Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
1st goal no chance

2nd goal dont know what the F happened and stupid shorty

3rd goal lucky bounce IMO right where the kid got up

4th goal hung out to dry

I think I start Freddie again against the Jets to see where he's at
No disrespect, but Freddy is done. I hope him the best for next year and the years that follow. I think he can find his game elsewhere. But this guy is a terrible goalie right now. He is way too busy in the blue paint. He can’t track plays, and he’s not locating pucks at all. I know there is rust. And I’ll give him that, but he’s been dogshit for a long time now. He constantly overplays shots and it puts him out of position for cross seem dishes and rebounds. Way too many tap in goals on Freddy. Because he is always out of position, yet the Lehman will say oh fred had no shot, open net. Freddy doesn’t give himself a chance.

Tlo1

Nov 6, 2017
Rielly has certainly not earned the benefit of the doubt by repeatedly being unable to defend any kind of 2 on 1 situation, but the spacing of Tkachuk Norris and the speed the counter attack was coming at there wasn't that much to be done other than miraculously cutting off that cross ice pass.
He coulda did a bit more than just bend down and put his stick out. See Brodie stretched flat out on the ice and how many times he’s been able to prevent a cross ice pass.

Reactions: The Cobra

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
- Marner needs to stop with the giveaways. He wasn't even under pressure.
- Andersen, meh. First game back, only so much we can say but except for the first one, they were all classic Freddy goals.
- The refs let Ottawa get away with so many hooks, interferences and trips in the 3rd it was hilarious. And I was relieved they let them get away with it.
No injuries, and the coaching staff learned what they needed to know about the goaltending situation.

Win-win.

The outcome of the game doesn't matter. Its all about playoff readiness now.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Avs and Vegas arent playing nothing games. They are battling for 1st place. Arguably the biggest games of their season.
Also they’ve been pretty great consistent teams all year don’t forget , not many “ crazy Leaf “ games in them this year ..
Understand , but we could have been playing for possible 2nd overall which wouldn’t be a bad thing
Anyway
It doesn’t matter
No injuries !

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Whatever. Boys didn’t care and it was obvious. I’ve about had it with the Matthews-Marner-Rielly trio in OT. They aren’t responsible enough defensively and are too prone to brain farts. Has that trio actually scored an OT goal together? Rielly has one but that was with Tavares. Holl has scored with Matthews and Marner. Maybe I just can’t recall, gonna look this up.

Satisfied my curiosity and for anyone else who cares, the trio has scored ONE overtime GWG. It was against Winnipeg when the useless refs didn’t call the slash that broke Reilly’s stick and Matthews ended it with a sick backhand.

They’ve definitely been on together for more goals against at three on three, the trio should be broken up next year.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Leafs are going to get destroyed if they give an effort like that against Montreal!!

Unacceptable to lose against Ottawa AGAIN.

At least Matthews won the rocket

Just a question. Are you really a Leaf fan or a Sens fan? Because here you claim to be Leafs fan who has adopted Senators as your "second team" because of German Stutzle.

Value of: - OTT-TOR

And here you are making a joke of Leaf fans by referring to them as "they" :laugh:

GDT: - Game 56 | Leafs @ Senators | Season concludes | Wednesday May 12th, 8:00PM | SN, TVAS2

So which one is it?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
We'd have zero playoffs the last 4 years without Fred on the team. People realize that right ? It's a fact. Not an opinion.

I dont understand the need to speak about like he's a piece of dirt. If his time is done here, fine. But the hatred is such a pain to watch. I don't understand it.

He was a big part of this team leaving the dark ages.

We have zero reasons to be this angry. Our team is sick and we have a goalie with the potential to take over Fred's job. Life is good for Leafs fans.

+1

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
No HE WASN'T FINE. He was his same terrible usual self. Not saying the team was absolute stellar in front of him, but he was BAD and that 3rd goal was HORRIBLE. Put Andersen out to pasture already. If he plays the Leafs will have no chance of winning in the playoffs.

A guy, who hasn't played an NHL game in 7 weeks with a complete shit effort in front of him? Yea, he was fine. Relax. Campbell will start game 1.
You could tell his confidence was almost nil. Constantly searching for the puck even when he had it, and seemed to have a tough time tracking it well. Not surprised considering nothing replicates NHL speed other than actual NHL play. He was moving well, and there were not many if any rebounds.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
We'd have zero playoffs the last 4 years without Fred on the team. People realize that right ? It's a fact. Not an opinion.

It's not only an opinion, it's a bad one. McElhinney was a better goaltender for at least one and probably two of those years so we had an option in hand that was better and pissed it away. And you have no idea who else we could have brought in so saying we couldn't have made the playoffs without Andersen as a fact is ludicrous.

I dont understand the need to speak about like he's a piece of dirt. If his time is done here, fine. But the hatred is such a pain to watch. I don't understand it.

He was a big part of this team leaving the dark ages.

We have zero reasons to be this angry. Our team is sick and we have a goalie with the potential to take over Fred's job. Life is good for Leafs fans.

Not angry and I don't hate him. I just wish him well on his post-Leaf journey.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Meaningless game and the players played like it. Freddy was shaky and did not do anything to justify even being a backup to start the playoffs.

Good news is no one got injured. I really hope Keefe rests as many key guys as possible on Friday to give them a nice break before the playoffs start.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
today he was like this

adobestock_140430038.jpeg

Those are big feet, but she does have a nice A

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Some of you people have no class.

Marner played an amazing game, makes one booboo and now a whole bunch of aholes are condemning him.

We could have Gretzky, Howe, Shore and M.Lemieux on our team, go 82-0 in the regular season and 16-0 in the playoffs and some of you people would still whine and complain. :banghead:

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad