OT: And now we return to our regularly scheduled program

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
For those who are fans of Good Eats/Alton Brown, he is doing a live stream on YouTube on Tuesday nights at 7:00 pm eastern with his wife, knocking around their kitchen. They've done two so far, it's fun if nothing else.
I enjoy Sam The Cooking Guy videos. He basically cooks the same way I do complete with cursing, faux pas etc except for the whole paper towel roll face wipe

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I enjoy Sam The Cooking Guy videos. He basically cooks the same way I do complete with cursing, faux pas etc except for the whole paper towel roll face wipe

Yeah, he's fun too. That it's his son running the camera also strikes close to home - I've been cooking to entertain my kids for years.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
So far. I'm staying the f*** home and limiting any contact. Getting my ex to do the same is my issue now. :facepalm:

I am in don't ask, don't tell mode with regards to that.

I do know that she still has to go into work (she manages a testing lab at Strong Hospital) and I suspect that she is spending nights with her BF when the kids are over here.

:tmi:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I am in don't ask, don't tell mode with regards to that.

I do know that she still has to go into work (she manages a testing lab at Strong Hospital) and I suspect that she is spending nights with her BF when the kids are over here.

:tmi:

Mine went to NYC three weekends ago. I let the kids give her the tongue lashing for it and kept my mouth shut.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
It's getting scary out there. My wife's hospital is on the verge of running out of PPE, and they haven't even been hit hard yet

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Binging with Babish is another good YT cooking show. He makes random stuff from TV shows and movies and what not.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
9 of the 11 people on our team at work are being furloughed. There's myself and one other left. My 4 direct reports furloughed. My boss and his boss furloughed. I'm "lucky" but it feels like shit.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
9 of the 11 people on our team at work are being furloughed. There's myself and one other left. My 4 direct reports furloughed. My boss and his boss furloughed. I'm "lucky" but it feels like shit.
I was wondering what was going to happen with you when I saw a report of what was happening at your company. Was going to text you but then forgot. Which that fact shouldn’t surprise either of us.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
For those of you that ever wondered what combat is like, this is sort of it. Living day to day, lots of questions, when will this end...

just punctuate each day with your yard getting rocketed and you getting shot at to and from Wegmans, and you’re pretty much there.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Survivor's guilt is real. Make sure you take care of you - if you can talk to someone, do so. Internalizing it can lead to other issues later. Trust me on this.

Reactions: vcv

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Wings fan sharing.

upload_2020-3-27_17-48-17.png

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Wayne Gretzky, the Hanson Brothers and the hockey influences...

David L. Snyder, the film and television production designer raised in Buffalo, N.Y., went on a tour of Canadian breweries. It was for his work on “Strange Brew,” a film based on the fictional beer-drinking heroism of Bob and Doug McKenzie, and for a while, it felt like he signed onto a documentary.

“Every time we’d go to a brewery,” he said, “I’d noticed the people who worked there would drink beer during the day like water.”

It is cool that the article started off with a tie to Buffalo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad