OT: And now we return to our regularly scheduled program

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Kent Rollins has some interesting stuff. Have you tried his seasoning that he sells?

Not yet, no on the seasoning. I'm even behind in my usual monthly Penzeys order (have had to cut back on everything, bought some essential spices on bulk at places like the local ethnic bodegas).

I like seeing how people do things I already do, trying to pick up techniques on things. Also, there was a place in CR that was run by a Mexican woman who would make green enchilada sauce just for me that reminds me of the Cocina person. Granted, the chef was this spritely mid-40's Latina not an abuela.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Running out of my seasoning essentials as I haven't shopped in 3 weeks. I've been forced to send the gf as I can't stand in line for a couple hours to just get in the store. She's good at getting gatorade (an essential) and real good at junk food and nasty canned sardines / meat loaf her and brother eat, but terrible with the list I send. Almost out of garlic powder, flour, olive oil but I have 10 cans of tuna in oil (which I don't eat), 3 bags of toblerone, and a cabinet full of chips and cookies.

Her and I are very different, she's eating all day long, and I only eat when forced to. This boredom and lazing around just doesn't build up an appetite.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Running out of my seasoning essentials as I haven't shopped in 3 weeks. I've been forced to send the gf as I can't stand in line for a couple hours to just get in the store. She's good at getting gatorade (an essential) and real good at junk food and nasty canned sardines / meat loaf her and brother eat, but terrible with the list I send. Almost out of garlic powder, flour, olive oil but I have 10 cans of tuna in oil (which I don't eat), 3 bags of toblerone, and a cabinet full of chips and cookies.

Her and I are very different, she's eating all day long, and I only eat when forced to. This boredom and lazing around just doesn't build up an appetite.
I wish I could say the same re not eating if bored. If active I can forget about eating--I can golf all day or play bridge and not eat a bit. If sitting at home-I live at home by myself since my wife died- I eat like I am addicted.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
I wish I could say the same re not eating if bored. If active I can forget about eating--I can golf all day or play bridge and not eat a bit. If sitting at home-I live at home by myself since my wife died- I eat like I am addicted.
In my case I also have a broken aircon in 100F so stuck with an electric fan. Heat and boredom just makes me laze around, though I've gone through all seasons of Friends,The Big Bang, and Seinfeld. Working on Raymond as I watched all the new movies that have popped on the android box

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
In my case I also have a broken aircon in 100F so stuck with an electric fan. Heat and boredom just makes me laze around, though I've gone through all seasons of Friends,The Big Bang, and Seinfeld. Working on Raymond as I watched all the new movies that have popped on the android box
Looks like you need some shows with hour long episodes.
The Americans
Hannibal
Mr Robot
Fargo
Deadwood
Homeland
Justified
Longmire
The Last Ship(Kinda fitting for the current situation)

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Looks like you need some shows with hour long episodes.
The Americans
Hannibal
Mr Robot
Fargo
Deadwood
Homeland
Justified
Longmire
The Last Ship(Kinda fitting for the current situation)
Unfortunately I need shows that will keep gf interested and can't get too deep or I spend more time explaining to her, as her english while good doesn't grasp the intricacies or subtle ideas. My viewing habits are much different when she takes off to spend the day swimming with her gf or eating nasty dried fish with her aunt

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Each team in the league should vote on their best Fortnite player and then there can be a televised 31-man battle royale for Lord Stanley.

Hey, it’s better than hosting a two man sack race on alternating Fridays until a winner is declared. Pepper needs new shorts!

God I’m bored.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Each team in the league should vote on their best Fortnite player and then there can be a televised 31-man battle royale for Lord Stanley.

Hey, it’s better than hosting a two man sack race on alternating Fridays until a winner is declared. Pepper needs new shorts!

God I’m bored.
Why wouldn't they just play Chel 20

Reactions: Jim Bob

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Because then it would just be the same nonsense NASCAR is doing. Need to flip this script.

They need to pick 7 different video games and do a best of 7 series.

Fortnite, Chel, Madden, FIFA, what else?

And do the 2-2-1-1-1 format and let the "home" team pick which of the 7 games to play for that "game".

Reactions: Reddawg

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Welp, I've been Furloughed for 90 days. Time for some funemployment!

I'm sorry.

My wife finds out tomorrow what the plan in moving forward at the college she works at.

She has been working hard to add a lot of value since being at home since last Monday. So, she is likely in a better position than say the admins that support venues that are shut down, like the college library.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
Are there any business owners / entrepreneurs from the 716 (still living / operating in the area) in these boards?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

The AirBike Classic deal taunted me long enough that I pulled the trigger on one this morning.

I may get my money's worth before the quarantine is over depending on how long it lasts.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Sorry Doak, but given your wife's situation, I'm sure your extra help at home/ with twins will help her from becoming utterly exhausted as the COVID19 surge continues. Is she working extra during surge? Directly with COVID19 or helping cover workload for her colleagues drafted into direct support?

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix

And do the 2-2-1-1-1 format and let the "home" team pick which of the 7 games to play for that "game".
So basically bring back the CGS from 2007-2008
Championship Gaming Series - Wikipedia

CSGO, DOTA 2 or LoL, Chel, Rocket League, Fortnite or PUBG(Though BRs do not make a good Esport, trying to observe sucks), Smash, Hearthstone or a Racing Sim like Forza.

Reactions: Jim Bob

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
i went from full time to WFH half time. i'm honestly not even complaining. i am planning on going back to school in the fall, so this just gives me more time to watch the markets and catch up on things i've been putting off for as long as i can remember

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY

Yesssssssss...I love this.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
When I clicked on the bookmark to this site today, it took me to some really old HFboards page where the newest post was from 2012.

It was strange. I had to reload a few times before I got the current Hf site.

Anyone else have that happen to them? Or just me?

Reactions: southeastern

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Anyone use eBay or Amazon to do their online shopping? How would you compare the two?

I noticed my feedback rating as a buyer is 100%. Just ordered a new phone the other day from eBay cause the price difference between the two sites was around 465$ less on eBay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad