OT: And now we return to our regularly scheduled program

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Man, watching your kids morn the loss of a pet ****ing sucks. Especially the 6 year old who has only ever known life with said pet.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Man, watching your kids morn the loss of a pet ****ing sucks. Especially the 6 year old who has only ever known life with said pet.

Yeah, that sucks.

My Golden, Mika, stayed with my ex when we got divorced.

I ended up taking him to the vet to be put down at the end. We had gotten Mika about a year before our oldest was born. So, all three kids had Mika in their life from birth.

That was so tough. But, it was time.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I'm sorry.

My wife finds out tomorrow what the plan in moving forward at the college she works at.

She has been working hard to add a lot of value since being at home since last Monday. So, she is likely in a better position than say the admins that support venues that are shut down, like the college library.

Sorry Doak, but given your wife's situation, I'm sure your extra help at home/ with twins will help her from becoming utterly exhausted as the COVID19 surge continues. Is she working extra during surge? Directly with COVID19 or helping cover workload for her colleagues drafted into direct support?

Thanks. We are fortunate that my wife makes enough that I don't have to work (but it certainly helps). Thankfully she hasn't had any extra hours yet, but the hospital is expecting it to ramp up at over the next few weeks. Lakeland is an older population, especially in the winter, so we'll see how it looks in a few weeks. I'm expecting it to be bad because the people have not been taking it that seriously. I was downtown a week after places starting shutting down and people were all over the place.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Something ridiculous to (hopefully) give people a laugh. Not even really sure what the heck is going on here.

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
That's a coat hanger or something hung off a sprinkler head ripping it off and . . .

Water, water everywhere. 110%.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
I mean in the grand scale of things its nothing, but due to the virus we have to postpone our wedding.

Sucks but oh well, way more people have been hit much harder by this mfer.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I mean in the grand scale of things its nothing, but due to the virus we have to postpone our wedding.

Sucks but oh well, way more people have been hit much harder by this mfer.

It still sucks.

My oldest likely won't get a lot of senior year stuff. He already lost his music department spring break trip. Who knows what will happen to graduation and other stuff.

My younger son's JV lacrosse season is likely gone.

Our mission trip to Rwanda likely won't happen this summer.

Who knows what will happen to my daughter's soccer season this summer.

All minor sacrifices in the grand scheme of things. But, it still sucks.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I've been working remotely the past week and a half and I have no idea how they'll be able to drag me back to the office after this.
It is inconvenient as hell since my internet at home is not fast enough to connect to the work computers, so I'm parked in the library lot half the time and in my buddy's side yard half the time, but I'm isolated from the office nonsense, I'm isolated from being jumped on by my kids (delightful, 5 and 2) and I've managed to get a lot done.
As an enthusiastic introvert, it's weird having a work day charge my mental energy batteries.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I've been working remotely the past week and a half and I have no idea how they'll be able to drag me back to the office after this.
It is inconvenient as hell since my internet at home is not fast enough to connect to the work computers, so I'm parked in the library lot half the time and in my buddy's side yard half the time, but I'm isolated from the office nonsense, I'm isolated from being jumped on by my kids (delightful, 5 and 2) and I've managed to get a lot done.
As an enthusiastic introvert, it's weird having a work day charge my mental energy batteries.
I’ve enjoyed working at home but I’ll be happy to get back to the office. Having to be isolated in my bedroom for my entire shift is annoying. Having other people around me in the office to make small talk with etc is nice. The hard thing to give up for me is, since I work 2nd shift I get to have dinner with the family when I work at home.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

It has been 80% positive for me.

The only real downside is that it seems like there are boatloads more meetings which leaves me less time to actually get real work done.

My wife misses going into work way more than I do. The fact that my commute is 3x longer than hers might be a factor.

If I had a legit home gym, I wouldn't mind the lock down nearly as much as I am now.

Reactions: Chainshot

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I used to hate working from home because it was intermittent and I had trouble getting a routine and being fully productive. Though not having walk ups all the time was always a benefit.

After a few days when this started, I started to enjoy it a lot more. I got a routine down. Though I think a big part of it is the stress being reduced because most of our projects are on hold, so it's not a huge load anymore.

Reactions: Chainshot

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Got my OnePlus 7 Pro in the mail 2 days ago. This "flagship killer" is knocking my socks off with the 90hz refresh rate. Everything's so smooth compared to the old LG I was running

Officially a fan. Plus I paid 490~$ and the market value or the price on any other site I went to (other than EBay) was at least 665-1100$

Figured I'd upgrade with being the fact that mobile is my daily driver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad