Player Discussion Anders Bjork

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The thing is.... He's a pro player, not an AHL player. I don't want to see him take a step backwards..... I want to see him continue to play up. He can offer the B's a heck of a lot more than Shaller, Accari, Spooner, Nash.

Why is it a step backwards. He has been out and needs the opportunity to get his game back, and because of his contract status he has that option to do it at the AHL level. He is 21 years old, it is certainly not a bad place for him, and hopefully it gives him an opportunity to get his confidence in his offensive game back.

It also potentially gives the Bruins the chance to experiment a bit with him, and see him some on the LW to see if he fits better there, if they choose to,

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
It's hard to slot him in to the big club lineup right now. The team is blowing out opponents and all lines are clicking. Bjork needs to play hockey. This should be good for him. He'll likely be back very soon since the next injury is probably just around the corner.
Only a select few players avoid the AHL entirely.
Even Heinen has played 4 games in Providence this year. It seems hard to believe now.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I have been saying this for awhile, great for his confidence to go down and contribute in all the areas. Work on his strength and skills and copy what Heinen and DeBrusk did from the Providence staff.
I haven’t written him off for this year by any means but perhaps next year he can be the legit top 6 forward the Bruins were hoping he could be . Debrusk and obviously Heinen playing well make this an easier decision to make . I wonder who the Bruins would call up first Bjork or Cehlarik if there is an injury?

Reactions: trenton1

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I haven’t written him off for this year by any means but perhaps next year he can be the legit top 6 forward the Bruins were hoping he could be . Debrusk and obviously Heinen playing well make this an easier decision to make . I wonder who the Bruins would call up first Bjork or Cehlarik if there is an injury?

I think the players will have a lot to say about it with their play down in Providence.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The thing is.... He's a pro player, not an AHL player. I don't want to see him take a step backwards..... I want to see him continue to play up. He can offer the B's a heck of a lot more than Shaller, Accari, Spooner, Nash.

Player progression is rarely linear. There's always going to be ebbs and flows, ups and downs, peaks and valleys etc etc etc to someone's career. It's the ones that come back stronger after a setback that really stand out.

Crash Bandicoot

Sobriety isn't for wimps.
Feb 25, 2016
It shouldn't be forgotten that coaches are not the only voices in the room. I'm sure plenty of vet's have quietly made references to Anders needs and that he can get those in Providence. When a player is underperforming it hurts all of his line-mates and there is a trickle up and down effects too. I'm sure it had been a few hiccups now and then it wouldn't matter but he is lagging behind the play and not in a position to help in the offense or defenses side of the rink. He needs to work on his timing and determination.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

going to the AHL is not taking a "step backwards". I saw alot of good things from him this season, but also saw alot of areas that he needs to improve upon and the AHL is the place to do it. Look no further than Heinen as a guy who was demoted (granted earlier than Bjork was) and how much it appears to have helped him.

I have more than enough confidence that this move will help Bjork in long run. It`s a testament to the depth this organization has right now that they can send this kid down.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Unreal the depth this team possesses. Hopefully a McQuaid / Vatrano trade on the radar.

If you add a Spoons to that duo, could be a nice return:nod:

In all fairness, I want to be convinced that DK can stay healthy before I move Spooner but if he can stay healthy, I have moved from the "trade Spooner" side to the "fence sitter" position as the return HAS to be right for the B`s. If Spooner finally shows consistency in his game as he has the past few weeks and indicates maybe something has clicked for him, will DS still move him?

My biggest concern with Spooner is if the B`s were to offer a contract with any length, I fear he wouldn`t be a guy who`s going to play up to the value of a deal

Tough but good spot for DS to be in

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Bjork will be fine. Probably light up providence and come back more confident. I'm not sure what he lacks right now but I bet practicing all camp with Bergeron and Marchand and then getting put with every different line/player and getting a concussion didn't help. Kid is definitely dynamic and it will only be a few months or next year before we see him force someone else out of the line up.

Reactions: bryson21

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I think I would send Vatrano and Bjork to Providence and carry veterans Agostino and Szwarz as extras. If someone goes down or struggles,then changes can be made from there. Keeping 2 youngsters out of any games develops nothing.

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I think I would send Vatrano and Bjork to Providence and carry veterans Agostino and Szwarz as extras. If someone goes down or struggles,then changes can be made from there. Keeping 2 youngsters out of any games develops nothing.

Bjork, Agostino and Szwarz are already there.... Vatrano is your injury replacement right now

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Sometimes it can take a long time to fully recover from a concussion. We’ve seen this time and again. It took Louie a year, it took Bergy over a year etc.

I hope that’s not the issue, but that was a big hit by Martin and Bjork took all of it.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Bjork, Agostino and Szwarz are already there.... Vatrano is your injury replacement right now
Didn't know Bjork was sent there,which is the right thing to do. Vatrano should be sent there also,to work on whatever is preventing him from getting a spot here. Agostino and Szwarz would be my choices to follow the team,while the youngsters develop.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Didn't know Bjork was sent there,which is the right thing to do. Vatrano should be sent there also,to work on whatever is preventing him from getting a spot here. Agostino and Szwarz would be my choices to follow the team,while the youngsters develop.

You have to field a 23 man roster, right.... simply put, Vatrano may be out of options to be assigned or do you run the frisk of him getting claimed off the waiver wire a la Malcolm Subban, which is why Providence had to coerce St. Louis to assign Binnington on loan....

Bjork's assignment is listed on the Bruins website, too

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

If you try and send Vatrano down, he'll be working on whatever is preventing him from getting a spot here, somewhere else. I don't see how he wouldn't get claimed.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Kid is going be a good player in the Pastrnak mold of backed up the pther teams dee. He has a great motor, just no room right now, next year he slots in. Trade McQuaid and Vatrano for anything, no need for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->