Player Discussion Anders Bjork II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Johansson managed to miss 13% of the past season due to injury.

Despite having a killer playoff run, there's really no chance of getting full value out of him.

What happened to him in Buffalo has no relevance to what would have or could have happened elsewhere.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Ya maybe a little too much Passion in my first post i guess lol, Cassidy is starting to show more and more of Juliens traits last going off that eventually cost him his job, in that he is showing too much loyalty to the Veterans while guys like a Studnicka have to be wondering what it takes to impress this guy, Stud was Solid in his last ex game backchecked hard and deserved to be rewarded more then the like of Debrusk with his flyby floating uninspired approach, Its sets bad precedents within your group and i dont think Dafloat is anywhere near the dollar figure he will demand in the late fall, i also notice he seems to get a free pass on this board as well which makes me wonder if Cassidy is censoring lmao

Second post wasn't much better...:naughty:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Ya maybe a little too much Passion in my first post i guess lol, Cassidy is starting to show more and more of Juliens traits last going off that eventually cost him his job, in that he is showing too much loyalty to the Veterans while guys like a Studnicka have to be wondering what it takes to impress this guy, Stud was Solid in his last ex game backchecked hard and deserved to be rewarded more then the like of Debrusk with his flyby floating uninspired approach, Its sets bad precedents within your group and i dont think Dafloat is anywhere near the dollar figure he will demand in the late fall, i also notice he seems to get a free pass on this board as well which makes me wonder if Cassidy is censoring lmao

Welcome!

Cassidy is nowhere close to Claude. lol.

I have a good feeling Stud makes it in this playoffs. As a replacement to under performer or injury.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think Bjork has been bounced up and down the line up and what he truly needs is some consistency. Put him with a line and leave him there to gel. Once he gets his first goal, I think the pressure will be lifted.

Ya, I'd like to see Cassidy commit him to a line and see how they go vs juggling the middle six so he doesn't have to breakup the 1st line. I took a look and over the last 3 years Bjork at 5v5 as played a total of 100+ minutes with 6 players:

Coyle - 383
DeBrusk - 266
Krejci - 249
Kuraly - 235
Wagner - 123
Bergeron - 104

Now again Bruce isn't break-up the first line, so that eliminates Bergeron. For this I'd probably exclude Wagner as well since his TOI w/ Bjork is about half the next lowest guy (Kuraly). Now assuming the centers are Krejci or Coyle you'd have the following options:

Combo
GP
TOI
CF%
SF%
GF%
xGF%
SCF%
HDCF%
DeBrusk-Coyle-Bjork​
53​
59​
56.99​
55.17​
66.67​
61.91​
60.98​
53.85​
DeBrusk-Krejci-Bjork​
47​
61​
49.23​
46.91​
66.67​
46.76​
50.82​
48.15​
Kuraly-Coyle-Bjork​
57​
54​
52.83​
54.55​
57.14​
58.7​
51.06​
54.55​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Now I didn't include Krejci between Kuraly and Bjork because they played all of 1:16 at 5v5 together this year. Looking at this, it seems like a trio of DeBrusk-Coyle-Bjork would make the most sense. Could you make an argument for Kuraly-Coyle-Bjork, leaving DeBrusk-Krejci-Kase together? sure, but that would mean you're breaking up the 4th line and then are having to bench Nordstrom for Lindholm to center the 4th line.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
??? - Krejci - Kase
DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork
Ritchie - Kuraly - Wagner

So now the question mark is who can fill the 2LW slot with Krejci and Kase. For me it sure as hell isn't Rithcie. Could Kase slide over to LW and thus let Studnicka play #2RW w/ Krejci and Kase?

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Ya, I'd like to see Cassidy commit him to a line and see how they go vs juggling the middle six so he doesn't have to breakup the 1st line. I took a look and over the last 3 years Bjork at 5v5 as played a total of 100+ minutes with 6 players:

Coyle - 383
DeBrusk - 266
Krejci - 249
Kuraly - 235
Wagner - 123
Bergeron - 104

Now again Bruce isn't break-up the first line, so that eliminates Bergeron. For this I'd probably exclude Wagner as well since his TOI w/ Bjork is about half the next lowest guy (Kuraly). Now assuming the centers are Krejci or Coyle you'd have the following options:

Combo
GP
TOI
CF%
SF%
GF%
xGF%
SCF%
HDCF%
DeBrusk-Coyle-Bjork​
53​
59​
56.99​
55.17​
66.67​
61.91​
60.98​
53.85​
DeBrusk-Krejci-Bjork​
47​
61​
49.23​
46.91​
66.67​
46.76​
50.82​
48.15​
Kuraly-Coyle-Bjork​
57​
54​
52.83​
54.55​
57.14​
58.7​
51.06​
54.55​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Now I didn't include Krejci between Kuraly and Bjork because they played all of 1:16 at 5v5 together this year. Looking at this, it seems like a trio of DeBrusk-Coyle-Bjork would make the most sense. Could you make an argument for Kuraly-Coyle-Bjork, leaving DeBrusk-Krejci-Kase together? sure, but that would mean you're breaking up the 4th line and then are having to bench Nordstrom for Lindholm to center the 4th line.

??? - Krejci - Kase
DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork

So now the question mark is who can fill the 2LW slot with Krejci and Kase. For me it sure as hell isn't Rithcie. Could Kase slide over to LW and thus let Studnicka play #2RW w/ Krejci and Kase?

Would love this.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Would love this.

It'd be interesting for sure. Another named I'd throw into that 2LW mix (but throws a lot of things off) would be Frederic. Still gives you that big body hard nosed winger for Krejci, not a burner, but a decent skater and still has more offensive upside than Ritchie does. Bringing it back to Bjork those as this thread is about him. I wouldn't mind taking a look to see what Bjork-Krejci-Kase could do. They've played no 5v5 time together, but I feel like Bjork's game could compliment Kase well. This would allow Studnicka to slot in at 3RW

Bjork - Krejci - Kase
DeBrusk - Coyle - Studnicka

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

??? - Krejci - Kase
DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork

I thought that trading Heinen for Ritchie was a bad deal. Heinen is a versatile and useful player to have, and he could easily slot in as a #2 or #3 LW, so your question would be answered.

Thinking ahead to next year, I am wondering whether Krejci will return. If not, then that would result in movinge Coyle up to #2 C and Studnicka being introduced as the #3 C. Maybe the lineup could be the following:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Coyle-Kase
Bjork-Studnicka-Senyshyn
Ritchie/Frederic/Kuraly/Wagner/Lindholm

I personally like the look of that lineup.

False Start

May 8, 2018
I'm losing hope that he can actually score goals / be productive.

He's a hound on the puck and DECENT at puck possession. Kase is basically a better, more confident version of him already.

But Anders must be showing his skills in practice, enough for Donny to give him that extension. I have hope but we've seen him play 100 NHL games.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

He's a hound on the puck and DECENT at puck possession. Kase is basically a better, more confident version of him already.

But Anders must be showing his skills in practice, enough for Donny to give him that extension. I have hope but we've seen him play 100 NHL games.
The kids been injury plagued over two seasons. Thats pretty unfair to call it a good assessment period of the player himself.

Bjork is always aggressive. No one can knock him for not bein engaged. Hes simply trying wayyy too hard to pick his corners when he does get chances.

Im not worried about him at all.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Estlin

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

If the second line is solidified with Kase and JDB the way it looks after the last 2 games, then Bjork on the third line giving you whatever incidental offense he can is fine. If he's in that role, his usual solid positional play is enough, and any goals he adds would be gravy. Especially since he resigned for short dough.

Reactions: Estlin

HellFish89

Sep 28, 2018
Tough his last two games were his best of the season. He always works/skates hard, but often looked really shy with the puck, just dumping it the second he got pressured, but those two games he was really elusive in traffic and was amazing at possesssion. His game in the NCAA was based on that, look like his confidence is growing. We might not have seen the best of Bjork yet. At the start of his pro career he was a bit more like this too, but got clock too often, now he seems to have found a balance and seems more asservative with the puck. If he stay healthy and can build on that, we might have a 40 pts 3rd liner or 50 pts 2nd liner on our hand for pretty cheap.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Still think he and Ritchie got f***ing jobbed out of an assist on Coyle's goal. How do you not give them the helper when they were the reason the puck came loose, FFS???

Ritchie makes sense, but Bjork absolutely should have gotten an assist. Mrazek didn't just let go of the puck on his own

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Ritchie makes sense, but Bjork absolutely should have gotten an assist. Mrazek didn't just let go of the puck on his own

It's weird because they gave each one an assist initially and then changed it to unassisted a period later. At the very least, Bjork should have gotten one, and I personally think they both deserved it.

Reactions: Grimey

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Still think he and Ritchie got f***ing jobbed out of an assist on Coyle's goal. How do you not give them the helper when they were the reason the puck came loose, FFS???

Mrazek freezes the puck if Bjork and Ritchie don't jam at the loose puck. I fail to understand the logic behind taking their assists away.

Reactions: Sheppy

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
I can’t remember a worse game by a professional hockey player than Björk today. It’s one thing to not be able to contribute offensively on that line, but man oh man you can’t take three lazy penalties trying to catch up to them. I do not want to see him again this year. Wagner was much better.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I can’t remember a worse game by a professional hockey player than Björk today. It’s one thing to not be able to contribute offensively on that line, but man oh man you can’t take three lazy penalties trying to catch up to them. I do not want to see him again this year. Wagner was much better.

You are being too harsh imo

The aggression heightened his play

He just needs to be a little more careful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad