. He's a top level "almost-ready" NHL forward with two more years after this on an ELC contract.

72 Bruins

Jan 3, 2018
The B's have plenty of body's to trade.... Nash, Spooner, Shaller, Kuraly, Krug. Just too name a few. Hell... Throw
Kjechi in the mix.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The B's have plenty of body's to trade.... Nash, Spooner, Shaller, Kuraly, Krug. Just too name a few. Hell... Throw
Kjechi in the mix.

There we go, so what if we are one of the best teams in hockey. Lets get rid of all our veteran role players, oh and for good measure let's include our #2 center and our power play QB.

Maybe we can get a couple of high draft picks and some late rounders, and call up the entire Providence roster

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton
Kjechi in the mix.

Huh?? Right, let’s trade 2/3 of the best 4th line in hockey. Do you even watch the Bruins? Judging by the spelling of their names I’d say not often.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

It's obvious you hate physical, tough defensemen (and players in general) like I hate the Craig Janneys of the world. Your blind hate for McQuaid and this fantasy of all small puck moving D won' work anymore than me wanting a D of all bangers and hitters.

The "he makes too much" excuse is non sense, they are well under the cap and either way they have a GM afraid to make in season deals. "McQuaid for nothing" is flat out garbage, how about Spooner for nothing? Sure he has played well recently but he is just as one dimensional as you accuse McQuaid of being. That saves just as much money.

Can't wait to see McQuaid here all of next year as well.

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Were nearly 5 mil under the Cap right now.

Believe me if Mark Stone becomes available Adam McQuaid salary wont effect a trade for Stone.

Being tied to players is irrelevant and has nothing to do with wanting depth on your defensive core. You don't trade a depth defenseman the caliber of Adam McQuaid for nothing.
Mark Stone is my new binkie and it happened by accident. I went to the Ottawa game and sitting behind net where Ottawa attacked first and third I keyed on Hoffman as a potential future Bruin with zero interest in Stone. However, Stone was the one who caught my eye. Sweeney should make every effort

Second line RW Stone would be a great pickup

Boston could give up draft picks and prospects not named JFK Donato or Bjork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad