Post-Game Talk: And4son

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
I'd like to blame Marner for that last goal but at some point you have to point the finger at the coach that puts that 3x3 liability out there time after time. Meh, one more and on to the playoffs.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Considering Andersen was out for 7 weeks, thought he was fine. Some strange bounces and plays around him.

No HE WASN'T FINE. He was his same terrible usual self. Not saying the team was absolute stellar in front of him, but he was BAD and that 3rd goal was HORRIBLE. Put Andersen out to pasture already. If he plays the Leafs will have no chance of winning in the playoffs.

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
I know this was on Marner but I say it again: "F Reilly".
Him & Andersen can't be relied upon to bail us out. They're gonna F us over again in the POs ffs!

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Marner is always capable of making brilliant plays like that lone ranger rush clanking the wrister off the crossbar on the PK earlier in the game to almost make it 2-0 as well as those highly 'creative' little touches with the puck that result in a cascade of headaches. It's a very fine line between creativity, chaos, high IQ and bad choices.
I just really don't like the idea of two players who will play around 25 minutes a game who can make a game losing play on any given shift. Marner does bring more than enough to make up for his blunders, but those become a lot more costly in a short playoff series. I don't think Rielly brings enough offensive ability to make up for his awful defense though

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
No one injured, the point is a bonus.

Marner way too soft on that play. If that were a fringe player he might be out of the lineup next game. Get it out of the system before next week

For the most part he has eliminated these soft plays this year., but not tonight. In OT it's an auto loss two times out of three.

Give me more Simmonds on the PP and more Foligno along the boards. Both will contribute heavily post season I am predicting.

Marner always gets in trouble when when he underestimates who he's out there against and gets a little too fancy/sloppy with the puck management.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
The only thing that mattered in this game was Andersen’s performance.
And he was weak as usual.
What Marner and the others did was of no consequence.

Reactions: klmdg and The Cobra

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Lmao some things never change. Blind pass by Marner, Rielly can’t defend the 2 on 1, Andersen can’t make the big save. Like clockwork.
Ya it’s a bit hard to be critical of Andy and Mo on that play. I will say, they both played that terribly though. Mo especially lol. He didn’t even have to sauce the pass it was that bad. And Freddy, tougher save but totally doable. The major f*** up is obviously marner, but a strong play from Freddy or mo keeps that game going. C’est La Vie... literally the most meaningless game all year

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
That was hard to watch. Matthews tacking on another was nice to put us to overtime. Marner deal was a blind back pass in overtime in your own zone. Yeah it’s stupid as f***

Marner has to be more smarter and less fancy

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I want to say please fix the PP but we have 1 game left in the season, I'm just gonna accept the fact that we have no PP plan
Its not good enough sire. You already know. Tavares should ALWAYS, ALWAYS like the italians say with the accent be on the first unit. Our best shoota. But yeah, other moves could be made.

We still hard though. Comin agg.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Looked like we were going through the motions.

Marner, Rielly and Andy were particularly bad tonight. Only one that matters is Fred right now

Once

Jul 16, 2010
Freddy doesn’t have it. Campbell makes the big saves when we need jt most. Meaningless game really — bring on the playoffs

Reactions: The Cobra

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
Its been nice Freddie, but don't let the door hit you on the way out.

And turn off the light. Thanks.

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
Freddy in post game interview: "I'm happy with how I played. The other team got some fortunate bounces but I don't see what I could have done differently."

Reactions: Wrong Wilson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad