Post-Game Talk: And4son

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Marner in overtime is an absolute liability. Not to mention Rielly is the backup plan after Marner makes these awful turnovers.

You cant blame Fred too much for that goal. He sees his Dman laying down the pass shouldn't be an option. You can tell from the back angle he was playing the shot as he should have.

lol he probably realized it was #44 and had to be prepared for both the shot and the pass

Reactions: Tlo1 and The Cobra

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Whatever. Boys didn’t care and it was obvious. I’ve about had it with the Matthews-Marner-Rielly trio in OT. They aren’t responsible enough defensively and are too prone to brain farts. Has that trio actually scored an OT goal together? Rielly has one but that was with Tavares. Holl has scored with Matthews and Marner. Maybe I just can’t recall, gonna look this up.

IDK why they dont just play FOLIGNO MATTHEWS MARNER in OT. Or if they want to do they defenseman thing then Brodie Matthews Marner

Reactions: Tlo1

Tlo1

Nov 6, 2017
Please don't tell me you guys care about a nothing game against a nothing franchise?

Players are resting. Campbell was out and it was Freddy's first showing. Sens had to beat our number three goalie in a skating competition.

This is why we are making the post season and they aren't.
It’s not so much about the game than about some players making bone headed plays that just boggle the mind.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
We'd have zero playoffs the last 4 years without Fred on the team. People realize that right ? It's a fact. Not an opinion.

I dont understand the need to speak about like he's a piece of dirt. If his time is done here, fine. But the hatred is such a pain to watch. I don't understand it.

He was a big part of this team leaving the dark ages.

We have zero reasons to be this angry. Our team is sick and we have a goalie with the potential to take over Fred's job. Life is good for Leafs fans.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I just really don't like the idea of two players who will play around 25 minutes a game who can make a game losing play on any given shift. Marner does bring more than enough to make up for his blunders, but those become a lot more costly in a short playoff series. I don't think Rielly brings enough offensive ability to make up for his awful defense though

Rielly was sort of the bag holder on that play, but he's definitely shown on a pretty regular basis he has no idea what he's doing on a 2 on 1. Remind me again which OT it was when he was puck watching on the double dumb Matthews Marner drop pass sequence and the other team came down and scored a 2 on 1 OT goal? Was it Winnipeg?

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Good news / bad news with that loss.

- One point got us into 5th and with Minnesota getting blown out so far, doesn't look like anyone can catch us.
- Moving up looks impossible with Colorado blowing out LA. Can't catch Florida now with tonight's loss due to ROW's.

Looks like 5th overall is a lock. Not too shabby.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
We'd have zero playoffs the last 4 years without Fred on the team. People realize that right ? It's a fact. Not an opinion.

I dont understand the need to speak about like he's a piece of dirt. If his time is done here, fine. But the hatred is such a pain to watch. I don't understand it.

He was a big part of this team leaving the dark ages.

We have zero reasons to be this angry. Our team is sick and we have a goalie with the potential to take over Fred's job. Life is good for Leafs fans.
Fred's been a significant issue the past year and was trouble last year too. Prior to that he was solid, but I'm not going to pretend he gave us some unbelievable goaltending that couldn't be matched by someone else.

Reactions: ruaware41

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I think people gotta put away the pitch forks on marner for the night. This was a legit nothing game. He’s a creative player and wasn’t emotionally or energetically involved all night. That play happened like 10 times throughout the game for him. Keefe realistically shouldn’t have gone with Matthews and marner in OT if he wanted the W. they were both terrible all night. But seeing as though this game was as important as a nipple on a dude, he went to the well and pulled up dogshit

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Totally agree with most of your fellers and gals here regarding the collective whewwwww! No injuries!!
And really not concerned with our elite groups game tonight
What’s the most irritating and concerning was the play of the guys on the bubble ..
Our foot soldiers played like crap and that’s not acceptable!

Last edited:

Tlo1

Nov 6, 2017
Whatever. Boys didn’t care and it was obvious. I’ve about had it with the Matthews-Marner-Rielly trio in OT. They aren’t responsible enough defensively and are too prone to brain farts. Has that trio actually scored an OT goal together? Rielly has one but that was with Tavares. Holl has scored with Matthews and Marner. Maybe I just can’t recall, gonna look this up.
Aleast the good news is we won’t see that trio anymore in OT when games matter.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Can somebody explain why we cannot play well against Ottawa?

Like I played hockey and know hockey, but we just suck donkey balls against this team. Yet Edmonton and other teams rack up points like a junior team vs them.

styles make fights. Raptors suck against the Bulls, Raptors own top teams (in 2019). Everyone else beats the Bulls.

Reactions: TopChedder

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Rielly was sort of the bag holder on that play, but he's definitely shown on a pretty regular basis he has no idea what he's doing on a 2 on 1. Remind me again which OT it was when he was puck watching on the double dumb Matthews Marner drop pass sequence and the other team came down and scored a 2 on 1 OT goal? Was it Winnipeg?
I believe it was Edmonton, but he's had too many blunders to properly keep track of. It's most easy to notice when it's an odd man rush and a goal, but his biggest flaw is he can't defend any sort of rush chance against. His man almost always beats him, and the opposing team gets to set up in our zone freely. And of course, he creates plenty of odd man rushes against for his partner to deal with

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Classic andersen. Give the other team a 2-3 goal lead. Leafs fight back and tie it up. Andersen allows the game winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad